movie quotes game

Fancy

Would it help if I told you I'm in graduate school for the one science that explains all otherĀ  hard sciences (as opposed to soft sciences, not easy ones)?

:lol: They should really seperate true science from liberal arts in colleges. I have never understood how math and sociology can share the same school. The hard sciences should join engineering or be put into their own school.

I never saw Real Genius.

The one science that explains all the other hard sciences...would that be math? (No, that's the language of science, not the explanation of it...) Physics? (Sociology? :P ) Chaos theory?

I tried reading Gleick's book on chaos, but I didn't get through it. (Not because it wasn't interesting, but because I couldn't find any intrinsic use for the information. I'll bet you never let that stop you. :P Sometimes I wish I were like that...) So all I have is distilled popular cultural references and some old issues of Scientific American.

"If there's one thing the history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free. It expands to new territories. It crashes through barriers. Painfully, maybe even..dangerously, but and...well, there it is."

My favorite Malcolm quote:

"You egomanical idiot! Do you have any idea what you are talking about? You think you can destroy the planet? My what intoxicating power you must have. You can't destroy the planet. You can't even come close."

"Most people believe that the planet is in jeopardy."

"Well, it's not."

"All the experts agree that our planet is in trouble."

"Let me tell you about our planet. Our planet is four and a half billion years old. There has been life on this planet for nearly that long. Three point eight billion years. The first bacteria. And, later, the first multicellular animals, then the first complex creatures, in the sea, on the land. Then the great sweeping ages of animals - the amphibians, the dinosaurs, the mammals, each lasting millions upon millions of years. Great dynasties of creatures arising, flourishing, dying away. All this happening against a background of continuous and violent upheaval, mountain ranges thrust up and eroded away, cometary impacts, volcanic eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving...Endless constant and violent change...Even today, the greatest geographic features on the planet comes from two great continents colliding, buckling to make the Himilayan mountain range over millions of years. The planet has survived everything, in its time. It will certainly survive us."

Funny how that sentiment didn't find its way into the movie. :P

Oh. Sorry, I'm off topic. We need another quote.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here's quote:

"Treacle! Mawkish treacle! Rip it out of your books.

Rip out the entire page! I want this sentimental

rubbish in the trash where it belongs!"

"Make a clean tear. I want nothing left of it!

Eugene Field! Disgraceful."

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

Dead Poet's Society! :lol:

Don't you just love the word "mawkish"?

Ok, how about this one:

"A fellah, a quick fellah, might have a weapon under there. I'd have to pin his head to the panel."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Road Warrior

Gotta love that one..still have it..

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

Here's another:

"Did you know, that if you mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate, you can make napalm?"

Hetha12.jpg

Aye! Ye got it! :lol:

Hetha12.jpg

Jeez you guys! Where's the next quote?

This should be easy for anyone who's seen the movie:

"Don't think of him. Better to think of your future."

"(to girl) You could settle down here. (to boy) You could become a man again."

"This way suits me just fine."

(laughter)

"Where did the masseur go off to?"

"He's off wandering somewhere..."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I have two guesses, so correct me ifin I am wrong...

Don't You Think It's Time to Marry

or could beThe Future Is Further Away Than You Think

I could be wrong on both guesses, but that is th' closest I can come to...

Here's another one..:

"If I find the misogynistic bastard that invented heels, I'll kill him."

Another clue, later in same said movie:

"She's got a power tool in the bedroom, dear. It's her personal jackhammer. She could break sidewalk with that thing. She uses it, and the lights dim. Like a prison movie. Amazed she hasn't chipped her teeth."

Hetha12.jpg

Nope, neither are correct, Hetha. I don't know what your quotes are from.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I have two guesses, so correct me ifin I am wrong...

Don't You Think It's Time to Marry

or could beThe Future Is Further Away Than You Think

Say, are those real movies? I don't recognize either of them. Or did I miss the joke?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Reeeallllly! No wonders I liked it so!

I've got a dumb one:

"Look Bob-o, a twinkie weiner sandwich. Your favorite!"

here's another one from the same movie:

"Where do you go for all of your Spatula needs? Spatula City! Spatula City!"

Well if Duchess doesn't know it, I doubt anyone's going to get my quote. It was from the 2003 version of Zatoichi. I recommend it, although I understand that many people who liked the original movies don't like this one much.

It's a wonderful paean to sound. I suppose that befits a movie whose central character is blind.

Mallrats is my favorite Kevin Smith movie. Snoochie boochies!

How about these:

"Are you a man of good character where women are concerned?"

"Have you ever met a man of good character where women are concerned? Well I haven't. I find the moment that a woman makes friends with me, she becomes jealous, exacting, suspicious, and a damned nuisance. And I find the moment that I make friends with a woman, I become selfish and tyrannical."

"The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well if Duchess doesn't know it, I doubt anyone's going to get my quote. It was from the 2003 version of Zatoichi. I recommend it, although I understand that many people who liked the original movies don't like this one much.

It's a wonderful paean to sound. I suppose that befits a movie whose central character is blind.

Mallrats is my favorite Kevin Smith movie. Snoochie boochies!

How about these:

"Are you a man of good character where women are concerned?"

"Have you ever met a man of good character where women are concerned? Well I haven't. I find the moment that a woman makes friends with me, she becomes jealous, exacting, suspicious, and a damned nuisance. And I find the moment that I make friends with a woman, I become selfish and tyrannical."

"The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better."

Oh no! I missed that one, I would have to it! This one is I believe "My fair lady"

Duchess

Yep. Gotta' love Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn doing GBS.

"Look at her a prisoner of the gutter! Condemned by every syllable she utters! By rights she should be taken out and hung! For the cold-blooded murder of the English tongue."

Anyone know this one?

"This is... impossible."

"Those pajamas are impossible. This actually happened."

"A bazooka?"

"I have a permit for that."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Red-Handed JillĀ  Posted on May 3 2005, 12:39 AM

Ā  Hetha - Mrs. Doubtfire?

You win it! Thet be on th'money! :angry:

Hetha12.jpg

Ok, one more and then it's someone else's turn to submit a quote:

"They're after us. They know we're still in here."

"They're after the place. They don't know why, they just remember. Remember that they want to be in here."

"What the hell are they?"

"They're us that's all, when there's no more room in hell."

Mission_banner5.JPG