movie quotes game

Fancy

No, no, no, no! This is from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes:

"What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful and brilliant? That she loved Mozart and Bach, the Beatles, and me?"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ok, one more and then it's someone else's turn to submit a quote:

"They're after us. They know we're still in here."

"They're after the place. They don't know why, they just remember. Remember that they want to be in here."

"What the hell are they?"

"They're us that's all, when there's no more room in hell."

Is it Dawn of the Dead? (I'm guessing)

My last one was UHF, that silly Weird Al movie

Yes, that's it. The original... *sniff* ...not that...new...thing. :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sideways?

Nope, I haven't seen that movie.

I'm going to throw out a second, quote that is too obscure, just for fun. Of course this is the translated version.

"I've always admired you for a great fighter. And now, you show up with a wooden sword. How disapointing."

The first one is The Big Lebowski I don't know that second one.

Ok, a virtual nickel to anyone who gets this one. I believe it's extremely tough. This was a replacement line used in the TV version of this movie back when (first clue!) you couldn't say 'ass' on prime time. If I gave you the actual line, you'd know instantly as it's practically synonymous with the film. It is not (second clue) anything Diego says. :D

I'll even give you the lead in lines used in both versions:

"What happened? Did you see it? What is it?"

"What a knockabout of pure fun that was!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here's another line from that same movie that also was changed. I don't know what they changed it to, though.

"Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!"

My very obscure quote was from a 1970's kung fu movie called Screaming Tiger.

Your virtual nickel, madam:

bufb37r.jpg

Now, honestly, how did you know that? I only remember it from seeing it on network TV! I thought it was such an odd line that I still remember it. Is it on the DVD or something? Is Google really that powerful? Or are you just a vast font of useless movie knowledge like I'm? (Speaking of prehistoric, I only have a raggedy old VHS copy of Ghostbusters, so I don't know what's on the DVD.)

I never saw Screaming Tiger. It reminded me of the scene in Zatoichi where the Bodyguard/Samuri went back to his teacher to fight him to regain his honor from losing an earlier fight and discovered that the teacher didn't own an actual sword. This despite the teacher's earlier line, "Using sticks isn't the art of combat. A true samuri will use his sword."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thank you very much for the virtual nickel, a buffalo no less!

It was the intro line that gave it away. And that movie was one of my favorites as child. So maybe a very limited font of useless movie knowledge...

The context of the Screaming Tiger quote is a little unclear. (There is an awful lot that happens off screen in this movie) I think that the evil japanese guy had gone to china to learn chinese kung fu. But he fell out with his chinese master and so they met on a the beach to fight, but the master brought only a wooden sword. I think that the master was eventually beaten (but that happened off screen too) since the japanese guy went on to kill a whole village full of chinese people, and a dojo full of koreans.

Duchess

Buffalo nickels are the coolest. I used to collect them when I was a kid. (I bought them at a coin store! I'm not that old!) That also happens to be (just noticed this) the extremely rare 3 legged buffalo nickel produced in '37. Spend it wisely, they sometimes go for tens of thousands of dollars.

That beach scene also harkens to a scene in Zatoichi where the masseur faces the samuri. Interesting. I've read that, in addition to making really strange game shows, Takeshi Kitano is a huge samuri film fan.

How about this one:

"I ain't got that old engine so clean in years; inside and out, miss. Just look at her, miss! She practically sparkles. Myself too. Guess you ain't never had a look at me without whiskers and all cleaned up, have you, miss? Freshens you up, too; if I only had clean clothes, like you. Now you: why you could be at high tea."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Buffalo nickels are the coolest. I used to collect them when I was a kid. (I bought them at a coin store! I'm not that old!) That also happens to be (just noticed this) the extremely rare 3 legged buffalo nickel produced in '37. Spend it wisely, they sometimes go for tens of thousands of dollars.

That beach scene also harkens to a scene in Zatoichi where the masseur faces the samuri. Interesting. I've read that, in addition to making really strange game shows, Takeshi Kitano is a huge samuri film fan.

How about this one:

"I ain't got that old engine so clean in years; inside and out, miss. Just look at her, miss! She practically sparkles. Myself too. Guess you ain't never had a look at me without whiskers and all cleaned up, have you, miss? Freshens you up, too; if I only had clean clothes, like you. Now you: why you could be at high tea."

I don't know that one. I admit that I googled it, so I won't share the answer.

I'm now off with the dremel and roll of buffalo nickels for some surgery.

:blink:

Duchess

Can you show me how to use a Dremel? I've had one for years and never used it. Maybe you can give a class using your roll of nickels. Hopefully you've got a roll of the right year. :blink:

I don't know the above quote. Mick Belker on Hill Street Blues? Mine was from The African Queen. You gotta love Kate Hepburn.

How about this one (it should be easy):

"You Idiots! You've captured their stunt doubles!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Can you show me how to use a Dremel? I've had one for years and never used it. Maybe you can give a class using your roll of nickels. Hopefully you've got a roll of the right year. :P

I don't know the above quote. Mick Belker on Hill Street Blues? Mine was from The African Queen. You gotta love Kate Hepburn.

How about this one (it should be easy):

"You Idiots! You've captured their stunt doubles!"

Spaceballs!

I used to respect you. And now you show up and cannot use a dremel? How disspointing. :blink:

They are great little tools. I admit to going into hardware stores and oggling the attachments and bits. To use: select bit, install. Plug in, turn on and use. I've used mine to fix chairs, alter cameras, make chain mail, engrave anything from my tool box to blown glass, make jewelry and many other things. I'm starting to sound like the suggestion book that comes with the tool!

Duchess

For some reason, the Dremel reminds me of that old Operation! game commercial..."It takes a very steady hand..."

No, no, no! I work with big stuff - lathes, band saws, power grinders and cordless...well, cordless everythings. I bought the Dremel to work on my resin gremlin model that is sadly languishing. (I swear if I put half as much energy into working on that thing as I do whinging about it, it would have been finished two years ago.)

If I remember, I'll post a pic of the sort of things I design and sometimes build (although I typically farm most of the work out) as soon as I think to actually take a picture of one. (Honestly, they're not all that exciting to look at - really). Boy, that will just fit right into this thread, it will.

For now, enjoy :blink: this - my own form of dental surgery from deep in the bowels of my web site. At least it sort of fits into this topic:

raptorteeth_small.JPG

Mission_banner5.JPG

"You tell those spiders, Ron."

Mission_banner5.JPG

"You know what we need? Some rope."

"What are you, insane?"

"No, I'm serious. Charlie Bronson's always got a rope. In the movies, they've always got rope and they always end up using it."

"That's stupid. Name one fuckn thing you're gonna need a rope for."

"It's not what they need it for, they just always need it."

There run with THAT now will yah? Bwahahaha!

"You know what we need? Some rope."

"What are you, insane?"

"No, I'm serious. Charlie Bronson's always got a rope. In the movies, they've always got rope and they always end up using it."

"That's stupid. Name one fuckn thing you're gonna need a rope for."

"It's not what they need it for, they just always need it."

There run with THAT now will yah? Bwahahaha!

Boondock Saints Excellent movie!

I've just put the documentary about Troy Duffy into my netflix list, can't wait to see what a foolish jerk he is.

My quote above was from Four Rooms, Tim Roth as the bell boy says as he's describing his night at work to the boss.

Duchess