New Crewe member upon this Ship!

Tess St. Claire

Tess St. Claire looks over at the three of them. She shakes her head at them. "Come now Reggie, you must know that you are not the sort to be giving information! You barely escaped from your torture and now you treat Ransom with ill-manners such as these? You are no blood cousin of mine!"

She throws back her last drop of port and slowly removes herself from the table. "I need to get back to the Inn. I must finish some business. Please be a good sport and pick up the tab? That's quite nice of you Reggie..."

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takes another sip of champagne. "Jacky, I'm not really very hungry, but a little appitizer might be nice. What are you in the mood for?"

Have ye tried the lobster here? No claws like it's New England cousin. What say ye, we can share some lobster ceviche wit' a grilled papaya salad? Not t' worry they cook the lobster first, and ye won't eat better.

"Come, come now Jacky. Mr. Killingsworth can't help being what he is—whatever that may be. He's just been beaten, branded and left tied to a tree, so he's probably a little touchy. I'm sure he was just trying to prevent us dying of food poisoning."

"And the lobster sounds fine. How about some coconut shrimp with pineapple dipping sauce as well? We can use Killingsworth as a "taster" just to be safe." :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

"And the lobster sounds fine. How about some coconut shrimp with pineapple dipping sauce as well? We can use Killingsworth as a "taster" just to be safe."  :D

"Aye, food poisoning... I'll let Killingsworth be the taster, as long as it be his last meal!"

"Let me talk t' the galley chef here, about the coconut shrimp. I've had the shrimp wit' an inspired rum dippin' sauce, but I'll ask about the pineapple dippin' sauce."

"Let me talk t' the galley chef here, about the coconut shrimp. I've had the shrimp wit' an inspired rum dippin' sauce, but I'll ask about the pineapple dippin' sauce."

A sign is posted on the galley door of the pub and it reads, 'Don't bother the chef! No substitutions! Enter on pain o' death! Stay out! This means you Jacky!' Signed 'E'. Jacky pushes the door of the kitchen open. The Portuguese chef see's him and grabs a clever, and addresses Jacky, "Come to gloat over the fact your cajun jambalaya was better? I told you my paprika was bad!"

Jacky replys, "No! I have a dinin' companion, who is fussin' about shrimp dippin' sauces. Can ye do a pineapple one? I'll bring ye some fresh paprika, and some of those cayenne peppers ye luv!"

The chef puts down the clever, "Throw in some of your Creole seasoning into the bribe, and I'll make a dipping sauce she'll want to make love too!"

Jacky smiles, "Then we have an accord."

Jacky returns to the table.

I watch Jacky reseat himself after the trip to the galley. "Jacky, luv, why do you have that shite-eating grin on your face?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Cocks an eye. "Okay, play the coy one. But I know you're up to something."

Takes a sip of Champagne. "I heard an awful lot of shouting from the galley. Does the Pub cook make pineapple dip? You know, that's good for lots of things other than seafood."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

A bar maid pulls up a chair near their table. A Chinese musician with a Servais cello sits in the chair and begins to play 'Gabriel's Oboe'. The appetizer chef from the galley, asks Jacky if he may serve the shrimp appetizer. Without too much fanfare, a tray with not one, but four pineapple dipping sauces, is brought to the table. The coconut shrimp are on skewers, over a dozen of them, carefully arranged on a cut pineapple half. The sauces are each presented in coconut shells on a bed of banana leafs with small tropical flowers. Another bar maid brings a silver candelabra to the table, a fresh bottle of champagne is quickly brought to the table and a smile returns to Jacky's face.

I take in the breathtakingly romantic scene and listen to the lovely music as the tantalising aroma of coconut shrimp fills the Pub. I look at Jacky in amazment.

"Pinch me , luv, 'cause I think I've died and gone to heaven."

***OOC***

Thanks Jacky, and you too Striker. Also Killingsworth and Silky. I've needed distraction and a good laugh lately. A person I knew briefly, but thought one of the nicest guys I'd ever met, commited suicide last week. He was only 38. I was stunned. He'd been in my kitchen, drinking rootbeer and joking, just a week before he died. Yesterday my husband and I went to his memorial service. I've been in a real funk and this thread has helped take my mind off the sadness. Thanks.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I take in the breathtakingly romantic scene and listen to the lovely music as the tantalising aroma of coconut shrimp fills the Pub. I look at Jacky in amazment.

"Pinch me , luv, 'cause I think I've died and gone to heaven."

Jacky leans forward, "Heaven is just a state of mind luv." Then Jacky leans back into his chair to enjoy the moment.

Jacky has been keeping a weathered eye on Captain Striker, who has emptied his mug of rum, and is now weaving and bobbing about the pub. Jacky hastily rises from the table...

"Pardon me Ransom." Jacky walks up to Captain Striker, "Ye have got t' find yer self a girl mate. This drinkin' rum alone, is not good fer ye. Here take my spot at the bar, let me order ye a smorrebrod and some coffee."

With Captain Striker eating some food, Jacky returns to Ransom.

***OOC***

Thanks Jacky, and you too Striker. Also Killingsworth and Silky. I've needed distraction and a good laugh lately. A person I knew briefly, but thought one of the nicest guys I'd ever met, commited suicide last week. He was only 38. I was stunned. He'd been in my kitchen, drinking rootbeer and joking, just a week before he died. Yesterday my husband and I went to his memorial service. I've been in a real funk and this thread has helped take my mind off the sadness. Thanks.

My condolences Ransom... so sorry to hear about your friend...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Jacky has been keeping a weathered eye on Captain Striker, who has emptied his mug of rum, and is now weaving and bobbing about the pub. Jacky hastily rises from the table...

"Pardon me Ransom." Jacky walks up to Captain Striker, "Ye have got t' find yer self a girl mate. This drinkin' rum alone, is not good fer ye. Here take my spot at the bar, let me order ye a smorrebrod and some coffee."

With Captain Striker eating some food, Jacky returns to Ransom.

"aye, Smorrebrod as my mother did not use to make them" Striker looks at St.Claire , and mumbles to himself "better get sober again ... the terrier is on the hunt " . Striker starts drinking the coffee

##OOC##

I am sad to hear about your friend , Ransom .

I am glad that my clowning around made your days a bit brighter .

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

"aye, Smorrebrod as my mother did not use to make them" Striker looks at St.Claire , and mumbles to himself "better get sober again ... the terrier is on the hunt " . Striker starts drinking the coffee

An aside to Captain Striker, "So how did yer mum make 'em? Or was she like mine and couldn't cook?"

***OOC***

We are the strangest looking support group, but the feelings are real enough. Again, my condolences to the young man's family, you and your husband, Ransom.

***OOC***

We are the strangest looking support group, but the feelings are real enough. Again, my condolences to the young man's family, you and your husband, Ransom.

Thanks to you all. It might be a strange group, but it's a great one.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

With a champange glass in one hand, and a shrimp tail dripping pineapple sause in the other, I look toward the bar at Jacky and Striker.

"Smorrebrod? What the heck is smorrebrod, and does it go well with shrimp?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Striker turns around and sees Ransom coming over with a champagne class in one hand and a prawn in the other .Striker explains to her " A Danish specialty . It the same as smorges board or Smorgaas ... except the Swedes stole it from us" Striker's forehead starts to wrinkle in anger " It is rye bread with different topings ... everything from ham to herring " He says and smiles to her "here have a taste ".

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

With my arm over my brother's shoulder and a tankard in hand, we stumble into the pub singing loudly,

"A linten addie toorin addie, linten addie toorin ae

Linten lowrin lowrin lowrin, the barnyards of Delgaty

Now, I can drink and no be drunken, I can fight and no be slain

I can court with another man's lass and still be welcome to me ain

A linten addie toorin addie, linten addie toorin ae

Linten lowrin lowrin lowrin, the barnyards of Delgaty

Ah, now my candle is burnt out, my snotter's fairly on the wane

Fare ye well ye barnyards, you'll never see me here again"

"Slainte agus tainte!, 'ealth n' waelth t' y' all."

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

I pause with a bit of herring snorrebrod inches from my mouth, and look at Striker. "What did they say?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg