movie quotes game

Fancy

Yep. That was quite a movie about quite an event.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

---------------Ok, take THIS! (bwahahahaha)---------------------------

Man 1: "Which did you like better? Jedi or The Empire Strikes Back?"

Man 2:: "Empire."

Man1: "Blasphemy!"

Man 2: "Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

-----------------------and THIS!!!----------------------------------------

This is your life and it's ending, one minute at a time.

-----------------------or THIS!-------------------------------------------

1: "What's wrong?"

2: "It just feels so weird."

1: "You mean that Mr. Arrow's dead?"

2: "Yeah, that... and my pants are filled with starfish."

1: "You and your hobbies."

---------------------------and summa THIS!!!---------------------------

"The entire British empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken "

1: "Ah! They shot me!"

2: "Well, shoot em back!"

3: "Jesus, (name of 1), couldn't you have got smokeless cartridges? I can't see a bloody thi-- Ah! I've been shot!"

2: "Look, will everyone stop gettin' shot! "

-----------------------Bwahahaha! Do those!----------------------------

TheCaptainWilliam Posted on May 10 2005, 03:50 PM

Wow! Morgan, did you even have ta think? That was unfeasable!

Those were good quotes, mate... they just happened to be from some of my all time favorite flicks!

The first just yells Kevin Smith, but I'm not sure which movie its from... Jay and Silent Bob? Clerks? Hmm...

1: "What's wrong?"

2: "It just feels so weird."

1: "You mean that Mr. Arrow's dead?"

2: "Yeah, that... and my pants are filled with starfish."

1: "You and your hobbies."

Muppet's Treasure Island? :)

"The entire British empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken "

1: "Ah! They shot me!"

2: "Well, shoot em back!"

3: "Jesus, (name of 1), couldn't you have got smokeless cartridges? I can't see a bloody thi-- Ah! I've been shot!"

2: "Look, will everyone stop gettin' shot! "

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels? :ph34r:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Man 2: "Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets.

-------------------------------------------

Clerks, if memory serves

RHJMap.jpg

Alright, alright, ye got me again.... I thought for SURE I'd get ya with those lock stock and 2 smoking barrels quotes... Lets see If you can manage me... SUPER SECRET WEAPON!!!!

"Only one man could kill this many russians..."

Now, don't cheat and google this one, because the first of ye to get it, wins 15 Pyrate Bonus Points!!!

All Jedi had was a bunch of muppets.
:) Sy Snootles, indeed...

No, I'd recognize it if it were from a Bond pic. Well, maybe not if it were from The Man With the Golden Gun...

Attack of the 50' Woman? What are Pyrate Bonus Points good for?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Definately not Bond, not even Man With the Golden Gun...

Maybe Rambo III?

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Definately not Bond, not even Man With the Golden Gun...

:rolleyes:

That was a joke. I've even seen that gawdawful pic three or four times. De plane! De plane! Harold Sakata must have been rolling around in his (very large) grave. (Oops, he was actually alive then.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Man 2: "Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets.

-------------------------------------------

Clerks, if memory serves

Is it Clerks?

Yeah. Although every one of the five (soon to be six) pics in his Jersey Trilogy contains a SW reference, that one is from clerks.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I knew it!!! Just haven't seen Clerks in a while... (psst... Man with the Golden Gun wasn't nearly as bad as Moonraker... blehh... even though, I've watched 'em both about a dozen times! :rolleyes: )

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

The best SW quote (or theoretical discussion, if you will) in clerks was this one:

"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but what are you talking about?"

"The ending of Return of the Jedi"

"My friend here is trying to convince me that any independent contractors working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when it was destroyed by the Rebels."

and

"All right, so even if independent contractors are working on the Death Star, why are you uneasy with its destruction?"

:rolleyes:

Geez, Capt. Morgan you are a glutton for punishment. Put 'em together with A View to a Kill and have yourself a masochistic Bond weekend. ;)

_______

"No, I'm not really James Bond..." -Roger Moore, "The Talented Husband", The Saint TV series

Mission_banner5.JPG

You really think Moonraker is worse? The premise is more outlandish, that's for sure. Lois Chiles is pretty wooden, but she's better than Britt Eckland. Britt ought to be put out of our misery in that film. She defined and refined the term "dumb blonde". The only saving grace was Christopher Lee. True note: TMWTGG was the film that nearly killed the series. It caused Salzman to sell all his shares in the enterprise to Broccoli because he figured people were fed up with Bond. (Moonraker, on the other hand, was actually the largest grossing Bond film of all time when it came out.)

Golden Gun...Phu Yuck!

Mission_banner5.JPG

You're right about Golden Gun nearly killing the franchise, but the schtick in Moonraker makes me groan whenever I see it. I love Christopher Lee, so that might be the only reason I can stand Golden Gun more than Moonraker. Yikes, A View to a Kill... two words... Grace Jones :rolleyes:

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

I think they got more than they bargained for with Sean Connery. They were looking for an inexpensive actor who fit the basic mold and they got someone with a tremendous amount of screen presence. Roger Moore is fun, but he's a little too flip to be taken seriously most of the time. (I loved him in For Your Eyes Only, though.) George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton...poor guys, they had to follow popular actors (whatever you think of Moore, he was very popular as Bond). I personally liked Pierce Brosnan. I just wish he would have brought a bit more of the boyish/devilish Remington Steele to the role than he did. You got the feeling he was angry half the time.

Of course, Connery defined the role and he such a strong actor...the right guy at the right time, you might say. I can't avoid getting caught up in the character when I watch Goldfinger or From Russia With Love. Too bad he got so typecast that he turned on the role.

William, now that Jill has weighed in, I think we can officially declare you to have stumped us all. Duchess may have known it, but she's off line this week. We'll bring you our guitars.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Okay, I just read through 19 pages of quotes (sheesh!).

Here's a few. I strived to AVOID movies that have been quoted to death in this topic thread, but some of these are stinking easy:

(1) "It's a MAD house! A MAD-HOUSE!!!"

(2) [Australian accent]: "Shoot her! Shoot her!" (hint: it's from the first three minutes of the film)

(3) "It's not my goddamn planet, understand, monkey boy?"

(4) "A little rain never hurt anybody." "Yeah, but a lot can kill you."

(5) "Oh, right -- to call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! "

BONUS QUOTE:

(6) "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

You have to name the OTHER movie that quote #6 is from... not the one that ANOTHER one of these lines is from.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg