Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

One last word on the subject, the frustrations that many of you are expressing (especially regarding the city) are shared by the board. However, we're in the uncomfortable place between the proverbial rock and hard place.

And as far as sponsors to cover the cost...well, we're not quite there yet either.

Again, things are what they are and we can choose to deal with the issues and except the restraints or end the festival.

We chose the merryment and mayhem.

Thanks for taking the ride with us, we appreciate your understanding and can't wait to see you all soon.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, just spoke with Toby, he's unfortunately not gonna be at Port Washington as he'll be elsewhere at a Convention.

Pity.

He's a hell of a Jack Sparrow.

Has the scenario for the Invasion been drawn up & handed out yet?

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Wooo Hooo!!! Looks like Ransom may be heading for Pt. Washington. Will know for sure after CBIL and I can confirm and co-ordinate flight times. It's in the works, just need to tinker with the nuts and bolts.

**Gasp**Sewing, must do A LOT of sewing.

:huh::huh::huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wooo Hooo!!! Looks like Ransom may be heading for Pt. Washington. Will know for sure after CBIL and I can confirm and co-ordinate flight times. It's in the works, just need to tinker with the nuts and bolts.

**Gasp**Sewing, must do A LOT of sewing.

:huh::huh::huh:

Well this IS good news!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I also maybe going. It somewhat depends on when I move to Wisconsin. But we shall see....

So how far back does the game of badminton go? :huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Has the scenario for the Invasion been drawn up & handed out yet?

yup...our wonderful director Capt. Jake has taken care of it. The script for the brand new Sunday show is also out.

It's going to be amazing, I can't wait! CAN't WAIT!!!!

Of course, there's no way I'm going to spoil the suprise... :ph34r:

Of course, there's no way I'm going to spoil the suprise... :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Unless we twist yer arms and torture ye. ::: evil grinz :::

~Lady B

:ph34r:

I also maybe going. It somewhat depends on when I move to Wisconsin. But we shall see....

So how far back does the game of badminton go? :ph34r:

Well since my partner and most of opponents are from China it goes a LOOOOONG way!

:huh: It's confirmed. Ransom is heading for PW. So, do I get the "Pirate who traveled the futhest to attend the event" award? Oregon to Wisconsin. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Both of ye travelin' from so far a distance... I think that deserves a hearty welcome from all of us! :huh::huh:

Eager t' be meetin' ye both at Port Washington.

~Lady B

:blink:

:blink::huh::huh:

Just a small teaser to be whetting yer appetites...

The Buccaneer Bash (which will be both Fri and Sat night 6-11pm) will not only have a fantastic live band (the Irish rock band Reilly)...but our own Bilgemunky will be MC'ing a new trivia game titled "Who Wants to be a Bullionaire?"

I not revealing the details, but it should be hilarious.

To listen to Reilly, visit their website...

ReillyRocks

:huh:   It's confirmed. Ransom is heading for PW. So, do I get the "Pirate who traveled the futhest to attend the event" award? Oregon to Wisconsin. :blink:

Nah that's a breeze, traveling with adults on a plane... snigger... try driving 17 hours with two snotties, knowing the Mistress is pacing the campgrounds and worrying about whether or not CBIL has breeches or not... scary thought that... :huh::huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

:huh:   It's confirmed. Ransom is heading for PW. So, do I get the "Pirate who traveled the futhest to attend the event" award? Oregon to Wisconsin. B)

Nah that's a breeze, traveling with adults on a plane... snigger... try driving 17 hours with two snotties, knowing the Mistress is pacing the campgrounds and worrying about whether or not CBIL has breeches or not... scary thought that... ;):lol:

Weeellll, my flights won't be that easy, 'cause see, from Medford, OR "you can't get there from here." So I start out at 3:30 am to get to the airport by 5:00, then fly to Phoenix, sit for 55 min, then fly to Dallas. Spend the night with CBIL :o Then fly from Dallas to Milwaukee.

Trip back = leave Milwaukee at 6:40 pm, to reach Dallas by 9:00, sit for 55 min., then head to Las Vegas, sit for 55 min, then arrive via turbo-prop back in Medford at 1:22 am, where my poor husband will be waiting to drive me back home - another 40 minutes.

And with my usual luck, I'll end up sitting next to a couple with snotty's screaming in my ear the whole way — Why not, they always sit in the booth next to me in restaurants, or get in line behind me at the grocery store. :ph34r:

As for CBIL and his breeches - we won't go there. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Spend the night with CBIL :lol:

Careful, CBIL loves to kiss and tell...snigger B)

Restaurants eh? Joining us for the Friday night dinner around 5 bells, second dog watch? You can sit next to the Merriweathers.... ;)

Crewe of the Archangel

:lol:B);) .... ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Simple solution to the screaming kids Ransom, fly in kit. It'll either shut the kids up from shock and awe or make the parents give you a nice W I D E berth.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Not too much "wide berth" in a flying sardine can. Dang it. B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I wanted to take a moment to highlight two of the entertainer groups that we've hired to perform upon our five stages at the Port Washington Pirate Festival.

strbdbnd_group_shot.jpg

Starboard Bound is an action-comedy troupe that originated at the excellent Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire in Wentzville, Missouri. With a semi-variable cast, this group of swashbucklers amuse the audience with swordplay, "Hero School" and ironic humor. They have performed at various faires in the heart of the country, and this is their first Wisconsin performance.

KBbedsitTag.jpg

Knotty Bits Sideshow is a classic vaudeville/sideshow act that wildly mixes contortion, fire-eating, magic tricks, glass-walking and other, incredible feats in one show. They have toured widely and we're happy to have them on board.

If you've seen these folks before and can offer notes of review or encouragement I'm sure the artists would welcome the input.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

I wanted to take another moment to highlight two more of the entertainer groups that we've hired to perform upon our five stages at the Port Washington Pirate Festival.

1295371857_l.jpg

The Jolly Rogers are one of the country's most popular Pirate singing groups. With a ten year history together, several CDs and appearances at many faires and venues, they always provide a fun show.

2461b9d6-ffaf-4689-b7ef-0e2ecbde7704.jpg

Rakhshanda Tribal Dancers is a young group of performers from the Midwest that have created quite a stir with their energy, improvisational skills and technique. They have created a pirate-themed show just for the Port Washington Pirate Festival and we're very happy to have them join us.

If you've seen these folks before and can offer notes of review or encouragement I'm sure the artists would welcome the input.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Well, its official. My brother and I and possibly some friends will be going to Port Washington. Can anyone reccommend a hotel near the action?

Hotels in the area are VERY close to sold out for that weekend. Don't delay if you need a room. If they become sold out and you need next closest hotel reccomendations, feel free to contact me.

Remember, all three hotels in the area sold out last year.

3 weeks and 3 days to go!!! :unsure::ph34r::ph34r: