Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

Rats: Message received -- reply sent with additional input.

------

Everyone else:

Regarding RF2... Have I added this post already? I was talking about this event to someone (where? when?) and mentioned that Civil War Confederates would be rubbing elbows wit WWII Nazis as well as with Roman Centaurians, and -- really -- where else could you find that?

The person reacted: "Roman Centaurians? What battle are they reenacting? Who are they fighting? Is someone showing up deessed as Jesus?"

Right then and there, I imagined how cool (and how somewhat controversial) it would be for for someone to show up at RF2 dressed as Jesus of Nazareth, historical reenactor of perhaps the greatest battle of them all... (Alas, if I were only 50 or more pounds thinner, with 2 more months facial hair growth, I would do it in a New York second)

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if I should tell the tale of when I won the prize for "worst taste" at a fancy dress party... :huh:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Naw... Rats, Pete...

Someone coming as Jesus... won't be as half bad as someone coming in as Davy Jones and claiming it's historical accuracy. :huh:

Hell... I don't thin RF is specific to just US stuff... I'm eager to see in the future years more and more worldwide stuff.... like the Crusades, Alexander, the huns and China, Conquistadors and Aztecs or Incas, Ramses, etc...

There's a gent here in the CR area that's a might good Abe Lincoln... Rats I think you may have saw him at the Usher's Ferry event a couple months ago. Oddly enough, he's pals with my History professor! LOL.... I felt rather old granny being introed to Abe Lincoln... wondering how ironic it was that this Pres was being introed to a colonial Lady and Pirate! Perhaps he'll be at RF2. Who knows.

Another thing is... I'm curious to see how RF will grow? What demos in the future will be done and allowed. I was talking to someone else who does Jousting the other night and we both thought it would be fun in due time to do jousting and cavalry demos.

Demos of manuvers over the centuries would be something incredible to see. Doubt that would be something able to do within a hotel though.

Welp, mates... here's t' hoping I make it t' RF2.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Our crew's gunner Billy could pull a JC off easily!!

26lastlookaround.jpg

That would be right up his alley!

Not to mention if I had it my way, I would turned to into a cross between Passion of Christ (still havn't seen it... Sorry) meets Gladiator and Braveheart!! It would be great!

BTW: no offense to any... Just personally would have put up a fight and went out swinging...

Then again I was never good with that "turn the other cheek" thing!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

There's a gent here in the CR area that's a might good Abe Lincoln... Rats I think you may have saw him at the Usher's Ferry event a couple months ago. Oddly enough, he's pals with my History professor! LOL

Lady B', Somewhere I have a picture of Abe with our own Billie Beach while we were doing a documentary/movie called, "Love and Valor". Here you go...BillieandAbe.jpg

Another thing is... I'm curious to see how RF will grow? What demos in the future will be done and allowed. I was talking to someone else who does Jousting the other night and we both thought it would be fun in due time to do jousting and cavalry demos.

Demos of manuvers over the centuries would be something incredible to see. Doubt that would be something able to do within a hotel though.

Welp, mates... here's t' hoping I make it t' RF2.

To answer your question, LadyBarbossa, we've done several types of demos last year. We've had everything from period music to fencing demos. Though horses would be hard to get into a hotel...(heck, we've tried :huh: ) we have had military combat (hand to hand) done with sword, dirk, quarter-staff and so on). Something to think about for future events...

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Aye... that be him, Cheeky. :) Freakin' tall! I'm 5'11' and he towers over me!

Charming fellow though.

:huh::huh::huh:

Go racin' in Ban Tarleton style on horseback... I don't think the hotel management would like it if a horse would ascend the stairs and we hack at the railings and banisters with our swords. :huh:

:::Whimpers::: Ooooh, how I want to be there with the lot of ya! But again...I won't know if I would be able to go until after the 2nd or 3rd week of January! :huh: Sucks.

~Lady B

:huh:

By God, that's him! Or should I say them!!!

Exactly what I was thinking about!!!

Rumor has it, Pete had Honest Abe, talking like a pirate at Greenbush!!

I would have paid to see that!

Just wait til RF2!

Rats

sig2.jpg

Rats: Message received -- reply sent with additional input.

------

Everyone else:

Regarding RF2... Have I added this post already?  I was talking about this event to someone (where? when?) and mentioned that Civil War Confederates would be rubbing elbows wit WWII Nazis as well as with Roman Centaurians, and -- really -- where else could you find that?

The person reacted: "Roman Centaurians? What battle are they reenacting?  Who are they fighting?  Is someone showing up deessed as Jesus?"

Right then and there, I imagined how cool (and how somewhat controversial) it would be for for someone to show up at RF2 dressed as Jesus of Nazareth, historical reenactor of perhaps the greatest battle of them all... (Alas, if I were only 50 or more pounds thinner, with 2 more months facial hair growth, I would do it in a New York second)

The Romans would most likely love it... last year they were complaining that they attend a lot of Passion Plays come Easter time... and they were saying how nice it would be to have someone play Jesus who actually understood what He was all about... they said most of the "actors" have no clue and it is just awful!!! But I don't know about you Pete.... can't see Jesus running around yelling "GARRRRRRRRRR, forgive them...GARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" B)B)B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I'm wondering if I should tell the tale of when I won the prize for "worst taste" at a fancy dress party... B)

Pray, do tell!!! I'm all ears....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Well he had Honest Abe talking like a pirate!

Would Jesus say GAAAARRRR!!!

By God, I bet he would if he spent more than 5 minutes with our Pete!!

JMHO!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

"Well, looks like Rats and Cap'n Pete's room will be the place for the 'after hours' party, won't it?!

Looks like I won't be sleeping that weekend!! B)

Maybe I can just lay there and be used as a prop or something for a demo!

sig2.jpg

Hibernation?

B)

I WON'T ask!

:::Weird little thought thingies bouncing around in my head::: B)

~Lady B

B)

I've been going strong since... hmmmm, since... gee when haven't I been going strong... actually since the move to Virginia... I'm about ready to fall over, crew members were hoping I would get some rest but so far... doesn't look like it!!! B)B)B)

By RF2 I should be sitting in on Foxe's lecture with toothpicks propping up the old eyelids!

Crewe of the Archangel

"Well, looks like Rats and Cap'n Pete's room will be the place for the 'after hours' party, won't it?! B)

I will be bringing fixin's for Grogtinis... And will be raiding the ice machine to keep the Guinness cold.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Rumor has it, Pete had Honest Abe, talking like a pirate at Greenbush!! I would have paid to see that!

At Minooka, not Greenbush.

And it is not a rumor. S'truth.

I was not in Civil War frame of mind yet, had just parked my car, and Abe was the first person I ran into. He recalled me from our meeting several times in the past, but as we started speaking, I fell into Pirate-Speak. And he caught the bug. I asked him to stop before I got into trouble, as too many people would figure out I started him talking like a pirate.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, dear God! I'll have to ask my Professor about that about Honest Abe talkin' Pirate. :lol:

:lol::lol:

And Sterling... did you want colored toothpicks? the plastic ones? or the awesome colored platic sword ones?

Damnit! Pete! You are such a devil! God, do I want to go now more than ever!!! Grogtinis! You still have yet to make me one... especially since you downed th' last of my grog at Port Washington! :)

There's somethin' for ya, folks! Ever wonder how Pete lost his hand? He drank my grog! And so.. I lopped of his hand! Does that stop him? Hell no! :lol:

:lol:

Cheers, Pete!

~Lady B

:lol:

Well he had Honest Abe talking like a pirate!

Would Jesus say GAAAARRRR!!!???

By God, I bet he would if he spent more than 5 minutes with our Pete!!

JMHO!

Rats!

Well, seeing that Jesus is a fisherman of men...and he did have that little stint fishing with Philip and the others....I wouldn't put it past him. I am sure that he has a great sense of humor!

Member of "The Forsaken"

"Well, looks like Rats and Cap'n Pete's room will be the place for the 'after hours' party, won't it?! :lol:

I will be bringing fixin's for Grogtinis... And will be raiding the ice machine to keep the Guinness cold.

:lol: Shame...For Shame, Cap'n Pete! Guinness is to kept only slightly chilled or better yet...room tempature. Never cold!

Member of "The Forsaken"

I've won it twice :lol:

The time I was thinking of was in my long-hair-beardy days when I went as Jesus. I think it was the nails through the hands that won me the prize. :lol:

Last year I won it for going as Hitler. I actually shaved my moustache down, and forgot when we went for a post-party breakfast at the cafe over the road.... My friends thought the kindest thing to do was not tell me... :lol:

(The really frightening thing is that if I shave my moustache down and brush my hair from the side I really do look like the Fuhrer!)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Actually, I'm THE sick bastard...

On a more serious note (and to draw attention away from my sense of humour), the Romans cropped up a lot of places other than Palestine! Here there's quite a stong movement of Roman reenactors doing events with iron age Britons. It's also perhaps less controversial and easier to do accurately than Biblical reenactment.

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

I know plenty of Roman reenactors here on the East Coast. Not a single one of them is doing anything Biblical. The Romans have much better historical records than that.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!