Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was an 18 year old blond, oh, ten years ago B)

Remind me never to bid against Kass. She's the Empress for a reason after all.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Chole, you could try throwing some cheese into the bargain B)

But even if Kass wins, don't worry, you can still rent me apparently B)

(And Foxe has just realised that Kass's 18 year old blonde won't be at RF2, let the bidding continue!)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Oh, think you're pretty smart, doncha there Foxe? You know I'm grooming 18-year-old-blonde to take over my Empire when I'm gone. So it doesn't really matter if she finishes high school, does it? B)

And by all means, let the bidding continue! There will be no exclusivity arrangements here. Foxe is a free agent, available to all comers... I mean takers... I mean... B)

Oh boy... B)

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

What a question, Cheeks! Do you want him not to come to RF2 at all? First you offer him partially attached women and then you offer him women with baggage?!?!? B)

Good Lord, woman, what kind of selling point is that?! B)

We may have to renegotiate his entire contract now... :)

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Chole, you could try throwing some cheese into the bargain B)

Ah, Mr. Foxe, I hail from the great state of Wisconsin. If it's cheese ye want, tis cheese ye shall have!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I think between Kass jesting at my intelligence, and Cheeky offering me baggage, that the bidding rests with Chole - corrupt and with cheese... mmmm

And guys, by which I mean ladies, there's really no need for the "Mr", plain old "Foxe" will do.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I actually shaved my moustache down, and forgot when we went for a post-party breakfast at the cafe over the road.... My friends thought the kindest thing to do was not tell me... (The really frightening thing is that if I shave my moustache down and brush my hair from the side I really do look like the Fuhrer!)

The previous two times I grew a mustache, when I removed it, I left that signature bit in the middle to see the Hitler Effect. All the while, I was rather nervous that a sudden fire would force me out into the street with a Hitler mustache.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

How long ago and where in Scotland did you stay, Cap'n Pete? It's been over 20 years since I've been. Always looking forward to going back one day..first to Glasgow then to Coatbridge and Dundee to see my kith and kin!

My wife and I took my oldest daughter in 2000; we stayed a week. My sister was living there at the time (her husband got a 2-year gig working in Scotland), so we stayed with her. I would have to review rail maps to remember exactly where we were -- I recall it was less than an hour to ride via rail into Edinburgh.

I was able to stand on ground walked by my direct ancestors, documented in my carefully researched family history. Good Times.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

With camera in hand, if we can get the likes of Generals Grant and or Lee to turn pirate...... Or even just give a good "GaarrRRR!" for the camera!!!

--------

Hmmmm since Mr. March knows both "Grant and Lee", and Lee has already seen the pictures from Lockhouse... I think a Garrr might actually be all to easy....

ACTUALLY, Mister March and I had them all -- Grant, Lee, Custer, and others -- talking like pirates after the sun went down... and after the Apple Jell-O Shots went down.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Ah, Mr. Foxe, I hail from the great state of Wisconsin. If it's cheese ye want, tis cheese ye shall have!

Hey Chole,

We both live in the Cheese State..here's an idea. I'll bring the mini-van instead of the BMW and you and I can stop at the local Cheese shack and stock up...Beloit is just at the edge of IL. We could drive down together B)

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

DISCOUNT ROOMS ALMOST GONE

For those of you, who are wishing to attend Reenactors Fest II, please make sure that you book your rooms as soon as possible!

I have been informed as of today (November 22, 2006) that the block of discount rooms are almost gone. Please make sure that you reserve your lodgings for this event.

You need not worry about your credit card being charged early – for the hotel does not charge your credit card until you check out.

So don’t delay or you’ll have to pay!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Okay...question...what if the individual has 'baggage?"  And does it matter if it's metal or physical?

I've got two ladies here asking over my shoulder.... B)

Baggage Cheeks? Surely Mr. Foxe doesn't want to deal with your issues?? As for the blonds in my crewe, both are under my protection, although if the Govenor's daughter wishes to put herself into the bidding, I can only but warn her... B)

2006_Salem_010.jpg

Here she is in pink Regency... and talk about baggage, you need a ship for all her trunks, glove boxes, hat boxes, jewels, ect, but she does like to do her research (I believe she is studying fashion history) but Foxe, if you could win her favour, that 300,000 pounds might be doable for her.... B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

That's not what you said when you were testing that special Cat o' Nine Tails on me!

Have you got any idea how hard it is to say, "Mister" around a ball gag?

Sounds like, "Miffah Foawa, yeff Miffah Foawa."

I'll never forget that as long as I live.

Hmmmm Mr. Foxe, trying to sell me used goods are ye?? Good thing I've held onto my coin B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

With camera in hand, if we can get the likes of Generals Grant and or Lee to turn pirate...... Or even just give a good "GaarrRRR!" for the camera!!!

--------

Hmmmm since Mr. March knows both "Grant and Lee", and Lee has already seen the pictures from Lockhouse... I think a Garrr might actually be all to easy....

ACTUALLY, Mister March and I had them all -- Grant, Lee, Custer, and others -- talking like pirates after the sun went down... and after the Apple Jell-O Shots went down.

I think we shall see a lot of them at RF2. Actually we are hoping Andy can convince Uncle Larry, Grant, to play Mr. Symms... he would be just perfect for the part... B)

Crewe of the Archangel

Here she is in pink Regency... and talk about baggage, you need a ship for all her trunks, glove boxes, hat boxes, jewels, ect, but she does like to do her research (I believe she is studying fashion history) but Foxe, if you could win her favour, that 300,000 pounds might be doable for her.... B)

She won't need gloves, jewels, or hats for what I've got in mind B) (though sadly I suspect you were being metaphorical when you listed her baggage)

...but she's got a couple of assets. And the 300 grand will come in handy. Any chance I could get paid in advance?

If she's into Regency perhaps I ought to wear this outfit?

LieutenantHanchett.jpg

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Now that would be...ahem.. right up her alley, although she will be properly outfitted for circa 1690s for RF2... but it might not hurt to tuck that in your baggage.... B)

As to paying in advance, I am quite certain that we could work something out... B)

Crewe of the Archangel

Baggage Cheeks? Surely Mr. Foxe doesn't want to deal with your issues??

Dear Captain...you did not read my post properly...I was not speak for myself, but regarding others...

As for the Govn'rs daughter...she was the 'center' of attention last year. Poor thing couldn't move without having the Cold Stream Guard at her side at every waking moment....not to mention the RAF...and the 2nd Panzer Unit and....Gosh, am I forgetting anyone else?! ;)

Member of "The Forsaken"

I think we shall see a lot of them at RF2. Actually we are hoping Andy can convince Uncle Larry, Grant, to play Mr. Symms... he would be just perfect for the part... ;)

Well then...I better be prepared for a chamber pot to be tossed in my direction...and he better be prepared for a good thrashing!

Oh, I can hear him now..."Murder! Murder!" Yes, it will be like old times! ;)

Member of "The Forsaken"