Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

I have not seen anyone post the dates yet for the:

Port Washington's Pirate Festival

It be happening... June 1-3, 2007

I hope to be seeing some of you there...

:huh:

From their website:

The Port Washington Pirate Festival includes an Invasion, a Thieves Marketplace, Musicians, Comedians, a Pirate Ship, A Treasure Hunt, Children's Activities, a Gruel Galley and Much More.

In its second year, the festival drew over 12,000 attendees.

We have many more treasures planned for 2007. Pirate Fever is at a frenzied pitch. This festival brings out an amazing array of visitors; boaters, bikers, re-enactors & families alike. Port Washington with its

scenic harbor is the perfect picturesque settings for all this mayhem and merriment. Come Aboard!

http://www.portpiratefestival.com

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capt. Trade Wind, you will most certainly see the crews of The Fool's Gold and the Archangel there, as well as sea shanty singers Bounding Main, and many other patrons of this Pub. It's an event not to be missed.

I think there's still an active thread (from last year) in RAIDS somewhere below.

It seems the original thread was removed by Ye Moderator, so just as well that this one starts fresh.

Ahoy, Mates, this is Dean Calin the Entertainment Coordinator for the Port Washington Pirate Festival. We have Big Plans for the 2007 show. We are bringing the entertainers on board now, as well as vendors, reenactors and sponsors. The Pirate Invasion, so popular last year, will now be a two-day scenario. We will once again have a tall ship as part of the show, in addition to offering wonderful cruises through the weekend.

This is strictly unofficial, but here is a preview of this year's activities. Some of the data is missing or is subject to change, of course.

Unofficial Port Washington Pirate Festival Website. The official site is here.

If you want to be a part of the show, either as a vendor, reenactor (Go Fool's Gold Crew!), or visitor and want more info, please drop us a line at admin@portpiratefestival.com.

This is going to be a grand event, and I'm so much looking forward to meeting my mates from the Pyracy Pub.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Removed??

Oh well, just to let you know the Crewe of the Archangel is still interested...

Just keep us posted as to what is expected of us.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I will be there with some period navigational aids. Ok so I still have to make the nav aids. But I plan on getting them done. This along with building my sailboat I think I will have a problem with getting clothes done. Oh well nothing is perfect right? :lol: I am only 20 mins north of Port so I will be there all three days. :lol:

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Nope... the old thread is still around. :)

Aye, Crew of the Fool's Gold will return. Lots of ideas being tossed around right now.

And... As I would LOVE to do quite a bit of off the wall, improv and impromptu skits with various members of the Fest. We can chat ahead of time with basic ideas like an arrest, prison break, capture of a pirate for "auction" (Cheeky, I think we started chatting about something of that sort. Still not sure if Toby's gonna make it but would be HILARIOUS if the 2 of us "argue" of Sparrow so to speak after capture of him). Maybe a warning to folks at the docks of possible pirates attempting to take their boats (imagine that! :lol: ) and just as the group of pirates have tied up the folks and are trying to work out how to work a modern boat.. the Militia come in to save the day.

Lots of just off the wall things that we can all do. :huh:

Hehehe.. .maybe a "fight" over Bounding Main... since ship crews VALUE musicians! :huh: Capture... barter... bargain... whatever for musicans.

Maybe a duel at the swordsmanship roped off area in which the person dies and has to be buried or miraculously resurrects due to some Shaman/ shamaness or a surgeon.. or some other mystic... or even a Priest...

Pete can give a Pirate's Church sermon on Sunday! :huh:

Ahhh.... what we all can come up with.

I'll post this in the other thread as well...

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This is, of course, the OTHER thread Bilgemunky was speaking of when he mentioned moving our discussion of the 2007 event to the new thread.

I'm very excited to say that the Jolly Rogers will be joining us this year. Are there any Kansas City Renaissance Faire fans that will be joining us to see them?

:blink:

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

This is, of course, the OTHER thread Bilgemunky was speaking of when he mentioned moving our discussion of the 2007 event to the new thread.

I'm very excited to say that the Jolly Rogers will be joining us this year. Are there any Kansas City Renaissance Faire fans that will be joining us to see them?

:lol:

Aye, it is because of the Jolly Rogers that I learned of the new dates and started the thread.

I have heard them preform only once, but LOVED them. I was hoping the Bristol would get them too this year.

Cheers!

:o

I have heard them perform only once, but LOVED them.  I was hoping the Bristol would get them too this year.

The theme for Bristol this season is "Feast of Fools;" I don't think that is a good sign for bringing in a maritime/pirate group. But, stranger things have happened.

Another group that will be performing at the Port Washington Pirate Festival is Starboard Bound. They are a young group that hails from the St. Louis Renaissance Faire, performing sword-fighting comedy shows at several venues. Their web site is found here.

I'll announce the various performers as we confirm who is on the roster.

Dean

Port Washington Pirate Festival

Entertainment Coordinator

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

I am very, very pleased and delighted to say that the fantastic crew of The Guilde of St. Michael will be back as the Port Washington Town Militia. This 16th century reenactment group originated at the Bristol Renaissance Faire, but have since gone on to participate in many Midwest venues, including the recent Reenactors Fest. They will be manning the cannons (supplied by the talented and productive Marc "Propman" Lupescu) and will be involved in living history displays, arms displays, the Pirate Invasion and the Sunday parade. Founded by Tom Charney and Brian Brecht, it is currently headed by Chris Last and Rick Kakouris. These guys are great, and I really looking forward to working with them again.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Well, after being able to get together at RF2 and handing out almost all of the Port Washington post cards, glad you sent some along, the Crewe of the Archangel has voted to attend Port Washington this year. Just let us know how we can best serve you, and please, what ever ye can do to try and arrange period camping... cheers!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Just let us know how we can best serve you, and please, what ever ye can do to try and arrange period camping... cheers!

Excellent! You will be in the esteemed company of The Fools' Gold Crew and River Valley Colonials Fife and Drum Corps, in addition to the aforementioned groups and acts.

Chris Last of The Guilde of St. Michael is going to be the point of contact for all of the reenactors that want to participate. I believe he is on this board, but I will mention to him directly to contact you.

Welcome aboard, mates!

Dean Calin

www.deancalin.com/pwpf07/

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Ack! Dean how dare you poke me awake, I finally got a nap!

I am pleased to be working with the Port Washington crew again. We had a blast last year manning the guns and doing our weapons demos and displays. Dean has asked me again to be the point person for the different reenactment/historical/demonstration groups that would like to particpate. If you are interested in participating please feel free to email me at contact@gsmbristol.org so I can start getting a list of contacts together.

Thanks folks!

::: Raises hand with a pistol in it nigh the size of a blunderbuss::: Aye, Mr Last... I'm always up for some fun! ;)

Ahhh... th' 4th Mass... gotta love th' lot of 'em! A fine bunch they be! :)

~Lady B

;)

Avast, Ahoy, and How the hell are ya?

This is the "other" Kim of the Port Washington Pirate Festival, I'm on the planning board with Dean (Cpt. Jake) and met most of the right fantastic Fools Gold Crew last year...

I now go by Scuttle Sally, thanks to the clever Cpt. Jake.

My responsibilites with the festival run to the more mundane; signing up sponsors and vendors, shanghaing volunteers, community liasion, etc. I'm also taking over Bilgemunky's Buccaneer Bash, although he has promised to help me a bit with that! This years party will go Friday AND Saturday night and have a live band (as soon as the contract is signed I'll post the name). :(

I'm so excited for this year's festival and it's with great excitement I can announce that this year brings us...

FIREWORKS!

:lol::lol::lol:

This pirate just loves things that go BOOM.

The company we will be using also has promised to help us with adding some more "bang" to our invasion. :(

Well, I think that covers my intro. If you have any questions for me, fire away. (ducks and covers)

Ahoy, Sally! Nice to see you on board! By all accounts, the 2007 Festival sounds like it will be even bigger and better than last year -- and last year was just so darned much fun...well, I can't wait!

I'm excited to hear about the addition of a Saturday night party-- and fireworks! Can we request the awesome weather we had last year as well?

Keep us updated on all the latest developments -- and we'll do our best to promote the event. It's well worth the voyage to Wisconsin, from wherever yer docked! :(

Hey, Scuttle Sally!

Grand t' see ya here, m'dear.

I'm with Bess.... SO lookin' forward t' Port Washington in June! Can't wait!

I am SO keepin' m' fingers, hooks, swords, pistols, legs, ANYTHING crossed for perfect weather like we had last year. Could NEVER have asked for better weather.

Oooo.. Fireworks! This will be grand! Party both nights? Oh, good Lord! We'll be in piratical heaven!

~Lady B

:(

Two parties does indeed sound grand... nothing like playing hard both day and night! :(:(:lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Avast, Ahoy, and How the hell are ya?

This is the "other" Kim of the Port Washington Pirate Festival, I'm on the planning board with Dean (Cpt. Jake) and met most of the right fantastic Fools Gold Crew last year...

I now go by Scuttle Sally, thanks to the clever Cpt. Jake.

Scuttle Sally! So nice to see you here in the pub!

You remember me, of course...

I hope to get that Friday off again this year, and help ye set up like last year. Of course, it's a long way off, and the Boss is an Evil Slave-Driving Task Master.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Of course, it's a long way off, and the Boss is an Evil Slave-Driving Task Master.

Aw Pete, ye say the nicest things about yer captain...ooops you mean yer real boss... :huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

Hey if you all are looking for help on that Fri I all ready have it scheduled off. I live in Kohler and would love to help you all out. I might even be nice and do it for free. <_< Well I am tring to be a pirate right? I could even be persuaded to bring some of chilli. If you all aren't afraid that is. :) I was there last year and had lots of fun, can't wait till this years.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.