Ojai Pirate Festival

Pirate Petee

Headin' Souht with me wife, daughter, dog ...with Redd strapped to the top of the van!!

That makes for a heck of a mental picture, Ace.

I finished all six of my rum cakes. Jack and I are trying to figure out how to fit yet more in the back of the rental van. We have A LOT of stuff to take.

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that your lady and lass won't be there, was lookin ferward to meetin them.......another day another time.......that be fer sure. see ye in a few hours.........ar we ther yet? B)

Caroleen Cross

Stayin Single....seein double....sleepin tripple

A World without Pirates.......I'd rather be Dead!

Van's packed, one more cannon to pick up and we're headed down to Ojai!

I've been chuckling all morning about what we'd say if we were pulled over and they asked us what was in the back of our van.

"Well, officer, we've got three cannons, some skeletons, black powder, pyrotechnics, rum, swords, guns, knives..."

RHJMap.jpg

Well...

Petee, Diego,etc. et all...

I will not be able to party like a pirate with you at this wonderous event.

Folks from Tales, hope you all have fun and thank you for the fund-raising that you're doing this weekend.

I will not be making it after all. Not only is my wife not feeling well but she ended up in emergency and will be in the hosptial for a few days.

She had something go wrong with her heart. Her sinus rhythm was all screwed up and her heart rate was incredibly high.

They brought that all back to normal by this morning but now she has severe anemia overnight. They are affraid she's losing blood somewhere.

It's probably something related to her disease and it's now progressing . Same is true of her diabetes apparently.

SO she can use the money for the wheelchair lift that Tales of the Seven Seas will be trying to raise this weekend more than ever.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Have a rum for me will ya?

:blink:

thank you Christine a Petee.

It means a lot... even coming from scurvy pirates.

Be sure to stop by the Tales camp and buy a slice of rum cake. It's amazingly good and the money will be put to good use.

Come to think of it, drag everyone ya know over to pick up some fine piratical items.

Damn I wish we were there.

Back to the hospital soon.

It sure is comforting to know I have the old pub to come to when the house seems so empty.

Well...

Petee, Diego,etc. et all...

I will not be able to party like a pirate with you at this wonderous event.

Folks from Tales, hope you all have fun and thank you for the fund-raising that you're doing this weekend.

I will not be making it after all. Not only is my wife not feeling well but she ended up in emergency and will be in the hosptial for a few days.

SO she can use the money for the wheelchair lift that Tales of the Seven Seas will be trying to raise this weekend more than ever.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Have a rum for me will ya?

:lol:

Awww... lad, my very best you your lady and lass.

There will be a special candle on my alter for her tonight...

And as an aside, I have to wonderful things for the auction for the funds for the lift.

I asked for and recieved from the generous Mr. Lee Arenberg (Pintel in Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl) two WONDERFUL autographed photos. One for a PIRATE and one for a BAWDY WENCH.

All will be well lad, you and your family are in our scandalous hearts and thoughts and prayers. :)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Oh Ace, I hope yer wife is feeling better soon. My prayers are with you and your family.

Let us raise a shot of rum together for the tales we shall enjoy from our friends when they return and I want to hear some good ones. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye, Ace, ye don't know me, lad, I am relatively new around these parts, but I was just following this thread and wish to pass along my well wishes to you and your wife. I hope she will soon be out of the hospital and doing much better, and you both will be in me prayers. :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Thank you John, Pearl and Captain Midnight. SO far so good,still running tests and observing. They don't really understand much about her disease, so it's a crap shoot.

I will let her know there are pirates from all over rooting for her :)

And Bess... Thank you so very much. That's absolutely fantastic! And my thanks and admiration to "Mr. Pintel" as he comes through for us yet again. It appears he's a great person as well as actor.

Well, off to the hospital to get more info. And I hope those of you going to Ojai today have a wonderful time. Drink some rum and black powder for me!! :ph34r:

Avast ye!..The first day 'o the fest seemed to go well, with lotsa vendors, pirates, and assorted ren faire types doin' wot they like to do!....Got another good earful from New Providence singing whilst we arrived, and stopped in at both the 'Tales' and PRP encampments..Didn't see as many familiar faces at the Rumrunners, but oh well!...Most likely, we'll head up again as soon as the public starts thinnin' here at the ship in harbor..(it's only 20 minutes away, with windy road traffic)......Now, where's the rum, eh??

<_<

I be with Killian, I wish I had someone t'ride up there with - especially with t'price o'fuel these days. <_<

Ace me lad, me Jedi knight persona be sending healing Force thoughts fer yer mate and me pirate one be cursin' t'powers that be (but also prayin' fer her recovery).

What the Tales group be doin' is a mighty fine thing an' I wishes I could be there t'contribute (and try t'gets me one o'them Pintel portraits!).

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I've been getting updates from Ojai and it sure sounded GREAT! We were so sorry to hae missed it. BUT! Lisa is coming home today! (Mon.)

They are still running tests and are not quite sure why everything that happended did, but they feel certain that they have her heart under control and her anemia is not that bad. Her blood count is almost normal. They are not sure why it dropped so rapidly in the first place but it didn't appear to be internal bleeding or anything scary like that.

She kept her spirits up the whole time knowing that everyone here (even though she not a pub type) was pulling for her and that folks at Ojai were down there having a good time and sharing the love at the same time.

Thanks again to all of you. A finer group of skalliwags I couldn't hope to meet. (and maybe next Ojai I'll get ta meet all of ye)

:ph34r:

Yay - I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't as serious as was once thought. Lisa must be happy to be going back home.

Ace, you and Lisa were in everyone's thoughts. The lads did you proud; some of them dressed in drag to be auctioned off as "pirate queens" - I'm sure the pics will be available soon. Redd camped it up and was hysterically funny and I can't begin to describe how Bob looked in a coconut bra and grass skirt and Patt in a gold sparkly bra top and bracelets. And Redd and Rich stayed in drag to help auction off the rest of the items. I saw them all in a whole new light! :ph34r:

To everyone who purchased our items at the auction, thanks! And if you were smart and got one of my rum cakes, I hope you enjoyed it.

RHJMap.jpg