Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some modern pirate flags that you can use but not keep.. and I would love to make a flag that hangs vertically for the FG..

Btw, the Archangel crew wants to know if we want to play with them at PW... I say yes. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

This is the link to the festival's volunteer page.

There is a list of various jobs we need help with, you can pick what interests you most. If you want clarification on any of them feel free to PM me. The sign up form is in .pdf form, you can either print it out and mail it or email it in to the admin.

Let me know if you have any questions, and THANKS!

I will have a look at them and let you know what questions I have, if any.

:lol:

:lol: I found out that my vacation for June 1 has been denied. I trasfered from third shift to second shift in a new dept. The new forman says that I can not have off that day due to inventory. Just how many people do they need? Well I will have to see if I can get down there at all now. Have fun anyway. :o

Arrrrr, that sucks.

Hope they might change their minds.

I have some modern pirate flags that you can use but not keep.. and I would love to make a flag that hangs vertically for the FG..

Thanks Merrydeath! However, if by modern pirate flags you mean nylon ones, we do have access to those through Kim M's shop. But a Fool's Gold flag...yes yes yes!

As for the poor blokes who may not be able to attend, we shall raise a glass in your honour. :rolleyes:

Btw, the Archangel crew wants to know if we want to play with them at PW... I say yes. :)

;);)

Glad to hear this Merrydeath. We look forward to meeting up with you all!

I'm ALWAYS up for some various ideas at Port Wash. And getting involved.

If you guys have some ideas...let's hear them. :)

I've yet to talk to the 4th Mass on a couple ideas. Hope they are willing.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

Any discount at the Holiday Inn this year??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The Holiday Inn had been less than cooperative with our event. Their management has refused to sponsor the event or provide any comps. I believe they reason that since they're so close to the event they don't need to be a sponsor or offer discounts as they'll get the business in any case. I hate to give them business, but they are RIGHT on top of the festival grounds. It's like buying gas at $2.65/gal.: I hate to do it, but I have to.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

The Holiday Inn had been less than cooperative with our event. Their management has refused to sponsor the event or provide any comps. I believe they reason that since they're so close to the event they don't need to be a sponsor or offer discounts as they'll get the business in any case. I hate to give them business, but they are RIGHT on top of the festival grounds. It's like buying gas at $2.65/gal.: I hate to do it, but I have to.

And they call us pirates!

soundin' more an' more like th' EICo t' me. :lol:

For those who will be stayin' at hotels, will there be ANY hotel offerin' discounts to those of us involved as volunteers an' entertainment?

MerryD can correct me on this, but I think she an' I - plus m' nephew - stayed at th' Country Inn an' Suites. A wee bit further... but they SO made th' stay VERY well worth it! Treated us like Kings an' Queens they did!

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

As a crew member on both ships, I think I will play with myself.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

ROTDLMBAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P:huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

As a crew member on both ships, I think I will play with myself.

No comment, Pete! :huh:

A little over 2 months before Port Washington, folks!

We all ready for this?

Ideas all hashed out of what we want to do? Or can do? I'm game for pretty much anything.

Prayers for the parade that it goes SLOW this time and last longer than 5 minutes! :huh:

~Lady B

:P

Parade???

Crewe of the Archangel

Yup... on Sunday at Noon if it's still scheduled. Pretty awesome. Just went WAY too fast last year. Couldn't keep up...

~Lady B

Prayers for the parade that it goes SLOW this time and last longer than 5 minutes!

Let's hope the paperwork gets to the city ahead of time so the police know there IS a parade this year! That's why the event was so rushed and why traffic was driving through it last year ! Government!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Oh good Lord! :lol:

M' fingers, swords, pistols, and everything else is crossed, CptnJake. Hopefully the city 'll take notice swiftly.

~Lady B

:P

Ok all, talk me into coming to this event.

Looking to take a road trip this year and since my partner is from Washington, it might be kind of nice to drive up there and visit all o' you....

What kind of hotel accomadations are around?

How much does the event cost to get into?

What kind of hotel accomadations are around?

Holiday Inn Harborview Is the closest hotel. I hope that link works...

The Country Inn and Suites is where the majority of people stayed last year, they've also been the hotel that's been nicest to the festival.

How much does the event cost to get into?

The event is free to enter! Check the website for information on the cost of pirate ship cruises.

Hope to see you there!

I apologize for the double post, but I just checked the hotel rates.

Country Inn and Suites is offering $74 a night for the festival weekend and the Holiday Inn is at $119 a night. (Based on a Fri - Sun stay.)

Please mention Pirate Festival when you are booking. B)

Keeping Pirate Fest a free event requires sponsors, and the more local businesses know how beneficial the festival is to them the more likely they are to contribute. Thanks!

MODIFIED to add;

If you are coming from Chicago and want to make this the event of a lifetime you can catch a ride on our pirate ship the Windy 2. They will be returning to Chicago after the festival. You can get a cabin for 2-4 people at around $125 a night per person. They provide some meals, and I am pretty sure you can stay aboard throughout the festival. There is more information on their website here. Click on the 2007 scehdule. It looks like they will deaprt the 31st and return the 1st. The Windy is a fun crew and I think it would be an amazing time. Email them directly to confirm they will be offering the cruise and check availability. Please try to control your desire to hijack the vessel, dears.

• 2 weeks later...

Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

webpiratefront-288x400.jpg

The grounds that the show will occupy is twice what we had last year. We'll have three more Thieves' Market tents, a Gruel Galley just for food, cannon battles at the launch of each cruise, Pirate Invasion Shows on Saturday and Sunday, a Buccaneer Bash on Friday and Saturday nights, costume contests, a parade through town on Sunday, cruises all weekend on our pirate ship, "The Windy II," and what I'm estimating to be about 25,000 attendees. I hope all of you as can make it do - this is going to be a grand adventure!

Ensemble Cast

Heroic Pirates

Tom Charney as Captain Joe Cotton

David Gregory as Rum Davey

Kimberly Chavez as Scuttle Sally

Dastardly Military

Rick Cleveringa as General Lester Orchitis

Richard Gilbert as Lieutenant Keloid

Chris Last as Capt. Freddie Hauptmann

Variety Performers

The Scurvvy Dawgs

Christopher Reeves, Kevin Wright, Joe Schumaker, Kurt Edgerton

Capt Corrmin Barbayos & Crew

Kevin Weekley

Knotty Bits

Sylver & Gwydiion

Rakhshanda Tribal Bellydancers

Razi, Athena, Emilie

Starboard Bound

Dan, Eric, Jenny, Traci, Dani

Musicians

The Jolly Rogers

Chris Berger, Sean Foree, Cliff Lawson, Kurt Hanover, Mark Stahl

Bounding Main

Christie Dalby, David Yondorf, Dean Calin, Gina Dalby, Jon Krivitzky, Maggie Hannington

Tourdion

Adam Velez, Chris Vail

Reenactors/Pirate Crews

Reenactment Groups

The Guilde of St. Michael

The Crew of the Fool's Gold

The Crew of the Archangel

Pirates of the Sarafina

Crew of the Queen Fairy

River Valley Colonials Fife and Drum Corps

And, of course, all of you . . .

For more information please visit http://www.portpiratefestival.com

Oh, yes! Free admission and fireworks every night! Honest!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com