movie quotes game

Fancy

Aye it be that and a whole war more exactly I'm not fer certs but it were covered in the Battle o the Bulge and Patton

ok then Duchess gives us yers?

Well, see now the pressure is on. I've just been posting quotes as I watched movies, but now it's too early to have watched a movie today.

Here's one I think I've remembered correctly.

Guy 1: Have we anything like a plan?

Guy 2. MMmhhmm. Ride like hell till we find them and then kill them all.

Ha ha! That's it! Harry Pottor #3. The book was better, but isn't it always? A great movie none the less :lol:

Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite book in the series, mostly because I like Lupin's character. The movie doesn't do him justice, though. (He's fine, but certainly not what I had visualized.)

I'm afraid I don't know Duchess' quote, so nothing to add there.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yeah. I think I'll give this one up. The quote is from 13th Warrior Ibn asks the question and Herger replies, about hunting the nameless evil.

Duchess

Taint an easy one...but 'ere be another from the same film. Maybe this'll help a bit:

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream..."

Well, I don't recognize the first quote, but the second one is definitely from The Shawshank Redemption. A noble sentiment.

Ok, I spent 12 hours driving Friday and yesterday and had loads of time to let my mind wander. I came up with a whole slew of quotes the I recalled from movies I liked. Most of them should be easy. For some reason, many of them have a disturbing dog theme, so enjoy that. Free for all:

1. "Nice f---ing model!"

2. "Ok...so...she's a dog."

3. "Is one of us supposed to be a dog in this scenario?"

4. "The dog? You were named after the dog?"

5. "I want you to stay here." "Why?" "Because I hate you."

6. "Time travel, it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts." (Not from BTTF.)

7. "Is it written in the stars that we are destined to fraternize? I'd like to think so. Ha, ha ha!"

8. "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

9. (Aussie accent) "They should all be destroyed!"

10. "Well, ain't this town a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"

11. "I am Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan!"

12. "Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck!"

That oughta keep you busy... B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

4.. yes, I remember now... it was Sean Connery's line wasn't it?

but 10 is definitely O Brother Where Art Thou. B) when Everette is trying to buy his hair treatment... they only had Fop but he's a Dapper Dan man!

Fancy

B)

actually, I'm quite fond of your wild ass... B)

Ok... gotta add these to the guess list... call it number 13... I hope I remember them right:

13. "You're about as useful as a poopie flavored lollipop."

Fancy

#1 is Beetlejuice, that part was sadly cut out of some of the VHF versions of the movie :(

The Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite of the books too, and I am also dispointed by the Lupin character's looks. In the book he is drawn as a handsome long haired type..and well you saw the movie. Gildroy Lockhardt in movie 2 didn't look quite right either though. The acting of both actors was good though.

#1 is Beetlejuice, that part was sadly cut out of some of the VHF versions of the movie :(

The Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite of the books too, and I am also dispointed by the Lupin character's looks. In the book he is drawn as a handsome long haired type..and well you saw the movie. Gildroy Lockhardt in movie 2 didn't look quite right either though. The acting of both actors was good though.

Cut out? Blasphemy! "We've come for your daughter, Chuck!"

Lupin handsome? See, that's the great thing about books - you get to choose. I never pictured Lupin as being handsome, I pictured him as being haggard. The duke of haggard. I pictured his hair as being stringy and matted.

My stars! Where did you ever get that awful hairdo? It doesn't become you at all. Here, for goodness sakes, lemme fix it up. Look how stingy and messy it is. What a shame! Such an interesting monster, too. My stars, if an interesting monster can't have an interesting hairdo, then I don't know what things are coming to. In my business you meet so many interesting people. Bobby pins please. But the most interesting ones are the monsters. Oh dear, that'll never stay. We'll just have to have a permenenant.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I never pictured Lupin as being handsome, I pictured him as being haggard. The duke of haggard. I pictured his hair as being stringy and matted.

Good point. I was basing my idea off the illustrations of him at the beginning of some of the chapters. He was (by my standards) handsome in those illustrations, but those illustrations didn't really show him as battered as he should have been. In that case, the movie did the book character more justice.

Hints all around!

Diego, one of those quotes should be one I would think you would know.

(#8) (Although, maybe not...I keep thinking you like a certain type of movie and I'm wrong.)

2, 3 and 7 are all from movies we've discussed recently in this thread.

I'll give you two of the "hard" ones:

#5 is one of the funniest lines from Cats & Dogs (which is worth seeing if you haven't seen it).

#6 is from Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time.

#9 is also on the pinball game for this movie - when you enter one of the multi-ball modes. :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

I don't know if this is right, but every time I read #8, it brings to mind "Pearl Harbor"...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Well, as if ye don't have confusion enough ta deal with, I'll make it worse. Figgure this one out, It shouldn't be hard, So I'll put a few more with it that could be:

"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"

If you can't get it, you need ta have a little talk with MY boomstick, :lol:

"Come on you apes! You want to live forever?"

I love that one, ALOT! (the book's better though...)

Person 1: "Have fun stormin' da castle."

Person 2: "Think it'll work?"

Person 1:: "It would take a miracle."

Man 1: "Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?"

Man 2: "Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future. "

"On my signal, unleash hell."

Let's see...

"Army of Darkness"

"Starship Troopers" (the quote is actually a real quote from Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt Dan Daly during the battle for Belleau Wood in WWI... he said, "Come on you sons a ******, do you wanna live forever?!?" He went on to win his second Medal of Honor...)

The next two are from "Princess Bride"

And the last could be from any number of war movies, but I believe you are referring to Russell Crowe in "Gladiator"

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I don't know if this is right, but every time I read #8, it brings to mind "Pearl Harbor"...

Nope. (Well, if it was in there, I sure wouldn't know. That movie looked awful and I avoided it like the plague - a PC war movie? I think not...) Right topic, though.

TheCaptainWilliam, you of all people should know #7.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Tora, Tora, Tora, perhaps? Its gotta be along those lines, cuz Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said this to his aides after the attack on Pearl Harbor...

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast