Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

We aim to please. 3 x 5 sounds good to me...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye the entire crew! B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

B)B)B) Here's to a great event! ;)

Crewe of the Archangel

Also, Cpn Jake...do you think you could contact some of the other groups we already have under contract and see if they have a crew banner or flag of some kind? The more we have, the better.

I defer to the gentleman from the Guilde of St. Michael, the Reenactor Liaison, Mr. Chris Last for that task.

There were two rev war groups last year but only one was listed on the web site because I only had one name given to me. Do we know who all of the groups are that are participating so far?

The Guilde of St. Michael (military)

Fools' Gold Crew (pirates)

Archangel Crew (pirates)

River Valley Colonials Fife and Drum Corps (military)

A group named for two ships out of Bristol to which John Wohlers belongs (pirates)

That's all I've got so far. I'll have to dig up the name of the last group; I don't have access to that email here, now. I don't know if the Crew of the Scarlet Harlot will be back this year. I've not heard from them, I don't know if Kim has and hasn't told me, and they might only travel in the company of Privateers of Triton's Fury, who won't be with us this year.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Dean,

If ya like... I can post something again on the NWTA chat list. Hopefully get some Brits in on the mix, too.

Sally,

Don't know how soon enough it will be put out this year... but last year Wal Mart had full sized and full sized half barrels for around $50. If they have them this year... might be worth it.

Also, The Fool's Gold has a banner and one type of flag. We are in the works of another flag. We'll have something to ya in time for PW.

I am SO looking forward to this event! Can't wait!

OH! Sally... a possible idea for the future fests... to coincide with the fireworks... I recall this from a cartoon series I use to watch where a young girl was a captive unless she told Pizzaro of where gold lay hidden. And in order for her friends and her to be rescued, one of them was able to remain "free" and was able to set fire to the gunpowder storehouse... went on to rescue her... as her other comrades were sent to get water to put out the fire... they escaped by way of the sea but jumping into it.

Possibility of having a daring rescue and escape that coincides with the fireworks going off.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

they escaped by way of the sea but jumping into it.

Oh, boy! Thanks! You've just given me an excuse to have Scuttle Sally jump into the drink!

But seriously, that is a very interesting idea that hadn't even occurred to me - extending the scenario all the way into the fireworks. Fireworks . . . I still can't wrap my head around that. Okay, press on!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

OH! Sally... a possible idea for the future fests... to coincide with the fireworks... I recall this from a cartoon series I use to watch where a young girl was a captive unless she told Pizzaro of where gold lay hidden. And in order for her friends and her to be rescued, one of them was able to remain "free" and was able to set fire to the gunpowder storehouse... went on to rescue her... as her other comrades were sent to get water to put out the fire... they escaped by way of the sea but jumping into it.

Possibility of having a daring rescue and escape that coincides with the fireworks going off.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Awesome idea, Lady B! :ph34r::huh::ph34r:

Marketing/promoting would take some careful wording ~ don't necessarily want to "let the cat out of the bag" per se, but still want to let people know a BIG TO DO is scheduled, MUST NOT BE MISSED! Maybe should involve large quantities of opposing re-enactors (i.e. pirates vs. military) providing pre-action in a few areas, coming together (hopefully with audience following - captives, perhaps? ooohhh :ph34r: ) to one area for the main action, to ensure getting a large audience.

Mind, I don't have experience orchestrating this kind of thing ~ just a few thoughts to throw darts at! :ph34r:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

the Reenactor Liaison

*slaps head

oh, duh...sorry. Yes, Chris...if you could contact the groups we have I would appreciate it!

Lady B, Thanks for the heads up on barrels at Walmart. I saw the half ones late in the year but I must have missed the whole ones! I may even ask if it's something they plan on ordering so I'll know in advance.

Also, your idea for the fireworks scene is GREAT! That would be soooo cool.

I actually had the idea of doing a marketing campaign (pre-festival) of wanted posters. ...

I made a Wanted poster of myself last year just as a joke, and planned to make some of certain fellow crew members, but back-burnered this project.

I discussed this briefly with Kim on the phone the other day (she brought it up), but did not make any offer. I may still follow through on this, and send some posters to you folks ahead of time at no cost (thus no financial concern to you), but this would only be for those pirates characters I choose... lack of time and, as we established, I'm not doing it for money, so I'm the boss.

My vision, however, is not for a pre-Festival campaign -- rather, it would be to post up around the Festival for kids to be on the look-out for certain characters.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Does anyone that was there in 06 have a photo of the inside of the beer tent? I don't have an inside shot. That may help.

Who do you think would have a picture of the Beer Tent?

Whose photos are plastered all over the site from last year? (Hey all you other pirates -- they did ask for 06 photos! I seem to be virtually the only one who answered that call...)

Anyway, as requested --

PortW28.jpg

I was trying to describe this to the Archangel crew... I forgot I had the photo.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Oh YAY! Good job with the picture - perfection. I think that may be the back of me...way down at the end. :lol:

So as you all can see, where the pirate flags hang now, I want to replace with the crew banners/emblems. Obviously it's a lot of room, so the more the merrier.

(Hey all you other pirates -- they did ask for 06 photos! I seem to be virtually the only one who answered that call...)

It's not to late! Anyone out there with some photos, feel free to send them in to the website (Kim M.) at admin@portpiratefestival.com

My vision, however, is not for a pre-Festival campaign -- rather, it would be to post up around the Festival for kids to be on the look-out for certain characters.

I think that would be great, as well. Anything to add to the atmosphere is a bonus.

I just sent in some photos (finally, since I had some time). Hope they enjoy them.

Hmm.. Pete constructing wanted posters.

Do we run now or later? Or both! :lol:

Eager to see them, Pete. I'd say put one up of Jack Sparrow if I knew Toby would be there. But, heck! I think there will be SOMEONE there as Jack nonetheless. (Good God help us!)

Maybe some random pirate flags, Sally? I've only one now so... can't really give any away. As I gave away the others.

But I'm sure several folks have various different pirate flags.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Random pirate flags are always good!

I've got a good amount of canvas left over from my 10' x 5' Rackham, so I'll probably be sewing some other, smaller flags. My handmade Rackham from last year dissapeared from our float over the summer. :lol:

Now if I could just find time to finish a waistcoat for my husband...

Already on it!  For right now my time is a bit rough so I apologize in advance if things are slower than my normal 24 hour turnaround.

24 hours?!?!? must put self into 17th century mind set.... ;):lol:;);)

Crewe of the Archangel

Hey if you all are looking for help on that Fri I all ready have it scheduled off.

ABSOLUTELY!

If you want to be an official volunteer the website has a volunteer page with a pdf sign up form. But if you just want to come down early and help with whatever setup we're doing...come on down. Last year we got started around noon on Friday, if memory serves (fog of rum).

This year we've talked about having a "green room" type of tent for volunteers and reenactors to check in and have a place to put their boots up for a bit. As soon as the Physical Plan is done, we'll know for sure. I'll keep you posted on that.

Thanks!

Ahoy Sally - If I can be getting my garb together by then, I would love to volenteer, I live in Racine curretnly, 51 miles door to park as my jeep drives.

:lol:

If I can be getting my garb together by then, I would love to volenteer

Having a costume is not a requirement for being a volunteer, as much as I would prefer to have everyone in costume we need volunteers too bad to discriminate! ;)

We can always get you a pirate festival T-shirt to wear, too.

We would love to have you on board!

Thanks!

:lol::lol:;)

If I can be getting my garb together by then, I would love to volenteer

Having a costume is not a requirement for being a volunteer, as much as I would prefer to have everyone in costume we need volunteers too bad to discriminate! :ph34r:

We can always get you a pirate festival T-shirt to wear, too.

We would love to have you on board!

Thanks!

:ph34r::ph34r::huh:

Now that I can do.

What is the next step for me to step up to help?

This is the link to the festival's volunteer page.

There is a list of various jobs we need help with, you can pick what interests you most. If you want clarification on any of them feel free to PM me. The sign up form is in .pdf form, you can either print it out and mail it or email it in to the admin.

Let me know if you have any questions, and THANKS!

:rolleyes: I found out that my vacation for June 1 has been denied. I trasfered from third shift to second shift in a new dept. The new forman says that I can not have off that day due to inventory. Just how many people do they need? Well I will have to see if I can get down there at all now. Have fun anyway. :rolleyes:

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.