Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be hoisting a couple in honor of ya both! :o

Ditto as Cheeky... I'm SO looking forward to seeing a couple of you again and meeting a lot of you for the first time!

And I am STILL bringing drinks with me. :o Well, at least the Cask and Cream and the Hot Sex. Perhaps I will bring a good rum from the Caribbean with me. :lol:

Looking forward to the Ball... as well as Saturday and Sunday. Won't be there on Friday cause I have classes til the afternoon. But will be seein' a lot of ya bright an' early Saturday!

And Rats... This time... :P I'll know who you are!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

bringin bottles of fever killer.. and some scurvy medicines too.

Looking forward to meeting all of ya.. friends of our Pete's. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I'm curious who all will be attending the Ball on Saturday Evening? I am SO looking forward to that Ball! I'll be wearing my finest (that I have at current).

~Lady B

I'm tired, sore and did I mention tired!!?

But I'm packed up and headed there!

Can't wait to see everyone and wish those of you who can't be there.... Well... could be!

Take care and we'll talk to you all soon!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

:::Stumbles in exhausted but with a satisfied smile upon the face:::

Oh, what a fantastic blast! :ph34r:

Hope to be having pictures available soon.

::looks over new pistol::: Thank ye Kass & Fox... LOVE m' new pistol! Can't wait to use it! :P

Hehehe... Folks... ya miss an event... YOU MISS A LOT!!!

More stories to come! :)

:ph34r:

~Lady B

It was the kind of weekend of which legends are made! :P

However I am quite proud of all the no-gooders who allowed me to enjoy one of the most stress related and most enjoyable events I can remember having in years. :P

BTW: (Major Disclaimer here....!) The stories you will eventually hear are true! The names will most likely not be changed, because we were all guilty in one way or another, for one thing or another!

But what a helluva time it was!

:P:ph34r::P:ph34r::P:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B)B)B)B)B)

I don't know where to start! :ph34r:

Rats

sig2.jpg

Start anywhere man! The suspense is wicked!! :P

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aye, Rats... t'was a hell of a time! Bloody fun! :)

Oh.. where do we start? Or dare we let Cheeky start this one.

T'was grand to have met a lot of folks from the Pub!

Unfortunate we ne'er made it to the Hot Tub! :P

But the Ball!.... Oh, Lordy! What a Ball!!! General Grant... fantastic! Custer... awesome. Cesaer was just a hoot! Pete! Oh, need I say more about Pete?!?

But the crew of the Archangel... my compliments to ye all! :ph34r:

An' thank ye, Aurora for th' chai. I owe ye, lass! An' t' Billy... who be a sweet gent despite his piratical reputation.

Oh, I can go on and on with praises and more! But I was thrilled to have met the lot of ya! Look forward to meeting you all again in due time. :)

Have a few drinks... again.. :ph34r:

~Lady B

B)

I'd like to send a big "thank you!" to all the crew of "Archangel" and the other pirate cohorts. Sitting next to you all at the dance / ball on Saturday night was an experience I won't forget for many a year! Meeting Pete & Co. and dancing with some of the ladies was just a first class evening. And I've now been introduced to "Grogtini" as well! It would seem we have found a group of kindred souls from across the centuries that have the same outlook in reenacting as we do. I just can't type enough about what a great job you all did this weekend, first class! Thanks for the opportunity to have been press ganged into the crew for an evening at the Ball! Respects, Mike "Piwo or Blaze" Blazejack; Sgt. Pilot RAF 303 Squadron, RAF 11 Group and RF2 Staff member.

And what time it was! :ph34r:

And here's to you my friend! Any time you want to fall in with a bunch of no-gooders, we're always looking to expand the crew and you'll always be welcome! After all, good (or should I say "no-good") people is what reenacting is all about!! :lol:

Also don't forget about Port Washington Pirate Fest in June my friend!!!

Now where to start????? :rolleyes:

I'll have to write this and post later after a good (or should I say tactical) editing!!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

What to say about RF2???

Twas the worst of times..........?

Like Hell!

Twas the best of times!!

The Marches and myself arrived at about 2pm, with a set up time lasting until 3pm. Yes it was close! However we quickly set up and made ready for the night. (We'll be sure to hit on the display later). But we also had some light spectators walking around and made nice with the locals.

Friday night was a very insane historical jeopardy, of which our own Pete Straw managed to either terrify, tick off or win over the entire crowd! Our table was a combination of Crew, Romans and anyone else that wanted to hang-out with our kind of riff-raff. I believe our best catagory was the Christopher Walken catagory??

We need more Cow Bells!!!

Saturday was painfully early. (9pm start!) But we completed our incredible display with slideshow by yours truly. We proceeded to shop; rabble-rouse, recruit and I even did some light panhandling for disabled pirates…. Don’t laugh, I made a buck 23 and one plastic gold piece from the most naughty Merry Death!

I will also admit I personally missed Foxe's 1st presentation on nautical reenacting. They scheduled him right when we got rolling. (next year hopefully later in the afternoon) But was able to redeem myself Sunday. (This will also be fully covered later) It would be foolish not to mention the advice and information aquired!

Saturday night was the Ball!

This was an all timelines affair…………….

To be continued…..

Parental Discretion (is definately) Advised!

sig2.jpg

I would also like to add this for folks that wanted to come out to RF2 or any event for that matter, but belayed they're plans (See what you started Fox!) because they thought they're kit wasn't good enough.

Everyone starts out with nothing!

Never! And I mean N-E-V-E-R be afraid to come out and meet good people. We always have extra loaner gear and if nothing else we will always be happy just to meet folks regardless! But you can learn so much just from a few minutes of talking and networking with people! Hell, after fifteen years, I got to learn some blade fighting from the fella who sold me my first dagger! (Here's to you Mad Dog!)

But even though it might not be a timeline you're presently interested in, what about next year?? I personally found a local U.S WWII unit (9th Infantry "The Old Reliables") Of which I served with back in 89-91!!

Even if you sit around in your civies, the folks are the best to just talk with and from hats and slops, to muskets and doglock pistols, the vendors had everything you could have possibly wanted.

I even bought a mummified finger with Jesuit ring (Powder measure)! Yeah I'm sick!

But what I'm trying to say is NEVER stay home because you're afraid you might not be "good' enough or have the "correct" gear. There is nothing worse than regret and we all have to start somewhere!

Just my honest opinion....

Here's to you all

Rats

sig2.jpg

I would also like to say that it was a great event, and wonderful to get to meet some of ya'll. However, my camera and I were still getting used to each other, so my pictures didn't turn out very well. If anyone has some good ones they could sent to me, I would be very appreciative!

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

Rats? You sick? :ph34r: Dude, you are just twisted beyond imagination! But, we likes ya that way. :) Just like Pete.

Aye, I agree with ya, Rats. Ne'er be fearful about how your outfit looks. If' it's the slightest bit off or far from correct (such as the thread content is not right, it's polyester but the design is period or your shoes are made ups you'd done and not bought from Fugawee or the pattern you used wasn't historically correct but is pretty darn close enough)... hell, come!

My outfits were not totally historically accurate but they were pretty darn close. I got NO complaints. After all... we only have some much $$$ and can't spend it all on our hobby (granted we'd LOVE to). So, we just make do with what we have and can (after all it's really historically accurate).

But, take Rats advice.... GO TO RF!!!

Oh, what a blast it was to have fun with the lot of ya! Talking to many of you... laughing with a lot of you (especially at the Ball).

I'll have pictures by this evening for sure. Looking forward to exchanging pictures and posting them.

Again, the greatest moments of the Ball... besides Pete. Yes, the Grogtini is pretty good!... was Cesaer lip synicing to "Jump" by Van Halen! And of course Grant and Custer doing the Congo Line... OH! And everyone doing the "Time Warp" in costume! To grand! Someone HAS to have a picture of that!

Oh! Rats... your Date for the Ball... what a barrel! :lol:

The 2 Dealer rooms! WOW!!!

I can see this Fest just becoming something incredibly huge! What a grand time!

You never know who you will meet! :)

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Jessie, glad to see your & Sarah got back safe! It was great fun meets & hanging out with you gals.

RF2 was incredible of fun. Though I didn't manage to really meet the crowd from the pub, I did meet tons of other fun people. I learned loads, including to never leaving reenactors alone at the bar & an entirely new language :D . The lectures were fabulous. The vendors were some seriously friendly people & I walked away with all kinds of goodies. Of course now I've got even more ideas & projects floating around in my head, will just have to do something about that!

Thanks to everyone who made it a great event! Here's to III.

oh & I'll second Jessie's request. I never even managed to take my camera out! I'd love to see any photo's that anyone did manage to catch.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Truly, I will never forget RF2 ~ I smiled til it hurt, laughed til I was hoarse, and danced til my corset boning was forced through the fabric (what the H#LL is poking me? Oh ~). :D

Such wonderful people from every walk of life and time period - indeed, I need 4 lifetimes and as many fortunes to explore it all, but RF2 was like a delicious feast, a buffet for the senses.

My only regret ~ it is but once a year.

My fondest regards to the AMAZING Captain Sterling and crewe of the Archangel, Mike & Mike (Bollow & Blaze/jack) - my sweet (if coerced) dance partners, lovely MerryDeath, the AMAZING Ceasar and his good Romans (why DIDN'T they stay and dance? I am sure Mike Bollow had on the same amount under his kilt and that didn't stop HIM from dancing with me! :D ) and many others who probably told me their names, but, as aforementioned, I remember better by face - see, I have a sieve for a brain.

Please, please - PHOTOS! I didn't have a camera, and I know others were quite busy with them! Please post links!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I would like to respectfully disagree with Chole and say to any potential event hosts reading this that leaving reenactors alone in the bar is a perfectly safe and sensible thing to do... :)

Great to meet some of you guys, hope it's not the last time.

Jeez, I'm still exhausted... can't think why...

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

That Chole, she's a sneaky one she is!

Wasn't til I pried it out of her, that I found out who she was!

Once again dear lady, I have to say you looked absolutely perfect! That outfit fit your persona "Perfectly"to a T! Wonderful work!

Then we have Mr. Foxe and his presentation!

6 knots and no bloody AArgh!

Needless to say, I personally have some changes I want to make. But the information and advice given was straight forward and exactly what is needed to even start to with a correct persona.

By God, well played sir!

Here's to you both!

Rats

sig2.jpg

Hello to you all...

I've been home for about 2 hours now, but it's been non-stop for me trying to get things unpacked and back to normal - (Whatever the heck that is!) My mind is fried, my body needs sleep (up every night until 3 am since Thursday), and a good hot meal...but...here I sit in my flannel pjs and bunny slippers trying to beat this dreadful cold weather (-24 degrees windchill here in my neck of WI) and down load pictures...that's right people...I've got 'em and I am sure that there are a few out there that could be used for some serious blackmail!

Please note, I FORGOT my digital camera and had to use a cheap 35m camera instead. Some turned out wonderfully...others...well, not so good and to top it all off, I need to scan, edit and transfer them all...so please be patient with me.

To all of you here on the pub that showed up to RF2; a great thanks to you all! I hope that this event provided everything that you were looking for in the way of information, entertainment and networking.

Though, I was "tag-teaming" between three (3) responsibilities at this event, I wish I had more time to connect with more of you. I missed my opportunity more than once to stop and give a proper hello to most of you...(now I am kicking myself!) Next time...I shall limit responsibilities more. :D

MerryDeath, Lady B, Mary Diamond, Foxe, Allurina, Chole, Jessie, Kass, Bob...and ALL the rest...THANK YOU! Without you and those like you...Reenactor Fest would have never been the success it was this year!

All The Best!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I am so terribly sorry that I missed this event. It sounds so wonderful. Alas, I suspect I was not missed, as it sounds as if you all had a terrific time.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg