Ojai Pirate Festival

Pirate Petee

I don't have one yet. I'm glad to hear it holds up reasonably well, though. You got it at Fireblood?

Our sword rack is already full (although a couple are more decorative than others) so we need to be making a second one, since we keep finding swords we like.

Well, this holds up reasonable well for being a mass produced sword.

I discovered a long time ago to (shudder) suck up the pain of buying a really GOOD weapon to *work* with. Over the long haul I've found that the $400 to $1800 ;) I've spent on any single weapon has paid for itself in not having to replace it time and time again. AND they are custom fit to your grip and balance. ( I like Lundegaard Armoury for one...) If you plan on doing this for the long haul I recommend finding your sword for life partners. Those swords always take good care of you!

Now true enough I only have a few of these expensive custom weapons and the Fireblood sword has held up well so for teaching or faire to faire use they might do right nicely.

Besides.... after a fashion your students need to bear the cost of their OWN weapons. Mine need to purchase theirs after 15 months of training. By then they really know if they are going to stick with it. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaarrrr!

On me ramblings on the internet, I found this here gent's gallery o' photos.

Thar be pictures of OJAI here (like 900 of them!)...and, if you look through the Casa de Fruita gallery, ye kin find a picture o' me and Ace of Harbor Bay wandering the streets of the faire!

Enjoy!

http://www.renaissancefaire.us/

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Yaaarrrr!

On me ramblings on the internet, I found this here gent's gallery o' photos.

Thar be pictures of OJAI here (like 900 of them!)...and, if you look through the Casa de Fruita gallery, ye kin find a picture o' me and Ace of Harbor Bay wandering the streets of the faire!

Enjoy!

http://www.renaissancefaire.us/

ROTDLMBAO!!!

He got a picture of the puppy!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

How does that thing walk?

Well.... the truth is...

She was 8 weeks and 15 lbs at faire.

She is now 13 weeks and 34 lbs (as of Friday) She does have a bit of trouble walking as she falls over her ever growing feet however... we had a slight mishap last Wedensday night.

She turned her head one way, I turned mine towrds her and with her little razor sharp canine tooth she split my upper lip open like a dancers legs. 4 stitches outside 3 inside.

Bless her little Pirate-puppy heart. :huh:

(chuckle) Now m'fellow crew mates are calling her *Blood-Thirsty Phoebe*

What a handle to be stuck with, huh?? :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif