Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

Oooooo....

I'm seeing a good skit there for the Tavern!

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you ain't seen nothing yet, Lady B. Aurore is not going to be at Port Washington, but cocky brother in law is along with another member of Le Cour, and the "girlfriend".... and as for Cheeky, well she has a real trick up her sleeve, the Captain will be gettin an ear full from the Mistress...in stereo....just you wait n see :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hey all this is great news. Due to some reschedualing on managments part at work I find out that I get to go this weekend. I know that this is very last min so I plan on bringing my camera and getting photos of you all. I think that it would be great to get some pics of you all. So look for the half dressed sailor with a camera and smile. The only way to stop me from this is to lone me a set of clothes and pull me in.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Please look for the 30 something member crewe/guess we will have around our encampment.  We would love to meet you.

OK, then look for us - the crew of The Fool's Gold. We'll be the tiny encampment next to the Archangel. ;)

I am soooooo looking forward to meeting all of you skallywags! ;)

Is there anything planned for meeting other pub members, or is it pretty informal? Last year it was sort of haphazard, as I recall.

It'll be nice to see you all again. I've grown a moustache with an appropriately villainous curl to it. Many of the fellows I work with have commented on it with obvious envy. None of the ladies have, though...

EDIT: Oh, and although this is too late to do any good, the other reenactor's group last year was the 1st Regiment of Light Dragoons, out of Northern Illinois I believe. I have a contact number for their unit commander, if anyone is interested.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Certainly. Is this for Sunday?

Halp! I can't see the photo! Halp!

I just joined the group instead.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

24hr count down folks!

;););););)

Hope to be there around noonisherlaterpm...time? :rolleyes:

Rats

ALso send the dragoon infor if possible... It's always good to network!!!

Cheers!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Who should I have the dragoons contact? Chris Last?

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Actually I would like the contact info my own self for future planning and accords... :rolleyes:

Here's to you!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

More Festival Press

Ok, so some of the things I said were taken a bit out of context or edited...Ce'est la vie. I did this interview as I was climbing out of the boats at the POTC ride at Disney World. No, that was not planned.

But the festival is coming together...tents are up and sets are being erected. I CAN't WAIT to see the pirate encampment, the plans look very cool.

I just want to take a moment (while I have one) to tell everyone here how much I appreciate you all coming and your patience with a new event that has had its share of growing pains.

I look forward to splicing the main brace with each and every one of you salty dogs. B)

Now, I finally get to say...

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!!!

:rolleyes::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I look forward to splicing the main brace with each and every one of you salty dogs.

Yeah, and she really means that too! She's been drinking in The Capstan Bar, I've seen it . . . :rolleyes:

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Can't wait to meet you, JohnnyTar! Don't feel too bad. I have to work until 4 PM myself. (Grrrh! :rolleyes: ) Therefore, I should be done in Port Washington around 5:30 pm.

Sidenote: We have some pretty serious "Werewolf Weather" here in Wisconsin this morning. The fog is very thick this morning. Those traveling ...please be careful!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Thanks! wonderful pictures!! :huh:

Ye all look fyne!

Very piratey...aye!

I see some I know 'ere....very nice! :lol: Huzzah!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I'm still decompressing after the event.

Thank you all so very much for coming out to this festival. I hope you all had a good time - despite the weather! I apologize for not being able to spend more time visiting with all of you, but between the scenario shows and my own shows with Bounding Main I was hard-pressed for a spare moment. There was so much else I wanted to do and the time just raced by too fast.

I'd very much appreciate any feedback you'd care to offer.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com