New Crewe member upon this Ship!

Tess St. Claire

If you are speaking of the one I received in my room, the blue one with the card that said something lovely about ...'as blue as my eyes....Yes...I adore it!"

Another aside to Miss St. Claire, "Odd, the dress I told the seamstress t' take was light green, and reminded me of the gowns young brides wear. If I had sent a card, it would have read, 'To a women who is always the bridesmaid and never the bride...'. The dress had been made for a Lady-in-Waiting." Pauses, "No matter, if the one ye received is t' yer likein', keep it."

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tess shoots a look to Ransom,

"Be careful, Dearie....you may not wake up with him by your side...but you may find a dagger in your back!" ;)

To Lady Saint Claire,

Oh come now, Tess. I'm about to hand you my rebellious first mate on a platter to do with as you will—to a point. Besides, I'm sure, in your long and...interesting...life, you've had worse things tossed at you than Creme Brulee. Say, a certain Lord Darnley?

I'm in no fear of my back.

Regards,

Ransom

I hand the note and a coin to a nearby sailor, with instructions on where to deliver it.

I give Jacky a puzzled look. "I wonder how Tess throws her voice that way? After all, we've walked quite a ways from the Pub, and I can hear her just like she's standing next to us. Must be something they teach you in court." ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

As for your first mate, Ransom...I am sure you are happy to get rid of him. As for Jacky here...time will tell.

"Oh yes, you're free to play with Ioan for as long as I like. :ph34r:

As for Jacky, yes, time will tell."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"We have an accord, I stay or go at Ransom's discretion."

"My descretion says stay, and let's continue our walk...and our talk. Who knows where either may lead?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"My descretion says stay, and let's continue our walk...and our talk. Who knows where either may lead?"

They have walked far enough to reach the Relentless, which is in port for refitting and to take on supplies. A surly roughneck guarding the gang plank approachs them, he recognizes Jacky, tips his hat and returns to his post. Jacky turns to Ransom, "Welcome aboard the Relentless, and watch yer step, luv."

"Seein' yer not a captain and ye turned over yer first mate t' Tess. Ye must be Catholic! Have ye considered becomin' Protestant? They offer divorce!"

"Shush Tess , and start playing ... by the way you owe me 2 silver "  :lol:

Lilly looks over at Nate....

What she owe you two silver for there, Nate?

Elvira looks at Tess's cards and Striker's (Nate) cards, "Jes Nate wins, he has four fibes y she has tree trees. De silver goes tu Nate."

Elvira sits next to Silkie, "I not hear tu play, jus bring jou de rules y 50 Reales."

------------------------------------

The cards are shuffled, and two cards are dealt to each of the players.

Each player, in turn, starting at the dealer's left, makes a bet or drops out.

Each player remaining in the game is dealt two more cards.

The remaining players, in turn, starting at the dealer's left, makes an additional bet or drops out.

Each remaining player gets a fifth and final card.

The remaining players then bet a final time or drop out.

Those who are still in the game show their hands and the highest ranking hand wins the money that was bet.

*** The rank of hands from highest to lowest are:

Five of the same suit. (5 hearts, 5 spades, 5 face, 5 diamonds, 5 clubs)

Five of the same rank. (5 fives, 5 fours, 5 threes, 5 twos, 5 ones)

Four of the same rank. (4 fives, 4 fours, 4 threes, 4 twos, 4 ones)

Three of one rank and two of another rank. ("Full House")

Three of the same rank. (3 fives, 3 fours, 3 threes, 3 twos, 3 ones)

Two of the same rank. (2 fives, 2 fours, 2 threes, 2 twos, 2 ones)

------------------------------------

Adios!

"Seein' yer not a captain and ye turned over yer first mate t' Tess. Ye must be Catholic! Have ye considered becomin' Protestant? They offer divorce!"

Sly grin. "Oh, I'm Captain of the Rakehell, make no mistake. And I only released my first mate because he's more trouble than he's worth. Tess is welcome to him, although she may find him a pain in the arse after too long."

Shrugs. "As for religion, I've found it causes more problems than it solves. I believe in myself, for good or bad. So, how can I divorce myself?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Sly grin. "Oh, I'm Captain of the Rakehell, make no mistake. And I only released my first mate because he's more trouble than he's worth. Tess is welcome to him, although she may find him a pain in the arse after too long."

Shrugs. "As for religion, I've found it causes more problems than it solves. I believe in myself, for good or bad. So, how can I divorce myself?"

"An Irish lass, and not Catholic. Saints preserve us! St. Patrick will be turnin' in his grave, he will." Jacky chuckles softly. "I could search Pub lore, but why don't ye tell me what type of vessel the Rakehell be."

"A lovely two masted schooner, masts raked, gaff rigged. Some might call it a...dare I say...sexy ship. But she has a bite—six eight pounders and four swivel guns. Right now, she's moored in Port Royal harbor. Maybe you should pay her a visit, eh? It's a lively town, who knows what could happen. Why, just ask Captain Sterling how exciting Port Royal can be." :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"A lovely two masted schooner, masts raked, gaff rigged. Some might call it a...dare I say...sexy ship. But she has a bite—six eight pounders and four swivel guns. Right now, she's moored in Port Royal harbor. Maybe you should pay her a visit, eh? It's a lively town, who knows what could happen. Why, just ask Captain Sterling how exciting Port Royal can be." :lol:

"Gaff rigged, two masted schooner, sez ye... That's called a bald-headed' schooner. Never known a balded headed lady t' be sexy; but, t' each their own. I'm sure she's fast and scoons sweetly."

.. That's called a bald-headed' schooner. Never known a balded headed lady t' be sexy; but, t' each their own. I'm sure she's fast and scoons sweetly."

:lol: Bald Headed...I've never heard that before! No, no, that's not a proper description of the Rakehell. Sleek, sexy, fast...beautiful she is. Scoons with the best of them. So, tell me about the Relentless. Seems to me her name describes her Captain. Be that true?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Seems to me her name describes her Captain. Be that true?"

"I wouldn't know luv, the crew named her."

"I'm sorry, I intended no insult. I just assumed you were her captain. Or, if you are, and the crew named the ship, then I still meant no disrespect. I like the name Relentless, so only thought to offer you a compliment."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"I'm sorry, I intended no insult. I just assumed you were her captain. Or, if you are, and the crew named the ship, then I still meant no disrespect. I like the name Relentless, so only thought to offer you a compliment."

"Ye can compliment the ol' girl, she's been thru alot. I think the crew named her Relentless, 'cause how doggedly I pursued her; but, they'll never say. She came in t' port on a single mast, when she should have been at the bottom of the sea."

"Ye didn't insult me, again ye miss read me. Lot's of history wit' any ship. Aye... Relentless is a good name."

"Ye didn't insult me, again ye miss read me.

:ph34r: "Seems I have a habit of doing that. Something I need to work on, I guess. Or maybe it's just that you're so...interesting...and a bit mysterious, that I get it wrong sometimes. Bear with me, Ransom is a work in progress, and still a little rough around the edges. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Striker walks out to the docks on his way to his ship and meets Jacky and Ransom on his way . They notice the lack of clothing again , he is only wearing his hat .

" That damn Tess .... took all of my money and clothes.... Never going to play cards with her again ! " B)

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

Striker walks out to the docks on his way to his ship and meets Jacky and Ransom on his way . They notice the lack of clothing again , he is only wearing his hat .

" That damn Tess .... took all of my money and clothes.... Never going to play cards with her again ! " :ph34r:

Jacky yells to Striker, "Hide behind a barrel or somethin', while I find ye some clothing!" Turns to Ransom, "I don't know which is worse the man's drinkin' or his card playin'." Jacky grabs a justacorp and breeches from his cabin and hurries down the gang plank to his immodest friend.