Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the two little monsters who kept trying to roll ol' Rats for his swag!!! I practically had to beat em off wit me tankard!!!

BTW: Damn is that a nice tankard, or what!!! :huh:

Actually the little fellas were great, and they took their pirate gear seriously!!!

Besides, that's what it's all about!!! Seeing the smiles and corrupting the innocent!!!

"I want to be a pirate when I grow up!" said one.

"So do I...!!! " I replied.

As for "Rats the Suuuuuuuuper Model" :huh:

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Those two! My word they had me and Annie Copafeel on our toes. I must admit, they were charming little ones, but pyrates nonetheless! One demanded my bread while the other one (acting as a distraction) tried to pinch Annies bits! Bits being jewlery, everyone. :huh:

Here is another candid shot of them with Master March and Rats

RatsAndytwins-1.jpg

Lastly, a shot of me trying to sell my bread to our Captain. I guess he doesn't care for month old bread?!

Beggingasale-1.jpg

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

to Scuttle Sally....and the rest who had the herculean task of putting on such an event....a very heartfelt thank you for letting us (the Crewe)play.... B)

to members of the Pub...who i met... B) glad to finally meet ya face to face...now that i know what ya look like...i can keep an eye out fer ya

to the members of the Pub...who were there...and i didna no meet... B) what were ya hidin?...the rumours of me bitting are ...well they are true... :rolleyes: but would have been nice to have known yer face!!?!......next time where a button ot sumpthin, will ya!!?!

to all that were there....did anyone happen to see me voice? B) ...i know that i didnt make it back home with it....if anyone finds it...please send it my way....last seen ...it was near my head....that i wish i left behind...who was making those grogteenys again?... B) ...abdyabdyabdy.....

and Scuttle Sally....or anyone else who happend to get a hold of the paper....would love to have a copy....hard to get a hold of out here in the port city of D-troit

already lookin forward to next year....and playin even harder...i might need to buy and extra voice then...just in case i lose the first one again. B)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

and Scuttle Sally....or anyone else who happend to get a hold of the paper....would love to have a copy....hard to get a hold of out here in the port city of D-troit

Scuttle Sally,

Maybe a phone call to the paper would get someone to email a copy of the cover photo that can be posted here?

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

newscover.jpg

a bit fuzzy, but folks get the idea...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Geeze, and I, literally, only had a few drops this time!! :unsure::lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

A tip o' tha hat to all who made this festive venture a grande ol' tyme. Warms tha cockles of an Irish pyrate/highwayman/smuggler's 'eart it does. Do tell. Great company and cold libation, there's tha form, sez I, fer true fer true.

A toast an' thensome ta Cap'n Sterling, our frequent(ahem)employer, an tha Archangel crewe(nudge wink),co-horts in our owling vocation.

A tip an grin ta Lady Barbossa(yer welcome fer tha trek ta tha Irish pharmacy), and Merrydeath. Glad to finally meet ye both. Grande ye two are, true as true.

Till our next merry meeting, all.

Sleinte!

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

to all at the fest who made it what it was.. cheers!! Scuttle Sally and Davy and Capt Cotton and especialy Bilgemnkey.. thanks for all the work. I did mention you in the Wilson HOuse thank yous.. after feeding us so well for breakfast.

There was a man there taking pics with a nice camera (yes I did try to steal it) in pirate gear. I thought he said he was from HotPirateBabes.com but I don't see the fest on their events.. does anyone know who he was??

and I did take my camera, so if you have pics on your site, please let me know.

and Jack, twas a true pleasure to see you and the ever delightful Sebastian.. an ale in your honor, sir.

Hugs and kisses all around!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

To those of Fool's Gold that I have had to honour of meeting in the past, it was of most profound pleasure to have encountered you, once again...And Lady B, it seems to tickle mine recollect of certain negotiations taking place in a temporary local near the Quay. :huh:

IMG_0250.jpg

so this is where my First Mate got drunk!!

Good thing the fest is over, or I would order 30 lashes for not sharing the rum.. scallywag!

my regrets, not knowing that that was Moonhowler that set that stage, and then not getting my pic taken in it. I should have had the foresight to have the crew's pics taken there. I can see it in sepia... sigh.

Our lady Grace has some pics up of the fest, along with another mascot, Floggin Molly. I'll have to see about getting them up on the bucket.

thanks Sally, for tirelessly working on the fest. Sweat and tears, luv..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

http://www.rensites.com/deadbishop/pirate0...G_6276.jpg.html

just found out that the pirate taking pics all day there is Deadbishop from the renaissance fest site!! I KNEW he looked familir but wasnt sure from where.. and he took that without breaking the camera. :)

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

and Jack, twas a true pleasure to see you and the ever delightful Sebastian.. an ale in your honor, sir.

Hugs and kisses all around!

Oh Madame, you truly flatter....And may continue. :huh: The pleasure was shared in all earnest, and what pity that the weekend went by so quickly. As to your officer's condition, it is only just that in clearcut deffense, actions carried out were purly in the line of duty. The shipment had to be ensured of proper quality....and then sampled further to solidify initial findings..... :huh:

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Aye! 'Bastian be right there, Cap'm. I t'was only ensurin' that our "Goods" be vendored in the proper routes as it was obtained. :P A bit o' bargaining and persuasion, some convincing of ;) and :huh: nature... and finalized with more rounds of :huh: . Th' Regular didn't protest. They received their share as I know I can keep an eye upon them with no trouble Captain. :huh:

Yer First Mate was doin' Duties that day and th' previous to ensue all was accordin' t' plan! :huh:

I'm highly eager fo' next year. Hope t' be seein' th' lot of ye next year. And... perhaps... do some improv street skits of sorts. Anything to add to the experiece of the Port Washington Pirate Festival! What say ye?!

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

PW2007sm.jpg

Ha! At last! Did anyone notice that I finally remembered to box my feet?

What a great shot -- this is my personal favorite (mostly because I am actually in this one. I realize I posed for hundreds of tourists' cameras, but for very few fellow pirates. I rue the oversight).

It is worth noting that this photo was taken after the storm, and the entire set was dripping wet. The cushions on the chairs are saturated. Those seated threw a plank of wood over the seats to avoid wetting their backsides.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

One last thing, Pete...if that damn shark happens to find itself attached to my ass again...well, let's just say I enjoy sushi. A lot. :huh:

Shark fin soup. MMmmmm....

Scuttle Sally, I must apologize again. I make a joke about biting your ass (I mean the shark, not me personally), and then you turned your back to me and squared off against your opponent for a knife fight rehearsal...

...However, from my point of view, I was behind you, and after joking about the pending bite, I saw you bend over slightly, back up a step toward me, and stand very, very still... I really did not realize what you were planning to do until after the almost dead-on swift high-heeled boot kick toward my dinghy.

Really, I thought you were handing me the perfect straight line, and I would have been remiss not to follow through. Comedy = Tragedy + Time.

Scuttle Sally, I offer my most abject and humble apologies for biting your ass. ...Ummm, please everyone else -- please don't quote that last sentence out of context.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Bounding Main singing in the raiding ship.

boundingmainpanorama_small.jpg

My brother assisting Kotty Bits

002_small.jpg

This rigging is nice. Just look.

017_small.jpg

Oh yes, it is. You're quite correct.

040_small.jpg

and we shall call this anchor.... Our Anchor.

042_small.jpg

With Rakshanda

036_small.jpg

And in the Fog

045_small.jpg

046_small.jpg

PW2007sm.jpg

Ha! At last! Did anyone notice that I finally remembered to box my feet?

What a great shot -- this is my personal favorite (mostly because I am actually in this one. I realize I posed for hundreds of tourists' cameras, but for very few fellow pirates. I rue the oversight).

It is worth noting that this photo was taken after the storm, and the entire set was dripping wet. The cushions on the chairs are saturated. Those seated threw a plank of wood over the seats to avoid wetting their backsides.

This is also my personal favorite, and I feel privileged to have been included in it. It should be entitled "After the Tornado." I think it's great we all look so laid-back, considering we'd just spent about 35-40 min in the basement of various building, waiting to see if we were going to be sucked up to Oz. :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Does anyone know how to remove pieces of Scuttle Sally ass from shark's teeth? Floss and brushing do not seem to do the trick.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

PW2007sm.jpg

Okay ...did I miss the cast list from this photo? I'm going out on a limb here ...

Left to Right ...False Ransom, someone that I can not place, Bastian Devareaux, Cheeky Actress/Lilly, Mary Diamond, and Pete Straw.

Since Mary is the only one of the lot that I have ever actually seen in person the rest are educated guesses. I recall that Bastian is a smaller individual. I know Pete and Lilly from photos. This leaves the two on the left. The smuggler on the far left has a more feminine look than the the next and Ransom has stated she is in this photo. Am I close?

My only question now is ...who is that unnamed pirate that I do not recall?

Might I be of assistance, Madame? You are correct, for the most part.

From Left to Right:

False Ransom, Flintlock Jack, Sabastian Devareaux (c'est moi ),....The charming Madame next to me is actually Cheeks Twin sister, Lady Lynn ...Mary Diamond and Captain Pete Staw, ie Evil Peaches :lol:

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Double the trouble....Double the fun. impish grin

ClaudeDuval.jpg