Ojai Pirate Festival

Pirate Petee

Since ye be talkin of other faires, anyone out there goin to Hanford the 1st weekend of October? I have never been, but plan to go this year and was hopin to see some familiar faces up there.

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the absolute best driving directions to Ojai.

For those in Southern Calif. who are going to Ojai, follow these directions and you will avoid all the LA traffic.

For those already in the Los Angeles area:

Take the 5 freeway north all the way past Magic Mountian. Take the 126, (go left at the off ramp) and follow the 126 all the way to the end where it meets up with the 101. The exit for Ojai is just a short jaunt down the 101. Take Highway 33 all the way into Ojai. Turn left at Santa Ana (there's a stop light there), follow it to the end and turn right. Follow it along Lake Casitas, the entrance to the event will be on your left.

*Note: for those in the Pasadena area, take the 210 north where it meets up with the 5 freeway, follow directions above. You'll be thankfull you did!

For those in Orange County and south, take the 57 freeway north to where it turns into the 210 going towards Pasadena. Take the 210 all the way to where it meets with the 5 freeway. From there, follow the directions above as it goes past Magic Mountian.

*Note, go north on the 210 where it meets up with the 134, that way you'll avoid the downtown Glendale and Burbank traffic!

Stay away from taking the 101 all the way through the valley, it sucks and is a major stop and go situation! It's a total nightmare!

The 126 goes past a lot of farmland, and there's food stops in Fillmore for the hungry.

There is a back way into Ojai from Santa Paula, but it's long and has some nasty switchbacks.

By going this route you'll be very happy you did. Less traffic to deal with.

Rumba Rue the well seasoned driver of this route for years.

Ohhh... Nice Sig Ace. And Patrick I'll be looking fer those bottles.

Thanks Pete. I was bored at work today and so I decided to finally put one together. The skull is the one tattooed on me arm.

I surely hope to meet you at Ojai !! Be sure to catch my show or stop by and have a drink at the 7C's encampment.

And I'm serious about entertaining friends with my finest sleight of hand up close and in person...and free of charge! B)

I am going to get off work meself early so as to not miss yer performance me friend! I'll be bringin the likes a six wit me as well! Leave yer hat out won't you!

Aye Diego! My shows are at 3:30 each day now, so hopefully you can catch one!

And the bigger the crowd the better as my only means of payment WILL be the passing of the hat at the finale!!

So drag as much of the public with you as you can and I'll pilfer me weasly black guts out!! B)

Ah, so there's no faire at all this weekend?  I always thought this faire ran 2 weekends.

escondido (where you live) goes two weekends but alas girl another year slips by without the likes a seein ye at fair again! (ye really do need ta gets out)

I think the reason why I'm not running up to every faire all over Southern California is cuz I've done that all before. I used to go to a lot of faires for many years. Even worked at the one faire during high school. I guess I got slightly burnt out just over a year ago. I still like to go and all that, but only when they're close by now.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Pirate Petee... I be glad ter meet y at Ojai... I be with Tales Of the Seven Seas...... campin just next ter the rum runners..... Just look fer th' lean to an the drunk Pyrate wit alla th' rum bottles...... (or ask anyone from Tales of the Seven Seas.......)

And Rumba...... look out... a drunk Pyrate may wanna kiss from you....

I am very dissapointed that Christine can"t make it...... damn... I drive seven houres do get there, and she just can't find the time to show up...... I wanted to get the chance to meet her, and .....Oh well................

and Diego and Rummy will be there.....

going to be a short week......(after the Nor Cal Renn Faire.....)

Dang.................... Thar be tymes when life be good.....................

Still mad that Christine wont be thar............................... (and I sooo wanted to meat her)

Blaime it on the rum

Jimmy Buffet

Well I not be Christine, but ifin ye be lookin to meet a fem-fatal, looks no further, Scarlet will be makin the rounds at Ojai (sounds like I be a super hero or something dont it?)HaHA

Did I hear rum bottles? Now there will be no gettin rid o me til they be drunk dry! Tales of the Seven Seas? Were you ( or they ) at Bakersfield pirate weekend? I met a wonderous group of sailor at that port and would love to be meetin them again. I'll even brings me own rum to share... :)

Scarlet McBayne

" Touch not the Cat without a Sheild " McBayne motto

"red is the Rose in yander garden grows

Fair is the Lily of the Valley"

To those disappointed, I'm sorry. But iffn' ye go the first weekend of Escondido faire in October I plan on going. I'd say most likely Sunday instead of Saturday. Remember, that's the first weekend of that faire, not the 2nd weekend. That's when I'll be in New Jersey, most likely meeting Pyrate Phil. :D

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Patrick, I'll be totally looking forward to meeting you and Ace, and the rest o your crew. We will have to lift a tankard or two together. :D No worries Christine, I'm sur sure we will run into each other sooner or later at one of the fairs. Besides I dont think it would be safe for two people who share the same thought process to be at the same place at the same time. "It's good to be the king." :D 4 MORE DAYS! :D

Petee-2.jpg