movie quotes game

Fancy

Oho! Foxe has joined us from inside the hallowed halls of Captain Twill! :lol: You didn't give us a quote, though, Ed! Once you guess, you have to give us the next quote! So let me... (good luck to all of you on this one. Google won't turn it up.)

"Deep in your heart, you have a secret. I guess there is a man you find hard to leave behind."

"Yes. A man who has saved my life many times."

"Is it he who helped us in the last battle?"

"Yes."

"Then he has saved my life too...

_Do you still love him? ......

_When can we see each other again?"

"We cannot. We belong to two opposing sides. If we meet again, one of us will have to die."

I don't believe it's on the 16 hours of bonus material from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes that Diego has, either.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

My quote was at the bottom of my post, though I can see how it might have been mistaken for a signature. No, it's not from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Mission's is from House of Flying Daggers so I'll try mine again please

"They have a rule here. The writer's not supposed to have anything to do with words."

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Oops! Apologies, Foxe. I don't know your quote. It almost sounds like something from Finding Forrester, but I don't think that's right.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nope and nope, oh dear, I seem to have gone too obscure...

It's one of my favourite films (anyone who has seen it and knows anything about me will understand why). Wanna clue? The line is spoken by Alan Alda

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Sweet Liberty? (That does seem like a movie you might like...except it's about the American Revolution...)

If I'm right, here's another quote. If I'm wrong...here's another quote:

"Friends, I'm going to to tell you of the great mysterious wonderful continent known as Africa. Africa, God's country. And he can have it..."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Nope. (But if anyone can quote something in Xixo's native language, I'll give them another virtual nickel. ;) )

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yar, twas Sweet Liberty, I love it because it's a film about the frustrations of one man who strives to bring some integrity into historical entertainment, and I know only too well some of his frustrations. It's like Alan Alda wrote a film about my life, when I was about 10...

Is yours Groucho Marx in Animal Crackers?

If it was then here's another quote, if it wasn't then...you know the drill...

"Look! It's get Kirsty in!"

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Nope. (But if anyone can quote something in Xixo's native language, I'll give them another virtual nickel. :blink: )

Well, I think you might just get to keep that virtual nickel.

Good God, Man! So little to go on...I'm trusting that's all spelt right? (Knowing you it is, but still...) Kirsty, not Kristy? 'It's' and not 'It'll'? The grammer is so wrong...

Is it Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? :blink:

Too bad about the nickel...here it is (found it last week):

new_nickel.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

Good God, Man! So little to go on...I'm trusting that's all spelt right? (Knowing you it is, but still...) Kirsty, not Kristy? 'It's' and not 'It'll'? The grammer is so wrong...

Is it Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? :blink:

Too bad about the nickel...here it is (found it last week):

new_nickel.jpg

Well! I see that I have had me guess taken from me! Hummmmpphhhhh!

Was it "A Man Called Horse"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

It is spelled absolutely correctly, I was hoping the appalling grammar and general nonsensicalness of the quote would make up for the shortness in terms of identifying the film...to anyone who's seen it of course...

FWIW, neither of those guesses is correct. :blink:

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

It is spelled absolutely correctly, I was hoping the appalling grammar and general nonsensicalness of the quote would make up for the shortness in terms of identifying the film...to anyone who's seen it of course...

Yes, I was afraid that was the case. You stumped me on this one. If I've seen the movie, I'll be shamefaced. Perhaps Duchess, PEW or Jill knows.

For now...let's all admire that nickel. Isn't it beautiful? And so relevant to this thread... :blink:

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's certainly the nicest nickel I've seen today.

At least we know you don't cheat by googling Mission :blink:

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

I do sort of cheat occasionally by checking my quotes before I post them. Just to make sure I have every word right. (I think of the quotes on my own, often because they are somewhat relevant to something I'm thinking about. Then I start second-guessing myself. Then I start second-guessing my second-guessing. :blink: It's better if I check, really.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well, this seems to be going nowhere so I'll give it to you, it was from The Parole Officer.

I'll hand over to Mission I think since he's graced us with such a nice nickel... :(

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Me?! Oh, um... I was just thinking of one today and now I've gone and forgotten it. This is one I've been saving back for just such and emergency, so I guess I'll spring it on you all now.

"I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way nobody ever looks at the road in old movies."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oooh, dammit, I know that one, I've seen it recently... damme if I can think what film it was though!

Fight Club?

No, that's not it. :(

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Well, this seems to be going nowhere so I'll give it to you, it was from The Parole Officer.

I'll hand over to Mission I think since he's graced us with such a nice nickel... :(

No wonder I was stumped. Never saw that film.

Mission, your quote is tickling the back of my brain. I know it's a movie I've either seen or re-seen recently. Might take me a day or so (probably someone will get it by then...)

RHJMap.jpg

You know...I've never even heard of The Parole Officer. Hollywood needs to remake it with Tom Cruise or Ben Afflack before we'll recognize it, Jill. :lol:

Ok, ok, an oblique hint: you probably read my quote somewhere recently.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ooops, sorry bout that then. You REALLY need to see the Parole Officer, it's one of the funniest films of the last ten years, and for good Brit humour it knocks the pants off Four Weddings or Love Actually.

Jill, I think you're right, it's Amelie (knew I'd heard it not too long ago...)

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk