Reenactor Fest 2 2/ 2-4/2007

I do believe Shannon has the other half of this shot...

100_0977.jpg

Just hanging around... er.... how did I take this picture, if I am in it?

100_1008.jpg

I have no caption... just a candid photo...

100_1009.jpg

The Table That Dared Sit Next To Pirates --

100_0972.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I was choking on my own tongue... B)

God, what an awful picture, someone must have a better one surely?

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Some of the Archangel crew hanging out. I fear I will never truly fit in until I stop shaving...

100_0963.jpg

Another shot of the display... I am so incredibly proud of my shipmates.

100_0959.jpg

Captain Sterling and Aurore --

100_0976.jpg

Here's the shot many have been waiting for -- General Grant and General Custer disco dancing to "Staying Alive" (this manuever is known as "Screwing in the Lightbulb"):

100_1055.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

A pair of bonny knees indead from our host!!!

Hmmm....Perhaps we should introduce the idea of having the 'Bonniest Knees Contest' at the next Chicago RF event.

Looks like our Boson may have a bit of competition if we include the Romans and the British military in the game next year!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I believe I was choking on my own tongue... B)

Not I. And I am disappointed that I did not even seek you out for a better picture.

And I have no pictures of the Dealer's room, or any of the other displays (I meant to get one of the Romans. Damn.) But I appear to have over 100 photoos from the weekend. More to come... I promise.

Cheeky? If there is a call from RF2 Management for photos, let me know.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Anyone know how I could upload our slideshow???

I even made it a point to give credit to the Pirate Brethren for the Lockhouse event!

Also, don't say the S word that makes everyone slam their glasses and pound their drink!! 2 guinesses in as many minutes was painful!

Not to mention the liquid sin Merrydeath was pushing!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

It's not so bad, just think of when Merrydeath uploads her video B)

The photo of Mike's knees is funny. I don't think I've seen so many men in "skirts" as at RF. I feel bad that those poor Roman's were so close to the front doors all weekend. Brrr!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Anyone know how I could upload our slideshow???

Hmm...best to ask Mad_Jack about 'streaming' a video or slideshow (I think that's the term for it) on the chat, Rats. I'm sure that he may be able to help.

And yes Chole, we can't wait until Merrydeath shows Foxe at his best!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Oh what fantastic images!

That "Walk Like An Egyptian" one... it didn't focus for me all that well. But oh was that a grand congo line! The Roman leading the line of course. Can't have asked for a better night to have fun! :)

A few images here... enjoy.

Another view of the group of pirates... in our finest...

Groupphoto.jpg

Dancing with Grant and Custer...

DancewithCusterandGrant.jpg

Rats an' Billy... grand image... love this one...

BillieRats.jpg

Sterling and Pete sewing (don't ask)... whilst Old Man & The Sea watches...

PeteSterlingOldMan.jpg

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oooo... some more images, mates! Gonna love these!!!

Pete.... ya know when you and Shannon (Skittles) took pictures of each other as mentioned above of she having the other version of your photo... here's another version of both of ya taking pictures of each other... :D

PeteSkittlesfunphoto.jpg

Pete's attempt at being a Russian version of Lawrence of Arabia...

PeteofArabia.jpg

Rats hounded by the Papparotzi...

RatsPapparotzi.jpg

And this... well... this is either an interesting pic... or a GREAT blackmail pic! ...

PeteRomandancing.jpg

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The photo of Mike's knees is funny. I don't think I've seen so many men in "skirts" as at RF. I feel bad that those poor Roman's were so close to the front doors all weekend. Brrr!

Awww, don't pick on Mike's knees! I thought they were cute :D and right at tickling height! :D

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Not to mention the liquid sin Merrydeath was pushing!

Rats

it was not.. I am entirely innocent on that.. it was limon punch.

It punched you in the gut, snuck up on you, and took your breath away.. thats why I call it Pirate Punch.

Adjusts her halo and pulls a sequin off her right feathery wing..

Innocent I say! I didnt twist anyone's arm to drin... okay only Rat's arm. The rest of you all got drunk by yourselves..

Holds her hands as if in prayer..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

okay.. uploaded onto bucket.. do i use URL or HTML to post?

and any idea how to turn vids clock or countr?

and.. the only pic i have of me at the Ball is too dark to use.. any of me with a smile on my face?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Vicariously? Oh, I can do better than that....

Here is a sample of the candid action you caught if you strayed from the crowd....

100_1024.jpg

...And throw in another reenactor...

100_1026.jpg

-- okay, I am compelled to reveal that the guy in the middle is the father of the blonde... which I find somewhat disturbing....

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

okay.. uploaded onto bucket.. do i use URL or HTML to post?

and any idea how to turn vids clock or countr?

and.. the only pic i have of me at the Ball is too dark to use.. any of me with a smile on my face?

Use IMG. Of course, you can always "Preview Post" first to be sure it works before committing.

And here is one with Rats on your face...

100_1052.jpg

And another from the dance floor.

100_1029.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

thank you Pete.. and someone had a grand time til the end..

CENSORED

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

MDFRIEDRATCHEEKY.jpg

fried rat and cheeky dove

mdwickdlady1.jpg

wickd lady

MDCAESERSINGS.jpg

julius trying to seize her

and the prize.. is in the hot tub..

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

PeteRomandancing.jpg

Okay, I forgot about that... but that was the second dance I had with a guy that evening.

I only just remembered earlier this evening... some guy had asked me out on the dance floor during the ball. I thought I recalled it it was a fast dance, until I remembered that he wanted to lead. (Doesn't someone only lead in a slow dance?)

I thought nothing of it at the time (I am secure enough with myself to think nothing of dancing with another man) -- but now I recall he stopped by the booth on Sunday, rather interested in hanging around more than asking questions about pirates. And he seemed rather put off when I left to go get something to drink.

Hmmm....

Um, does anybody think I was sending out mixed signals? I thought I was doing adequately well advertising the "Not Available" thing to the ladies, but I never thought I might need to widen my potential consumer base. Or perhaps it was misperceived as "Not Available To Ladies."

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I think "Cheeky" Actress is going to have to justify her epithet, as she clearly has competition.

Um, perhaps that's the last copy of that angle that should be put up on the Internet, 'kay? How about more innocent shots? Like maybe of me dancing with men?

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg