Ojai Pirate Festival

Pirate Petee

Dread Pyrate Gregory's Top Ten Memories from Ojai (kinda fuzzy still recovering)

10. Daily Battle, last because of the chaos and me flintlocks misfired!

9. Rum Runners floor show/video retrospect & pirate wedding (who else would give out little bottles of rum as favors)

8. Anyone for a game of Hot Grenado?

7. Meeting Diego and Pirate Petee from Pyracy Pub, and the crew from the Port of the Black Sail, fine scoundrels indeed.

6. Our new crewmates Iron Hand (an excellent auctioneer) and Blackdragon, awesome work mates!

5. A visit from Cap'n Gary of the Royaliste, seems like Sandy and Jazzy were enjoying their shore leave.

4. The TOT7Cs encampment. Looked like our crew had set ashore after plundering a treasure galleon. The hidden privy was very nice.

3. The Bloddy Scupper Plunder Club - need I say more?

2. A pinata filled with chocolate treasure chests and mini rum bottles! What more could a pirate ask for?...

1. The auctions on both days wre the highlight of the weekend for me. Folks were returning items so we could auction them again and raise more money! Very generous pirates indeed. The wench auction was a blast, I wonder if this will be the only appearance of the Sisterhood of the Lioness?

I'm proud to be associated with such a group of cutthroats!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ace (as I left early Friday and only heard of yer sitiation as it were unfolding and the likes) Our prayers they were with ye.. I bought a couple things at the auction and were happy to find out it were going to you and yours. In fact we all took a minute during the BBQ and gave our strengths to your needs.... another time me ole son... another time.

Diego my friend, thank you for the good thoughts and the support.

I plan on being at Fresno and making it one hell of a high toned and fancy to-do!!

I hope that many of ye fine Skalliwags can make it. :lol:

I plan on being at Fresno and making it one hell of a high toned and fancy to-do!!

I hope that many of ye fine Skalliwags can make it. :huh:

And we're thrilled with the good news about your Fair Lady Ace... :huh:

The candles still burn and out thoughts for you all continue.

Much huggage lad so you pass it along... :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Many thanks Bess.

I have been keeping her informed af all the wonderful people wishing her well and she is quite touched by it. I am very sure it has done her a world of good.

I still have yet to meet you in the flesh Bess...but one of these days!

(Doffing m'hat)

At you're service good Magician! We know so many of the same folk I canna see how it can be very long before we meet eye to eye.

Again, my best to your Lass and your family.

With the power of so many good thoughts (even from the likes of Pirates...) It seems to me she can't help but feel buoyed, even at so far a distance.

We are ALL here for you lad. :)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ojai posted on Webshots :P I forgot to take the digital camera, so I am just taking the film in today.

Click on JUST SHOW ME THE PICS!

aye they be right with the almighty they be. Ace thar be one in there where the full ship did in fact get down and pray my ole son and bringin the almighty himself into yer family as we beckoned the call to yer needs be....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Did Rummy share our adventures on the high seas at Ojai? Well, let me tell the tale o why many sailors think that havin woman on board a ship brings bad luck.

Picture this: 3 pyrate wenches get a private cruise in Capt'n Mike's pirate ship on the lake at Ojai, Rummy, Puss'n'boots and meself. We be tipsy and havin a great time. Capt'n Mike finally gets the motor running, after about 15 mins o tryin, we get a good couple hundred yards from the dock and the engine stops. O course we never could get it to start again, and had to beg a passin fisherman to tow up to the dock. Now durin all of this, the pyrates on shore have been waitin to have a battle with us, so jest as we get to the dock, they open fire on us! Rogues! O course we pyrate wenches couldna stand by, so we opened fire with our own cannons, we had a blast ( literally ). O course the Capt'n and his first mate made us climb outta the boat, hence the pictures of us climbin under and over the railing.

Memories.....what a life!

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

Lads and lasses heres the scoop Dick the promoter of Ojai just sent me this e-mail and I feel as though ye should all be knowin of how important our piratage is in the world:

You should have been there on Monday, it rained buckets for 5 hours!!!! it would have killed us if it happened on Sunday. We were very pleased with the attendence for the weekend, it renewed our hope for the pirates! We were suffering for the last few years because of low attendence but kept going because we love to do pirates. I think the biggest factor was the beautiful weather and word of mouth, we had over 900 costumed re-enactors last weekend, making it the WORLDS LARGEST Pirate gathering, you can quote me on that!................Dick

Huzzah!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Huzzah indeed!

SOooo....I take it their numbers were good enough to bring on another year? It's nice to hear of success with something as special as the Ojai Pirate Faire.

Redd I swear to God your picture is so much better than the old one! Yeh! It's a pirates life for Dick and all of us!

Did Rummy share our adventures on the high seas at Ojai? Well, let me tell the tale o why many sailors think that havin woman on board a ship brings bad luck.

Picture this: 3 pyrate wenches get a private cruise in Capt'n Mike's pirate ship on the lake at Ojai, Rummy, Puss'n'boots and meself. We be tipsy and havin a great time. Capt'n Mike finally gets the motor running, after about 15 mins o tryin, we get a good couple hundred yards from the dock and the engine stops. O course we never could get it to start again, and had to beg a passin fisherman to tow up to the dock. Now durin all of this, the pyrates on shore have been waitin to have a battle with us, so jest as we get to the dock, they open fire on us! Rogues! O course we pyrate wenches couldna stand by, so we opened fire with our own cannons, we had a blast ( literally ). O course the Capt'n and his first mate made us climb outta the boat, hence the pictures of us climbin under and over the railing.

Good thing there was a fisherman handy; Jack had brought an inflatable with a motor on this trip and we considered running back to get it.

We felt pretty badly for you. Okay, not badly enough to not fire our cannons at you once you got back, but pretty badly. Were you firing the small cannons on the boat or pistols??

RHJMap.jpg

Thank ye Rummy an' Petee fer postin' the great pics B)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Good thing there was a fisherman handy; Jack had brought an inflatable with a motor on this trip and we considered running back to get it.

We felt pretty badly for you. Okay, not badly enough to not fire our cannons at you once you got back, but pretty badly. Were you firing the small cannons on the boat or pistols??

Not to be tootin me own horn, but WHAT THE H#LL?!?!?

You couldn't get back to shore because the motor went out on a SAILBOAT?!?!

Well, that's what you get for having Rick as first mate. First he wears a kilt, so he's obviously not a sailor. Second, he told me himself that he doesn't know a lick about sailing which is evident since you all were not able to get back to shore. Third, those men were not thinking with their heads (on top of their necks) because they would know you can't sail at 15ft with 5 adults (and their gear) on board.

Now if I had been there, we would have made it back to shore because I don't need a motor to sail. Also, you wouldn't have had to climb under the dock slates because I can dock, under sail, where the opening is. I think Mike does this just to get a good look at all the lasses @sses. B) You know the Captain is always the last to exit the boat. B)

Wish I could have been there. B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Also Mates,

Thanks for the pictures. Thank You Petee! I especially love the pics of the lasses on the Privateer. Thank You, Rummy!

Perhaps next year, I will have "Scraping By" properly outfitted as to take on the Privateer. Not in a cannon battle as I don't have the cash for cannons, but perhaps, at least, in a race. (The Royaliste rolls his eyes?)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.