New Crewe member upon this Ship!

Tess St. Claire

Sterling reenters the pub, migraine gone and felling much better... He buys Striker a drink for lookin after him and then looks at Jacky...

"A toss between a stroll and cards?" he looks at Ransom and Tess then chuckles. "And they say I have women problems..."

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lady Tess the night yields to those who are patient. Patience is a virtue we should all work on this night."

"Yer deck will not work fer the game I have in mind. Ray has a Persian deck wit' 25 cards in 5 suits fer a game called As Nas. It's a bit like Poker, do ye still care t' play?"

"Dear Ransom I wouldn't want ye so near t' the water on a full stomach, in case that walk lead t' a moon lite swim. Look, the moon is nigh the horizon and is not on the wane. We have time for at least one hand of cards. What say ye t' that?"

Striker thanks Sterling for the drink "Thank ye .... It is too much . I was just seeing to yer well being , as ye would to mine " .

Striker walks over to the gambling table and takes out his pouch , shakes it so the sound of coins can be heard .

"Count me in ... Think the purse is to fat and needs to loose some weight " says Striker with a smurk.

"Ah, some port I see ... Thank ye Jacky !" Striker sits down by the table and puts the glass he had in his hand next to his other on the table "Guess I am ready for a long night " Striker looks at Tess .

"Lets play ! ... Sterling come join us."

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

I lean over to inspect Jacky's cards. Wtih a slight push of my elbow, I slide a full bowl of Creme Brulee off the table into Tess's lap.

"Oh my, how stupid of me. And burnt creme is so ruinious to silk and satin." I smile sweetly at Miss Saint Claire. "May hap Ray has some club soda to wash that off with?"

I turn back to Jacky and Striker. "So, who deals first?"

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I lean over to inspect Jacky's cards. Wtih a slight push of my elbow, I slide a full bowl of Creme Brulee off the table into Tess's lap.

...I turn back to Jacky and Striker. "So, who deals first?"

"Looks like ye dealt first, lets hope when Tess takes her turn she doesn't double down!" Jacky slides his chair back from the table. The bar maids furiously start to clear the table, before any more accidents occur.

"... Patience is a virtue we should all work on this night."

"Sorry. It's not my best virtue." :ph34r:

"Guess I'll take that stroll on the pier now. If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, Lady." Standing, I give the group a polite bow, and retreat toward the door.

It's a fine soft night, and I need the fresh air to clear the champagne from my head.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Guess I'll take that stroll on the pier now. If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, Lady." Standing, I give the group a polite bow, and retreat toward the door.

It's a fine soft night, and I need the fresh air to clear the champagne from my head.

"Silkie play my cards and I'll spot ye 50 reales." Jacky rises from the table and turns to Miss St. Claire, "My apologies, I'll have a dress and a seamstress sent t' yer room at the Inn, on the morrow." Jacky bows and hastily races toward the door to block Ransom's exit. "Not takin' that walk wit' out me, are ye? I think not." Jacky wraps his coat over Ransom's shoulders, and the pair leave the pub together.

Jacky bows and hastily races toward the door to block Ransom's exit. "Not takin' that walk wit' out me, are ye? I think not." Jacky wraps his coat over Ransom's shoulders, and the pair leave the pub together.

I pause, staring Jacky in the eyes. My first impulse is to hand the coat back and let him return to the card game. After all, gambling with Tess could be...interesting...depending on what you were gambling for. Then I remembered all the trouble he'd gone to over the fine dinner, the champagne, even music—and not just a fiddle and tin whistle.

I adjust the heavy coat around my shoulders. It smells vaguely of tobacco smoke, boat tar, rum, and the open ocean. A small smile lifts the corners of my mouth. "Alright, we'll walk."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

:D Lilly looks over at the four of them..."A word of warning to you who deals a hand with Tess. She's good...very good! Best make sure you are willing to pay up by the end of the night...or meet a terrible fate!" Lilly then turns towards her Captain and asks for another cider.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I adjust the heavy coat around my shoulders. It smells vaguely of tobacco smoke, boat tar, rum, and the open ocean. A small smile lifts the corners of my mouth. "Alright, we'll walk."

"The tobacco smell is from Striker's pipe, and the rum, his drink of choice; which he shares by spillin' it on those close t' him. I noticed ye sniffin' the jacket, if it offends I'm sorry. I just didn't want ye t' catch a chill."

They walk along, "Ye know yer temper is part of yer charm, but I doubt that Miss St. Claire would see it that way. She won't give Captain Striker the time o'day, and a card game might have improved his standin'."

:D "So, it's match-maker you're playing at. Now, who would have thought? I think Striker can hold his own, so long as he doesn't pass out ahead of time. Besides, Silkie will keep an eye on him."

Shifts the coat again. "I don't mind the aroma. It's kinda nice. And yes, I do have a bit of a temper, but it never lasts for long. And, as you're not a woman, you probably didn't notice that little challenge in Tess's voice. She knows exactly why the dessert ended up in her lap. I'm sure I'll get my payback soon enough."

Takes a deep breath, enjoying the fresh smell of the water after the stuffy, booze-fumed air of the Pub. "So, where shall we walk?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Takes a deep breath, enjoying the fresh smell of the water after the stuffy, booze-fumed air of the Pub. "So, where shall we walk?"

"I should walk ye t' yer ship. I wouldn't want yer back unguarded, if Tess were t' send an avenger. Life is cheap t' some, and yers is precious t' me. I hope I haven't thrown ye and Striker into harms way. I thought Miss St. Claire was just puttin' on airs."

"Oh, Miss Saint Claire is quite charming, I'm sure. But she does have a bit of a darker side you may not be familier with. But I am grateful for your concern about my wellfare."

As we walk, the brisk clean air clears my head. The moon hangs in the night sky like a new-minted silver coin, laying bright ribbons of light over the water.

I take Jacky's arm. "It's a long way to where my ship is birthed. What shall we talk about?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Jacky is surprised Ransom took his arm, for the moment he feels like a gentleman, again. "I've heard tell ye captain yer own ship, thar be a startin' point."

"Oh, that's an old tale, oft told at the Pub. Surely we can find something more interesting to talk about. Yourself, perhaps? I know nothing about you, other than you have a flare for fine dining, flattery, and have a wicked sense of humor (The set direction for Raggin' Robbi comes to mind). What else should I know that you'd care to tell me?"

I snuggle into Jacky's coat, take another breath of clean sea air, and let him lead me where he will.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"Be careful, Dearie....you may not wake up with him by your side...but you may find a dagger in your back!" B)

An aside to Miss St. Claire, "If any harm comes t' Ransom, I'll hold ye accountable and will use any means to make sure ye live out yer remainin' days alone, old and in poverty."

I know that you'd care to tell me?"

I snuggle into Jacky's coat, take another breath of clean sea air, and let him lead me where he will.

"I sail on a brig, 'Relentless', which is rigged like a snow. I do not sail under a black flag, but am often accused of smart practice. I do enjoy good food and drink, as ye know."