movie quotes game

Fancy

What!? You get his Australian accent JP quote, but not mine? (It would seem that everyone gave up on my list. It was a bit long. :rolleyes: )

The first one is from Planet of the Apes. Is the bonus quote from Thunderdome?

For some reason this all reminds me of this quote...

"As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

You guys are good!

(1) Planet/Apes

(2) Jurassic Park (No one ever gets that one!)

(3) Buckaroo Banzai

(6) Bonus is from Mad Max / Thunderdome (originally from B. Banzai)

That leaves (4) and (5). Any one? Any one? I though #5 was a "Gimme".

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

#4= Board game movie w/ Robin Williams . . .. Arrrrgggghhhh . . I can't think of it.

#5= A fish called Wanda

Bonus Quotes=

(Two of me personal fav's)

Airplane and Buckaroo Banzai

From Airplane:

"Do you like Gladiator movies Billy? Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

Too funny . . . . :rolleyes:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Okay, I just read through 19 pages of quotes (sheesh!).

Well, there's your problem, Cap'n Pete...you read through all that stuff! With that kind of endurance, you should join Morgan in the Bond masochist-fest. Remember the first law of Italian racing; throw out your rear-view mirror and repeat:

"Whatsa behind me, she'sa not important!"

(Anyone know what movie that's from?)

Board game with Robin Williams must be Jumanji. (Didn't see it, but I can get it from the clues.)

Best quote from Airplane (and there were so many):

"Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... by an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry Ted. It's a dumb question... skip that."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

What!? You get his Australian accent JP quote, but not mine? (It would seem that everyone gave up on my list. It was a bit long. :rolleyes: )

The first one is from Planet of the Apes. Is the bonus quote from Thunderdome?

For some reason this all reminds me of this quote...

"As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about."

So sorry hon...

seen Shaun of the Dead recently, Mission?

I answered a few from your list, ... didn't cha notice?

btw, Jumanji is a very good kid movie. (but I like it too)

Fancy

I think it's from that Paul Newman movie - Harper? Hooper? Damn - something that starts with an "H" but doesn't it go "I used to be a sheriff, 'til I passed my literacy test"? Maybe I have the wrong movie?... (At the time, I thought it was a great put-down.)

RHJMap.jpg

"Whatsa behind me, she'sa not important!"

-- i hear chico marx, but i may be wrong

...sorry no caps - kitten demands to be petted or walks on keyboard -- typing one-handed...

-- Okay, kitten gone --

Other answers were correct, too... I need to dig more.

If you have not seen Jumanji, it is ENTIRELY entertaining. Much better than you would expect. Funny, exciting, touching -- it's a great kid romp, and brings out the kid in the adult.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Aye Lassie, that be it. Least I knows someone else seen the flick since it came out last week Friday. By the way, what ya think o it? Me, I loved it. Seein it again tomorrow.

Shoots anything that moves!!

Here to, Fancy. The historical accuracy was good. Well worth the gold ta be seein it. I went wit 7 others in garb. Well, 5 o us were in garb that is. Full medieval crusader. If'n people couldn't be seein o'r me helm, to bad fer em. :huh:

Er'e be a pic - Kingdom of Heaven Movie Pic

O course I ad ta ave 3 lasses wit me who dressed up to. The others are takin the pics.

Jonathan, that is excellent! I didn't even think of dressing up to go see it... that would have been priceless... next time I'll think of it! I'll be needin' me some garb tho... You look mighty fine in yours.

Fancy

Why thank ya Lass. I could only be wearin some o it, since it be to uncomfortable otherwise sittin fer so long in it. As twas, the chain shirt was heavy enough. Always fun dressin up. Just the looks the regulars give ya is priceless and they all talk to ya about it. We did fer pirates to, as well as Lord o the Rings. Braveheart and 13th Warrior. :huh:

I saw Rocky Horror once at a midnight showing many years ago... didn't dress up... no one did.. total disappointment knowing all the hype and fun i'd seen with that movie. Oh well...

g'nite!

Fancy

Er'e be a pic - Kingdom of Heaven Movie Pic

O course I ad ta ave 3 lasses wit me who dressed up to. The others are takin the pics.

Good sir knight, are those your steeds behind you?

"You are strangely dressed...for a knight." (IAJ III, no need to guess it.)

Nope, not Chico Marx, 35 years after - Raul Julia. It's from The Gumball Rally.

How about this one:

"I'm the world's first fully-functioning homicidal artist."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nooo...but if they ever make that movie, it'd be a cinch to include that line. :( Naturally it was in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. (I believe it was in the 16 hours of cut scenes that you appear to have on your DVD, Diego.) However, it was also in another movie.

Mission_banner5.JPG