Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

MDCAESARTALKS.jpg

MDTRESCHIC.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I go by ..."Blaze" as my last name is Blazejack....

Blaze? Blaze, do ye say?

Weren't you the guy putting the moves on Miss Diamond?

100_1039.jpg

Or hanging out with that obnoxious Soviet Air Force dude?

100_1027.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

So, I was dancing a lot with Mary Diamond. Does that mean I'll get the gibbet? She was just looking for a partner to trip the light fantastic with, and I happened to be available. T'was a very enjoyable time, I might add. I have not danced in YEARS, and really forgot how much fun it can be. Granted, I have two left feet but why let that stop one from having fun? But Mary was polite enough to withhold comment on my limited dancing abilities, and was a gracious dance partner. But like Jabba the Hut said in one of those Star Wars movies..."Ho, ho, ho! Your my kind of scum!" ;) You pirates sure do know how to have a good time! :blink:

Your whole gang has the right idea about the hobby. Do a great job during the day with the public, and then after hours is let the hair down and have a blast! In recent years I've forgotten about the "let the hair down" part. I'll tell you what, however. This pirate thing is going to get a real serious think by me about doing it. I don't want to make a promise I can't keep, but I've seen how you all operate day and night and I like what I see. Your all wonderful and friendly ( Is that a BAD thing to say to pirates? )and if I jump to a different time period, I'd have to say this would be it......Arrghhh, did they have Polish pirates back in the day?

But finally, to wind up this long post. A real big "THANK YOU!" goes out to Cheeky for all the hard work she put in as a staff member for RF II, and both Mike's agree we want her on board for RF III! The bilge pumps would not have been able to keep up with the flow of problems we had were it not for her. She's a real credit to the hobby, and a great credit to your crew! So be sure to buy her a Grogtini or two next time your in port. And also a big "THANK YOU" to you all, and one lad in particular, named Pete. Your antics on Friday and Saturday night were a catylist and help move the evenings entertainment right along and insured that everyonehad a great time. A "WELL DONE" to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piwo

More Polish??

Good! Someone will finally understand me and know what the hell I'm talking about!!!

Rats! (who grew up on the Sout' side of Milwaukee eyh!)

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

More shots of the "Tyme Warp" thanks to Blaze....

Everyone on the Floor!

Timewarp5.jpg

Yeah that's MY crewe laying on the floor and blaming it on a dance... more like passed out from all of the navigator's grogtinis!!! ouch!! :(B):(B) The funny part was, all the ladies in their boned, bodices couldn't get back up!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The funny part was, all the ladies in their boned, bodices couldn't get back up!!!!!!!!!! :(:(

Yes, Skittles and I were like helpless turtles! We were both laying there catching our breath...then I heard, "Okay, now how do we get up?" B)B)

Thank heavens for the gallant men that saved us.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

...then I heard, "Okay, now how do we get up?" :(:(

Thank heavens for the gallant men that saved us.

Who saved Pete??? B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Hi all. I'm finally back in commission and threw Mr. Foxe off my laptop. Bloody foreigners... :lol:

Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with those of you I met at RF2, but I'm sure you understand that I didn't really want to spend the whole time sick in my hotel room.

It was lovely meeting the delightful Merry Death, the ever-sunny Lady Barbossa, and the light in my Sunday, Captain Pete Straw. I hope it won't be too long before we meet again!

Mister March, Rats, Skittles -- great to see you all again. Sorry I wasn't around much.

Thanks to Jessie K and Sarah for helping out and entertaining the boys. You two are the best.

And a special thanks to Chole for making me feel like I was there and keeping the stall neat and tidy in my absence.

The recovering,

Kass

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

"I wish I had been there just t' watch the crew o' the Archangel do the 'Time Warp'!"

Oh Jacky it was the best! Every time Pete threw his arms up, a button would go flying off his Soviet coat and soar across the dance floor!!!!! :lol::lol:B)

Crewe of the Archangel

Hence the saying...

Drunk as a Rat!

Hey after spending every waking moment for the last two weeks working on display or overtime.... I've been looking forward to this weekend for months!!

Luckily I'm still off of work and just recovering from the weekend!!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Hi all. I'm finally back in commission and threw Mr. Foxe off my laptop. Bloody foreigners... :lol:

Glad to see you guys made it back OK Kass. Next time you head out here, make sure it's a summer event!

Again, thanks for letting me help. You know I've got to keep myself busy for fear of getting in the way otherwise. Yes I really am enough of a stick in the mud to find "work" fun. :)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Blaze said, "I have not danced in YEARS, and really forgot how much fun it can be. Granted, I have two left feet but why let that stop one from having fun? But Mary was polite enough to withhold comment on my limited dancing abilities, and was a gracious dance partner."

Oh Blaze, I couldn't agree with you more, my dear. Even though the ratio this year was better than last, I think there were 7 men to 1 woman...so if there are any women out there that didn't get a chance to kick up your heels...YOU REALLY MISSED OUT

I don't want to make a promise I can't keep, but I've seen how you all operate day and night and I like what I see. Your all wonderful and friendly ( Is that a BAD thing to say to pirates?).

:lol:All of us thank you for the kind words, Blaze...I mean, Piwo!

A real big "THANK YOU!" goes out to Cheeky for all the hard work she put in as a staff member for RF II, and both Mike's agree we want her on board for RF III!

WHAT?!? Really...you guys want me back?! Ah, crap! I'm all choked up. How the hell am I gonna top next year, Guys?! :lol:

And also a big "THANK YOU" to you all, and one lad in particular, named Pete. Your antics on Friday and Saturday night were a catylist and help move the evenings entertainment right along and insured that everyonehad a great time. A "WELL DONE" to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you, Piwo for keeping Cap'n Pete entertained and Friday and Saturday. That ADD of his and his special needs can really be exhausting. How much do we owe you for babysitting again? :lol: Cheeky!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

:lol:

I am SO enjoying these pictures!

The Time Warp was VERY fun! That should be a staple at each RF event! Get everyone out on the dance floor to do that song! I never cared for RHPS but I LOVED that song for RF2!

Could you all do me a favor?

I'm wanting some more pictures for my photo album of RF2. :) So... if you have any pictures to send my way, I would love to have them to add to the photo ablum. The album is rather... bare.

And... Do let me know what goes with RF3. Cause I showed pictures of RF2 to a classmate and a professor and they are asking about next year now! :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:lol: Well I am looking at all the pictures and one thought comes to mind here, are there any other pictures other than at the dance? I am just wondering? Also any one got a link to the german vd film? we have a couple of guys from work going to deutscheland and thought it would be fun to send to them beforehand.

NVBarbossa

More Polish??

Good! Someone will finally understand me and know what the hell I'm talking about!!!

Rats! (who grew up on the Sout' side of Milwaukee eyh!)

Hey, when it comes to Polishness, don't forget me!!! Hell, at one time I even used as my avatar here the badge for the 1st Polish Armored Division!

As for Poles and pirates... why bother! The coolest possible thing to reenact is ours! Polish Winged Hussars!!!

:ph34r:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

:ph34r: Well I am looking at all the pictures and one thought comes to mind here, are there any other pictures other than at the dance? I am just wondering? Also any one got a link to the german vd film? we have a couple of guys from work going to deutscheland and thought it would be fun to send to them beforehand.

NVBarbossa

I know Skittles and Mr. March still have some pictures to post but that will most likely be pirates and the Generals again. I'm sure Cheeks or our new surgeon "Croaker" Blaze can get you the link. You may wish to check in at the RF2 web page for more pictures... I truly think most of the pictures came from the dance and the historical jeopardy game the night before because no one was "working" during those times.

And I am proud to announce that our team SPQRrrrrrr, actually won a round... and the prize was a boot jack!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: :)

Crewe of the Archangel

As for Poles and pirates... why bother! The coolest possible thing to reenact is ours! Polish Winged Hussars!!!

Ah horsefeathers!! :ph34r:

Crewe of the Archangel