Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now, Pete, we need pirates at RF2, there will be plenty of Nazi!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Great suit, but I'm a hat man!

I luv that topper!!!

As far as the Nazis at RF2, think we can start an all ages skirmish??

Just think what a pirate could have done with a pilfered tommygun!!! :lol:

But I will hand it to the WWII, guys they really get into their reenactments.

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Oh Rats, you have to come to MTT (Marching Through Time) one of these years. On Sunday morning before the public is allowed onsite, we have "The Multiperiod Tactical". My favourite year, a sole Roman soldier took out a whole rank of Union soldiers with a Star Wars blaster, and a Landsknecht Kampfrau took five WWII GIs hostage with an M-16 she pilfered from Vietnam camp. :lol:

I was shooting Nazis with the 1930s bellyguy hidden in the sleeve of my 15th century Houppeland while Bob was taking them out with his 38. Of course being that he was dressed as a monk, he gave his victims "last rights" using his flask of whiskey.

"Bushmills Irish Whiskey" says he, "Not that Catholic crap!" :lol:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Great suit, but I'm a hat man!

I luv that topper!!!

As far as the Nazis at RF2, think we can start an all ages skirmish??

Just think what a pirate could have done with a pilfered tommygun!!! :ph34r:

But I will hand it to the WWII, guys they really get into their reenactments.

Rats!

Hats are good, as, I believe it was, Blackjohn says, one can never have enough hats! :ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Remember the show "Living Color" where they had the Jamacan family, who always complained about "lazy man!"people having "only one job!", :ph34r:

All they would do was change their hats. :ph34r:

Rats

sig2.jpg

OK guys,

I'm due to give a talk on methods of doing maritime living history on land, but we've been discussing the possibility of me doing a second talk as well. The trouble is that I'm a bit short on good ideas. So... does anyone have any thoughts? What would you like to hear a talk on?

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

How about Pyrates: Reel World VS. Real World.... or otherwise known as Where to get your bucketboots and earrings? :rolleyes::P:P

I'm wondering if you'll draw in more of a crowd, not just the nautical types, with something like, how to research your time frame... I just can't say how many newbie reenactors there might be that would be interested in this or if a lot of folks would think themselves already knowledgeable in this area...

Crewe of the Archangel

I don't want to get too specific in terms of period or portrayal, but something to do with finding the right sources (ie, not using movies and other crap sources) might be a good idea.

Keep 'em coming though.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

it would be kind of neat to do a talk along the lines of that 12 tips for authenticity or what ever it was called that I was reading reciently. Something that could help the newcomers but would remind the old timers that have gotten complacient.

Otherwise I'm not very helpful, Sorry. I'll sit in on just about anything on the off chance of finding some random bit of interesting information.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Is that the same as the "why & how" thread sticked at the other place? That's the one I was thinking of.

I love the neat ordered "how to evaluate your information" way that is presented. It's definately something that not enough newcomers think about. We tend to get sucked into the fun & glamor of the "event" and forget all the real work that goes into doing it well. Plus a lot of new people tend to take others "experienced" word for it without doing the reading and research themselves because it just seems to daunting to learn everything when someone else can just give you the "right" answer. Maybe something like this would encourage more people to do their own leg work and really think you know. Plus it sort of goes along with the idea of not using "crap" sources like Foxe mentioned.

Well, that's what I'd like to sit through at least. If nothing else, I'll just nag you guys about it, deal?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Deal! :lol:

Oh, I know the one you're talking about. The one Foxe posted. I was thinking of something I wrote a few years ago and I was wondering where you'd seen it. :lol:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

As long as you're keeping me fed with beer you can nag as long as you like. Deal? :lol::lol:

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Oi Cheeks, Mr. March is bringing the trestle table... NO folding chairs please... he's also putting a liquor list together just let me know... Can we smoke in the pub? I can't remember from last year, or was that off limits as well??

Oh weapons as well, can we put flintlocks on the table... I know we cannot carry them, only swords...

Crewe of the Archangel

I know that Veruca mentioned that she had given Lt. March some furniture drawings/patterns regarding period correct items. I am not sure if he'll have the time to craft any of them though. As for the chairs...I didn't mean real folding chairs...I was referring to camp chairs. Sorry for the mix up. At least four in the area.

I have a bottle of Rum with Lt. March's name on it. We can make up our share of "Captain & Cutters" while we are there.

As for smoking at the Pub; Yes...I think we can. I remember Mike along with an assorted group (RAF/Roman/2nd Panzer) getting chummy and smoking cigars in the corner booth and the wall of smoke hovering over them :P

Okay...so...how many weapons will the group be bringing? I'm all for being prepared...but nothing says Pyrate like...weapon overkill :lol:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I know that Veruca mentioned that she had given Lt. March some furniture drawings/patterns regarding period correct items.  I am not sure if he'll have the time to craft any of them though.  As for the chairs...I didn't mean real folding chairs...I was referring to camp chairs.  Sorry for the mix up.  At least four in the area.

I have a bottle of Rum with Lt. March's name on it.  We can make up our share of "Captain & Cutters" while we are there.

As for smoking at the Pub; Yes...I think we can.  I remember Mike along with an assorted group (RAF/Roman/2nd Panzer) getting chummy and smoking cigars in the corner booth and the wall of smoke hovering over them  :P

Okay...so...how many weapons will the group be bringing?  I'm all for being prepared...but nothing says Pyrate like...weapon overkill  :lol:

Yes Veruca... geeze when did she come up with that one??... posted a number of pictures... the 1660 trestle is really a nice piece... If you still have the picture of that 1675 captain's sea chest please post it over at the Angel site for Andy as well thanks...

as for how many weapons... ah rather keep it simple but elegant.... :P:P

Crewe of the Archangel

Yes Veruca... geeze when did she come up with that one??...

posted a number of pictures... the 1660 trestle is really a nice piece... If you still have the picture of that 1675 captain's sea chest please post it over at the Angel site for Andy as well thanks...

as for how many weapons... ah rather keep it simple but elegant.... :lol:   :P

Come now...never under estimate a twisted mind, Captain...she's been known to be 'materialistic' at times.... :P

Anyway....I'll post the chest for Lt. March so he can have a look-see.

By the way...I'm doing a search right now for busk daggers...so far...nothing solid to go by.

Oh and for those reading the thread who may be thinking about it...

Absolutely NO Concealed Weaponry of any kind.

Think first, think smart before you depart for the show people!

Thanks

Member of "The Forsaken"

Oh and for those reading the thread who may be thinking about it...

Absolutely NO Concealed Weaponry of any kind.

Think first, think smart before you depart for the show people!

Thanks

So why are you looking into busk daggers??

And the last time Mike emailed, no guns of any kind unless you are using them for demos only!

Welcome to Chicago... geeze even Salem was better weapon wise...

Crewe of the Archangel

So why are you looking into busk daggers??

No..no..no...that wasn't the question, Captain.

I am trying to find out if they existed or not. I have no intension of bringing such an item as that.

There are other elements of destruction, which are easier to carry and present as show and tell.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Hey everyone!

Work sucks! They don't pay me enough!

How about a demo or talk why folks should abandon some of the other reenacting genres and flock to GAoP?? :lol:

Gotta get some sleep!

Rats

BTW:

Weapons

My doglock musketoon

Should have my boarding axe by then?

we have several Pistols

a few Swords

Assorted Daggers

Medical items??

sig2.jpg

Cheeks WRONG chest!

Crewe of the Archangel