movie quotes game

Fancy

You REALLY need to see the Parole Officer, it's one of the funniest films of the last ten years, and for good Brit humour it knocks the pants off Four Weddings or Love Actually.

Okay - i'll have to rent that one as well. I adore Love Actually. i bought myself a copy, and i watch it when i want a little indulgence for myself.

Yes, Amelie. Fun little movie.

"Thats what I said, booby traps"

Oh, where is Fancy when you need her? This is from one of her favorite movies: Goonies

How's about this:

"Chester Choses Chestnuts, Chedder Cheese and chewy chives, he chooses them and he chews them, those chestnuts, chedder cheese and chewy chives, in cherry, charming chunks."

"Ah! Wonderful. Do another one!"

"Oh, thank you."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Singing in the Rain

"Animals are fine, but their acceptability is limited. A small child is even better, but not nearly as effective as the right kind of adult."

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

"Animals are fine, but their acceptability is limited. A small child is even better, but not nearly as effective as the right kind of adult."

The Wicker Man???

I have one (it may have been up before)

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Chhheeeesssseeee

Mad Max beyond Thunderdome.

:lol: Great one!

How's this:

"Fact: you know why so many drunk drivers get in wrecks? Because they don't learn how to drive drunk."

"Oh yeah. Fact: alcohol kills brain cells. You lose one more, you're a talking monkey."

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Yes, I posted that earlier.... but that line was originally from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

"Fact: you know why so many drunk drivers get in wrecks? Because they don't learn how to drive drunk."

"Oh yeah. Fact: alcohol kills brain cells. You lose one more, you're a talking monkey."

Summer School

"I remember you. Where you been?"

"Bathroom. "

"Six weeks?"

"My zipper got stuck."

No offense, Captain P.E.W, but that is an truly awful movie.

Speaking of truly awful movies, next (very obscure) quote. ('k Foxe...this is a Brit flick :rolleyes: ):

(after shooting at someone)

"Hey Al...Al...whereever ya' are...don't hold it against me."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Obscure quote from a well known film...

Man With the Golden Gun

"Supposing I was to ask you, as a stranger going to the West to search for that which was lost? What would you say then?"

"I should answer: 'where do you come from'"

"From the East. And I am hoping that you will give my message on the square, for the sake of the widow's son."

"Which lodge do you hail from?"

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Excellent catch! I don't know if I'd have gotten that one myself, it was such a bit part in the movie (but a good chuckle all the same). You must have a mind like a steel trap.

The Man Who Would Be King! Peachy and Kipling. You know, I almost bought that yesterday out of the used DVD bin. I decided to spend the money on a towel hook instead. :wub: Here's a softball in the same vein:

"You pick me clean, you put me in a coffin with a rotten, stinking cat, and now you strip me bollock naked."

Mission_banner5.JPG

So you don't subscribe to the school of thought that says having a copy of The Man Who Would be King on DVD is more important than sending kids to college then? A towel hook, I ask you, THEY COULD GO ON THE FLOOR! Have you seen "The Man Who Would be Shaun" on the Shaun of the Dead DVD extra features. (A film, I might add which stars our very own Tall Paul).

Nope, your quote's got me stumped. :wub:

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

So you don't subscribe to the school of thought that says having a copy of The Man Who Would be King on DVD is more important than sending kids to college then?

I was more afraid that I'd seen it so many times that it would get a cursory viewing and then get stuffed in the back of the "less watched" DVD drawer. It's like watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Why bother? I'll just replay it in my head instead.

A towel hook, I ask you, THEY COULD GO ON THE FLOOR!

Ah, so you're a bachelor too! The towel hook is part of my evil master bathroom decorating scheme. Umbra Torque. If they had bathrooms in the Death Star, Tarkin would have certainly specified this line. Presuming they make Umbra products in a galaxy far, far away.

Have you seen "The Man Who Would be Shaun" on the Shaun of the Dead DVD extra features. (A film, I might add which stars our very own Tall Paul).

Shaun of the Dead! The lovely and fascinating Duchess and I were only recently discussing it in this very thread. I watched all the extras on the US release...is the one you're talking about where they're bandying about ideas for the plot on a white pad? (Strangely, all I remember from that is a lot of scribbling, silliness, much dicussion on the minimum requirements for the herione's cup size and Paul commenting on how he was going to have to lose weight.)

Nope, your quote's got me stumped.  :wub:

No, really? It's from a film directed by a great writer and made in your own country.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, so you're a bachelor too! The towel hook is part of my evil master bathroom decorating scheme. Umbra Torque. If they had bathrooms in the Death Star, Tarkin would have certainly specified this line. Presuming they make Umbra products in a galaxy far, far away.

That would be the Tarkin of the comfy slippers?

It's from a film directed by a great writer and made in your own country

Most of the best films are! Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna kick myself really hard when you tell us where the quote is from?

Shaun of the Dead UK DVD has a short ad libbed extra with Simon Pegg as Michael Caine and Nick Frost as Sean Connery, and they're both brilliant.

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Thank you Mission! I think one of my favorite things about Shaun of the Dead was watching for all the Spaced actors/actresses to show up. And sure enough they did!

I haven't watched any of the extras yet. I seem to find that the extras make the movie less interesting, with a few very rare exceptions. I really just want the experience the magic of storytelling, I don't want to know who was whining on set, who did or did not do their own stunts, etc.

Peter Cushing in pink bunny slippers...can't quite visualize it.

Oh, yes, I remember those bits! That was where Paul was flying down the death star chasm of the fence rows! "Stay on target."

The director also wrote the book, which is based (loosely) on a true story.

In case no one has yet figured it out yet...I love movies. When I really find one I like (about once every two or three years), I watch the extras, buy the graphic novels and "Making of..." books, recreate scenes in haunted houses... Perhaps it's like searching for my cinematic naval. (Why do I like this so? Will having an 18" Johnny Depp doll help me to figure it out?) I don't buy every last thing, but I pay (literally) homage to favorite movies. Fortunately, most extras I've watched don't focus on the negative stuff (that's what our fine press is for), they focus on the hows...sometimes it mauls the magic, other times it makes me marvel at it.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, alright...it's from The Great Train Robbery directed by Michael Crichton. In his (fascinating) autobiographical book Travels, Crichton recorded this about Connery:

One day, after lunch, Sean says, "I'm through at the end of the day."

"What?"

"I'm through on the train," he says evenly. "Finished. Going back to Dublin, have a kip."

And he left the set. :wub: Good ol' Sean. Although I'd hate to have to try and ride herd on the man.

How about this one:

"...I thought you were joining the team!"

"But the team isn't joining me."

"Dammit man, for once in your life you're going to follow orders!"

"This is my mission, sir. I work alone; you know that."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, alright...it's from The Great Train Robbery directed by Michael Crichton. In his (fascinating) autobiographical book Travels, Crichton recorded this about Connery:
One day, after lunch, Sean says, "I'm through at the end of the day."

"What?"

"I'm through on the train," he says evenly. "Finished. Going back to Dublin, have a kip."

And he left the set. :blink: Good ol' Sean. Although I'd hate to have to try and ride herd on the man.

How about this one:

"...I thought you were joining the team!"

"But the team isn't joining me."

"Dammit man, for once in your life you're going to follow orders!"

"This is my mission, sir. I work alone; you know that."

You guys are good but Mission I know this one! and No it's not "attack of the killer tomatoes" it's " Patton "

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

It sure sounds like it, doesn't it? It's not, though.

It's from Our Man Flint with James Coburn.

You give us one, Diego.

Mission_banner5.JPG