Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How right you are dear lady!

And like the good captain has said, even the river styx couldn't keep this no-gooder from a party such as that which is a brewing!

And the first round is on ol' Rats! In that you can be sure!!

<_<:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

How right you are dear lady!

And like the good captain has said, even the river styx couldn't keep this no-gooder from a party such as that which is a brewing!

And the first round is on ol' Rats! In that you can be sure!!

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

NO the first round is on MB.... <_<:huh::huh::huh::huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

How curious, Captain! I thought you'd be far more afraid of the gaolers... <_<:huh::huh::huh::huh:

There is always the chance of escaping prison Habibi! A poor marriage or death.. ain't so easy! :huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

There is always the chance of escaping prison Habibi! A poor marriage or death.. ain't so easy! <_<

Lilly looks over at the Captain. "As you can see...I'm not laughing. I think you joke was in bad taste, Captain."

The way you speak, would you rather take prison than marriage?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

... Must ... Not ... Respond ....

... Must ... Exert ... Rare .... Self .... Control ...........

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

... Must ... Not ... Respond ....

... Must ... Exert ... Rare .... Self .... Control ...........

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B)B)B)B)B)

And Cheeky... Depending on the woman chosen, and how one decides to conduct oneself in the commitment, one could end up with both in the same!

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh well...of course THAT does make a big difference. Of course, I would Never do such a thing to you, Pet...

uh no..never, no way...can't do that to you, Boy-O!

Ahem... yup... :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

I owe a great debt to Madame Actress for telling me of this wonderful event. I even have the good fortune to have family near by to stay with whilst in port. The what to wear debate rages though. What better excuse for something new does one need?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I owe a great debt to Madame Actress for telling me of this wonderful event. I even have the good fortune to have family near by to stay with whilst in port. The what to wear debate rages though. What better excuse for something new does one need?

Hmmm how many crewe members can the relatives handle? :rolleyes::ph34r:

And if ye be in the market fer new clothes...remember there be a Ball on Saturday night! Sounds like a good excuse to me...

Crewe of the Archangel

A Ball on Saturday night? This is sounding sweeter by the minute (Okay, I confess, I committed myself to going last February when I could not attend the first one, and have not even bothered to look up any information).

I now have several "Wanted" posters adorned by my visage. I could not resist the challenge... :D

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Rateye, Cap'n Pete...and to those who are interested....

Keep in mind if you can find a room mate to share the expense of your lodgings, it can be an affordable weekend. $95 a night isn't bad for the Chicago, IL area. And that's the same price for either a King or Double/Double size room. Oh yes! A Ball too! The music will be from a wide rang of time periods! So you can try to boogie through the ages! :D

Please check the website: www.reenactorfest.com

Mike Bollow - Director of this event updates the website every three months or so. Look under the 'news' link for the latest and greatest.

Look about and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mike Bollow at the 'contact link' or contact me!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Oh, someone was very, very clever with their choice of T-shirts sold in connection with this event:

"Dad dresses weird on the weekend" (baby-size t-shirt & bib)

"Real men take their hits" (Hear that, Yankee reenactors?)

"I reenact, therefore I was"

"I don't drink for me, it's for my impression."

"farb" (bright yellow t-shirt. Nice.)

I do not plan on getting a room -- I live not much more than an hour away. To me that is "drive-home-at-night-and-get-a-shower" distance.

Although the advantage of staying on-site.... hmmm.... And isn't it true that the pool facilities are only available to paying guests?

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I just looked through last year's photo gallery! I saw an awful lot of familiar faces!

The WWII Soviet group... they'd better be there this year, and I hope they don't have a problem talking with someone dressed as a pirate....

Question: The Schedule of Events is not yet posted. Based on last year, how early and late did things run? Was there any program actually on Friday night? If so, how early did that start?

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Rateye, Cap'n Pete...and to those who are interested....

Keep in mind if you can find a room mate to share the expense of your lodgings, it can be an affordable weekend. $95 a night isn't bad for the Chicago, IL area. And that's the same price for either a King or Double/Double size room.

And, if it makes any difference, the rooms were top notch... the hotel is no dive..

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh, someone was very, very clever with their choice of T-shirts sold in connection with this event

Ya, you can see Mike was all over that one....

And isn't it true that the pool facilities are only available to paying guests?

Yes, I think you are right. If you are staying at the hotel you should be able to use the waterpark for nothing...but don't quote me on that! I am not sure how the Hotel is doing the waterpark...though...the pool is free to guests.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Question: The Schedule of Events is not yet posted. Based on last year, how early and late did things run? Was there any program actually on Friday night? If so, how early did that start?

Okay...this is how it ran last year 2006.

On Friday, the event opened up at 12 noon to the public. In 2007, the event opens Friday at 3 pm until 8 pm. Saturday from 9 am until 6 pm and Sunday from 9 am until 2 pm.

There were (and will be) Live Demos Scheduled for Friday, not to mention Seminars up the ying-yang on various topics through the ages.

ReenactorFest.com will be posting the schedule, seminars and live demos when it gets closer to the date (late December, I think).

After 8 pm on Friday, don't miss the 'in-house' parties...not to mention Historical Jeopardy - It's a blast!

Hope this answers some of your questions!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Friday: 3pm til 8pm = play time... 8pm til ? = :o = :o in the morning

Saturday: Early wake up and play the game 9pm til 6pm, then sleep or eat, then :o til :o = :o

Sunday: Another early wake up for 9pm play time = :o hangover, then head for home at 2pm???

Did I mention nothing good can come of this!!! :o

Dead men..... I mean drunk men tell no tales!!!!

B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

Come on ...Chicago in February ...brrrrrrr

I think I adressed this earlier...

Sorry, I hadn't been following the thread. I knew I wasn't going but since there had been so much activy on it I thought I would check it out. Heck, I'm from the Pittsburgh area. If I can deal with the months and months of gloom there I can deal with the wind in Chicago! :blink:

Pittsburgh? And ye bemoan Chicago weather?

My earlier comment was (for sake of reference):

Give me a break. Winters in Chicago are far easier to survive than navigating through the Strait of Magellan or the disease-infested African coast. What kind of a pirate are ye? Well, apparently, not a Chicago-born one like me...

Capt. Sterling added a comment about the luxury of celebrating inside a heated four-star hotel regardless of external temperature.

Plus, I plan to network with WWII Soviet reenactors, and cannot personally choose to bitch about the cold Chicago weather to them -- I doubt they would consider me "hard core."

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

What kind of a pirate are ye? Well, apparently, not a Chicago-born one like me...

Capt. Sterling added a comment about the luxury of celebrating inside a heated four-star hotel regardless of external temperature.

Dear Silkie and Cap'n Pete,

I hail from the Northeastern sea coast, and winters here can be just as bad as in Chicago, Pittsburgh, or way up north in Maine!

As long as their is good company, good food, fine drink and the hotel is nice...who cares what the heck it is outside!

It sounds that it would be worth the trip!