New Crewe member upon this Ship!

Tess St. Claire

I pause with a bit of herring snorrebrod inches from my mouth, and look at Striker. "What did they say?"

Jacky turns to Ransom, "Somethin' about health and wealth t' ye all!" He sees she is about to bite the Smorrebrod, "Did I mention lips that touch pickled herrin' shall never touch mine?"

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pause with a bit of herring snorrebrod inches from my mouth, and look at Striker. "What did they say?"

Jacky turns to Ransom, "Somethin' about health and wealth t' ye all!" He sees she is about to bite the Smorrebrod, "Did I mention lips that touch pickled herrin' shall never touch mine?"

I give Jacky a grin, and put down the herring snack. "Is ham okay, or should I stick to shrimp?"

Look over Jacky's shoulder at Striker. "Maybe you should offer Silkie some smorrebrod, she looks hungry."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Look over Jacky's shoulder at Striker. "Maybe you should offer Silkie some smorrebrod, she looks hungry."

"Striker if'n ye do offer her somethin' t' eat, offer it t' her wit' a fork. Ye don't want t' be losin' any fingers!'

Jacky turns to Ransom again, "I thought I had satisfied yer hunger... wit' the seafood?"

Jacky turns to Ransom again, "I thought I had satisfied yer hunger... wit' the seafood?"

Wicked grin. "What's for dessert?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Wicked grin. "What's for dessert?"

"Some more herring ? " Says Striker ,still under the influence of the alcohol , holding a herring by it fin and looking at Ransom and then Silkie

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

Not withstanding the fact that poor Striker is still a bit in his cups, I give a little snort. With a lip curled with distaste, I look at the offering. "Herring for dessert? I think not. What about you, Silkie?

I then turn to Jacky. "I hope you can come up with something for dessert better than dead pickled fish."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I then turn to Jacky.  "I hope you can come up with something for dessert better than dead pickled fish."

"Aye, I think we can do better than little fishies." Jacky returns to the galley with a large tin of fresh ground paprika, a rista of peppers and large sack of creole spices. The chef is all too glad to take the bounty off Jacky's hands. "E! my good man, the shrimp was well received..." Before Jacky can utter another word, the dessert chef rolls up a cart with tempting treats. Jacky nods his approval, and turns back to the dining area.

Ransom and Jacky return to their table, where the table has been cleared, fresh flowers added and another bottle of champagne awaits them. Jacky pulls a chair out for Ransom, and takes one across from her. The dessert tray has Creme Brulee (Burnt Cream t' the English) served with fresh raspberries, and Peaches soaked in brandy, topped wit' creme fresh, and assorted small cakes.

"Any thin' strike yer fancy, Ransom?" Pauses, "Should we invite Striker and Silkie t' sup? Or perhaps even Tess?"

Captain Sterling pops back in to see what's up.... all the talk of food on top of a migraine forces him back outside to throw up.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

"Any thin' strike yer fancy, Ransom?" Pauses, "Should we invite Striker and Silkie t' sup? Or perhaps even Tess?"

"Oh, there's plenty for everyone, surely? Well, except for Tess. I don't know if I'd trust her around food or not. And, whatever you do, if she offers you tea, DON'T DRINK IT!

Looks toward the door as Captain Sterling sticks his head in, turns a bit green, and backs out. I tap Jacky on the arm. "Uh, Capt. Sterling doesn't look too good. Maybe we better check up on him. He's had it pretty rough lately, what with being shot and all."

Eyes the creme brulee, which happens to be a favorite, with longing. "Or,....maybe we could send Striker. He looks like he could use some fresh air."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"Oh, there's plenty for everyone, surely? Well, except for Tess. I don't know if I'd trust her around food or not. And, whatever you do, if she offers you tea, DON'T DRINK IT!

Looks toward the door as Captain Sterling sticks his head in, turns a bit green, and backs out. I tap Jacky on the arm. "Uh, Capt. Sterling doesn't look too good. Maybe we better check up on him. He's had it pretty rough lately, what with being shot and all."

Eyes the creme brulee, which happens to be a favorite, with longing. "Or,....maybe we could send Striker. He looks like he could use some fresh air."

"I'll bribe Striker wit' an aeblekage (Danish Apple Cake) t' watch Sterling, while ye enjoy that creme brulee." Jacky also prepares a tonic with willow bark and herbs, to help the ailing Captain Sterling.

"I drinks coffee, so I think it be safe t' offer Miss St. Claire a tea cake." (This is Tess's thread after all!)

Come Ransom...Captain Striker and the lot of you...

Would you evening chance eating with me about? You know that some shell fish can be very deadly indeed.

Striker looks at Tess then at the herring in his hands ..... Then back and forth between them. And drops the fishy .... Looks at Jacky aeblekage you say ? HMMMM Sterling wait up .... besides you owe me one ... well as soon I get the news to you :lol:

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

Cap'n Striker! I may be named after a seal buot I nil eat like one! N't offer one det may b'tainted!

Ransom ...tank ya fer d'offer t share d'Creme Brulee det Jacky brought ya! Peaches n'cream!

Silkie fights the urge to sit between Jacky and Ransom feeling tha the joke may go sink like an anchor.

Cap'n Striker!  I may be named after a seal buot I nil eat like one!  N't offer one det may b'tainted!

Ransom ...tank ya fer d'offer t share d'Creme Brulee det Jacky brought ya!  Peaches n'cream!

Silkie fights the urge to sit between Jacky and Ransom feeling tha the joke may go sink like an anchor.

"Silkie, sit anywhere ye like. Or was ye intendin' to sit in the middle o' the table? Do that and ye would be offered little fishies. But pull up a chair and sup wit' us, and ye may partake of creme brulee or peaches and creme fresh."

"Bite? I never bite—unless provoked of course." B)

"My, this is becoming quite the party." I signal to Ray. "Better bring more champagne and a few bottles of rum, and..." Turns to the others. "What else do we need?"

Turns to Jacky. "BTW, the Creme Brulee is wonderful. I'm going to have to run up and down the pier a few time to work all this food off."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"Where is that Tess? Miss St. Claire, please come sit wit' us nasty pirates, ye can be Striker's lap dog. Stop all yer plottin' and have some sweets. I promise Silkie won't bite ye; but, I can't make the same promise about Ransom." He chuckles softly.

Tess walks up to Jacky. "First of all...I shall be no one's lap dog...that role is fit for only men...and that particular man must prove himself worthy...in more ways than one!" She quickly looked at the crowd that had gathered. Silkie sitting next to Striker and Jacky and Ransom partaking a bit of champagne. "I see you lot have made yourself quite at home. Who can I interest in a game of cards?"

Tess walks up to Jacky.  "First of all...I shall be no one's lap dog...that role is fit for only men...and that particular man must prove himself worthy...in more ways than one!"  She quickly looked at the crowd that had gathered.  Silkie sitting next to Striker and Jacky and Ransom partaking a bit of champagne.  "I see you lot have made yourself quite at home.  Who can I interest in a game of cards?"

"My dear Miss St. Claire, that man as ye call him is more than worthy, he is gentleman and comes from a good family; jus' needs a little temperance, which a good woman, such as yer self, could administer."

"When ye sez game o' cards, does ye mean gamblin' or parlor games? Cause if'n ye mean gamblin', I'm sure we could lighten yer purse for ye."

Jacky turns to the bar maid, "Some port for Captain Striker, thank ye!"

"Bite? I never bite—unless provoked of course."  :lol:

... I'm going to have to run up and down the pier a few time to work all this food off."

"I'll be happy t' chase ye up and down the pier later, and see if'n I can provoke ye!"

"Hummm...a brisk stroll in the moonlight. A little slap and tickle? Oh, and, is it a full moon? That always brings out the bite in me. Especially after I've pigged out on Creme Brulee."

I cock a perfect red brow at Jacky. "Unless, of course, you'd rather stay and play...cards...with Miss Saint Claire?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well Jacky Tarr? Says Lady Tess St. Claire looking at him with her large dark blue eyes. What chatches your fancy this evening? A stoll or a game of cards? Come, come, come...quickly...the night yields to no one!" She said as she pulled a deck from her hand bag. "Like them? They are Turkish in design..."