Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

...and alcohol had absolutely NOTHING to do with it!!!!!!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta see about getting a certain image from a fellow Dragoon. ;) .. the image of the Pirate Angels... (where Rats nearly clipped off the side of MerryDs face! :lol: )

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Pete, I never said it was your cheek in the pic..

and a wickd lady here too..

mdwickdladyrat-1.jpg

the bad thing is that the one with the camerararely gets her own pic..

MDSETCORNER.jpg

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

To my new pyratical friends, I do have one question for you that has to do with Historical Jeopard. How did you enjoy the German VD training video that Alex provided at the end of the game? The first time I saw it, I nearly wet my knickers laughing so hard. That's the kind of twisted fun we like to pursue after public hours.

I see that you all had a good time, and don't worry, there will be an RF III! Monday the Mike&Mike boys jet out east to look at Gettysburg for RF East I. Looks very good that it would take place there. Looking at weekend after Thanksgiving, as that is "dead time" out on the East Coast. Get all your crews from across the Seven Seas together for a Pirate's Christmas party? Oi! I shutter to think about a party like that? Have good olde St. Petenicholas hand out Christmas booty from a chest?

On a serious note, I know one of the comments out on the many boards this week is that we were gearing and leaning towards a more World War II theme at RF. We're the first to admit it, we are WW II reenactors after all. That's what we do. Any help from reenactors from the other time periods is always welcome, we can use it! But the point of RF is to bring ALL the time periods together. For those that were at RF II you saw the multitude of time periods. It's a chore and a half trying to make things work for everybody. Ask one of your crewmates who works on the RF Staff with us ( and a damn fine job she's done as well! ) what things are like. I swear, there were some times I wished I could have had a few people "walk the plank" for some of the things that came up! Seriously, if any of you have any comments , suggestions or the like, send them along to us. Can't promise they will all get used ( let's face it, it's just impossible to do everything for everyone ) but it will at least get due consideration.

Oh, one correction on a picture out there. With Mary Diamond and Tiffany with the British soldier in the hall way showing there legs off. No need to be disturbed. That's Brian, Tiff's BOYFRIEND! Ernie of the Coldstream Guards and owner of Castle Keep, LTD. is her father! ....but I can't help Pete out with the Centurion, however........sorry!

I had a blast my friend!

Sure there was a lot of WWII and WWI groups. But who cares! That was my area of interest growing up! (Like I ever did)

You fellas kept the timelines spread out, yet close enough to similiar eras so that it woudn't be strange----er!

The vendors were top-notch! I found everything I wanted and some things I shouldn't have (hence the mumified finger powder measure)

I loved the spot we had! Considering we took over an entire hallway!!!

Just think! Next year we'll have twice the folks and twice the stuff!!

I would have liked to have Foxe's presentation later in the day on Saturday... We all just got going on Saturday and missed it.

OK it's early!

Gotta feed the minions. I mean triplets!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Parental Discretion Advised!

The Ball was redicul---it was pretty damn crazy! I showed up rolling out the barrel (my date), since the tables were taken. And though we eventually got a table I felt it necessary to bring our other barrels for more tables and chairs!

SO we all got lit and everyone started to dance! That was dancing right???

BTW I didn't step on toes, shoes, important or vital body parts, did I?

*** Idea for next year: Now during the afternoon there was a table set up with food and such for sale…. How should I say this??? Drunk pirate= hungry pirate!!! I would have loved a slab of pizza or burger at 11 or 12!!

The pics tell the rest!

But I will say this and ye all should be warned!!!!

You have not lived until you have seen Pete “Perform” during Paradise by the dashboard lights!!!

Anyone want to add anything???

Sunday was an equally early wake up, yet we all seemed to live through it! The afternoon was complete by finally catching Foxe’s presentation.

Let me say the knowledge and advice will be greatly influential for future plans and productions. Well done sir and thank you again!

The afternoon then included a take down and recovery of all personal properties!

But needless to say it was quite the event!

Rats

sig2.jpg

I believe I was choking on my own tongue...  :lol:

God, what an awful picture, someone must have a better one surely?

Yes Foxe, I believe I have a photo of you in your wonderful thrum cap... B) I just need to find it and figure out how to post photos to the site.

- Skittles

I fine mix of pictures indeed. Thank you for sharing the event vicariously.

Well, now, William, be that VICARIOUS enough for ye? B) The missus was kind enough to share a spot of lip color for me in the lav, then up the stairs we come to find sneaky Pete!

BTW - the fine gent standing in with us was NOT her Da', twas her BEAU. Her Da' beat a hasty exit when he saw what we were up to ~ :lol:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I think "Cheeky" Actress is going to have to justify her epithet, as she clearly has competition.

Um, perhaps that's the last copy of that angle that should be put up on the Internet, 'kay? How about more innocent shots? Like maybe of me dancing with men?

LOL!!!! :lol:B):lol:

Cap'n Pete....I don't think there are many innocent shots out there...

Oh BTW, did any body get a shot of the group of "Tweeners" girls that crashed our Ball? They were all there for a birthday party/sleepover.

The girls were all dressed up as if they were from the future. I'm kicking myself because I wasn't quick enough to grab a camera, but they were in the company of Foxe as he greeted them at the front door with the same style 'hair-do'! ;)

Anyone?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

thank you Pete.. and someone had a grand time til the end..

Pete's tail feather photo 

Oh ghad, glad that I am of being blind at least in one eye!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I fine mix of pictures indeed.  Thank you for sharing the event vicariously.

Well, now, William, be that VICARIOUS enough for ye? :P The missus was kind enough to share a spot of lip color for me in the lav, then up the stairs we come to find sneaky Pete!

BTW - the fine gent standing in with us was NOT her Da', twas her BEAU. Her Da' beat a hasty exit when he saw what we were up to ~ :lol:

Aye. Vicarious indeed. And precarious. And hilarious. All of the ariouses combined I should think.

Thank you, all.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Kind of hoping you all STOP copying the cheek shot. Once was plenty.

Merrydeath, I publicly reported that I have a Maltese Cross tattoo elsewhere in the Pub (under "Pirate Ink" if I recall correctly), so I doubt there were but a few who did not know whose arse were exposed.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

X marks the spot :P

And a brave man ye are!! So here's to yer Arse Pete! :lol:

But I agree, I really don't need to keep see'in it! :P

Any other good pics out there???

How about the day after shots from Sunday??

Rats

sig2.jpg

Rats, ye must have drank too much Grogtini! T'was hard enough just gettin' out of the hammock on Sunday morn and navigating the hallways. :lol: Besides, I think all the shots of friends you might see from then would all have red and bleary eyes, even IF you used those programs and enhancement red eye removers for pictures! I know some one kept ringing eight bells in my noggin' for a good portion of the morning! Speaking of which, since I'm new to this, did pirate ships and crews have doctors or ship's surgeons like they did in the Royal Navy? Curious, as I thought if I were to explore this part of the reenactment community doing that would be right up my alley. I was a fire/medic for 20 years, just enough medical knowledge to be dangerous I'd always say. Call myself "Croaker" and how could one go wrong with this crew by perscribing large tots of rum for every ailment anyway? :P

Well now my friend, I am currently assigned as the ship's sturgeon--- Burp! I mean surgeon. However, should someone have the know how and the tools, I would gladly act as the surgeon's mate or barber/ surgeon.

BTW: this could be worked in great as a sight gag, with the surgeon removing parts and the assistant "losing it" with every issue.

Currently I have been reading "Revolutionary Medicine", " "From Medicine Man to Doctor" and the "Practical Remarks" on treatment of Wounds and Fractures. Though both have an emphasis on the Rev War. Treatment is very much the same.

Dive in my friend! There's more than enough room for everyone! This will also give me time to concentrate more on planning the skits and learning to fight without cutting someone's eye out.... Sorry Captain!

Here's to ya!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

Kind of hoping you all STOP copying the cheek shot.  Once was plenty.

Merrydeath, I publicly reported that I have a Maltese Cross tattoo elsewhere in the Pub (under "Pirate Ink" if I recall correctly), so I doubt there were but a few who did not know whose arse were exposed.

Sir Pete,

I didn't know about the cross but I do like it, and especially in that place. And as I posted, I didn't say it was your backside.. you have LadyB to keel-haul for that.

(hides a smile) you danced devinely or maybe devilishly, Pete. I can see you dancing at Port Washington with a lady or two for the crowds.

and I'll see about removing the booty shot of you. You surprised the heck out of me showing that off..

BTW, I have several shots of the tweeners. I'll see abt getting some more pics up tonight. We had 5 inches of snow and now I have a cold. It hurt to shovel the walk today.. and I have to get up at 5 am on the morrow... dang lottery; Wishing I could win it. A gob's life for me.

and who are you, Piwo?? please introduce yourself to me!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Rats, one should never displace a crew member. Your a sawbones for a reason. Tis a good thing! There's a fellow in the WW II community, does German. He's an amputee. At a few events I've seen them do a number on him in front of the public during a public, staged battle. They "pull" his mangled leg off and the medics do treatment on his wound while he screams in pain. The Civ War people have done this as well, cutting a hole in a surgery table to shove a limb thru to hide it. They then hide soup bones in a gooey mess that they can saw on to simulate the amputation and carry the "limb" away in a bucket. Seems they have had a few people spew up for real watching it. How's that for reenacting?

Oh, introduce myself...Hmmh. For those that have yet to meet me, I'm the numero uno assistant for Mike Bollow who puts on Reenactorfest. I've been in the hobby for 10 years, doing WW II Polish Armed Forces. I'm the C/O of the 1st Polish Independent Parachute Brigade ( reenacted ) out of Chicago and the quasit C/O of RAF 11 Group Fighter Command as well. 11 Group were the lads who had the courage to sit next to the Pyrates at the Ball Saturday night, and in some of the pictures in "Raids" you'll see a lad dressed as a Polish Pilot Sgt. who was dancing with Cheeky and Mary Diamond at the Ball and freely making an ass of himself, but having fun at it! So, I've been around the block in the hobby for a bit, and now I'm retired and have way too much time on my hands. Messed up my back on a call at the FD where I was a fire/medic. Now I'm missing parts of 2 discs and 2 vertebra so I've had to change my reenacting lifestyle to more static and less physical pursuits. The name "Piwo" is my pilot "call sign" in 11 Group. Piwo is the Polish word for beer! So I go by that, or "Blaze" as my last name is Blazejack, and yes quite a name for a firefighter. I hope that will give you a good start as an introduction....but heck with that! MORE PICTURES FROM THE BALL I SAY!

Well mate, as you can see by our display we have plenty of gear to go round. So you just say the word and we'll have you on the next boarding party!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

And as I posted, I didn't say it was your backside.. you have LadyB to keel-haul for that.

No, I was the first to say it was on my backside. In the "Pirate Ink" thread.

And the underwear line strongly indicates the actual location out of context from any other reference point.

and I'll see about removing the booty shot of you.  You surprised the heck out of me showing that off..

Aw, hell. Leave it.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

MDcomrades.jpg

PIWO and PETE, I think.. both dressed and happy as Russians with vodka..

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg