Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

Now, now, tossing in a twin is sooo cheating!

Ah but when they smile you can always tell the difference! Does anyone have a close up of Cheeky's "new" teeth?? :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have seen photos of both and there is a distinct difference however, having seen only photographs and not the ladies in person unless they are side by side I haven't a clue.

I have sisters who are twins. They look as different as night and day to me yet people still confuse the two! ...Then there times that they confuse me for one of the two. :rolleyes:

:P

Cap'm Jim! How else would Sterling mess with th' Regulars when drunk!? Tossing in twins does the job might nicely! Trust me! :P

I'm sure I'll be hearin' 'bout it at Cantigny while carousin' at the White Horn Tavern!

Course.... I'm sure th' lot of ye will be accepted for evening events there. Nothings more fun than a slew of "old friends" coming to cause chaos an' mayhem! And to haunt th' poor lads an' lasses of the 4th Mass and Dragoons who were at Port Washington. Course, we could convince more from the NWTA to join up at Port Washington! Including the Brit units.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Now, now... as we all know, Pete Straw does not have a goatee. As was clearly pointed out in Port Washington, the gentleman with the goatee is Pete Straw's evil mirror-image twin from the mirror dimension who, as we all know from our Star Trek lore, can be identified by his wearing a goatee. In other words, that is Evil Peaches on the far right.

-- Pete Straw (wishing he had worn a goatee during Reenactor Fest II, and could therefore disassociate himself from some of his actions)

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

However, Cap'n Pete, just like any good 'Star Trek' episode, there is that brief moment in time that one can meet up with their 'evil' side – sharing both time and space.

As you can see, nothing ‘catastrophic’ happened last weekend when my twin and I met...oh wait, there was that tornado, wasn't there?! :rolleyes:

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you and Evil Peaches showed up for RF4! Hmm…now that would be interesting, wouldn’t it?!

BTW Cap’n Pete, it is very hard to get leather out from between teeth. I suggest a leather man’s tool.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Way too busy during the event, even busier these days following. (I thought I would get to slow down when I got old!!)

So many Pub folks I would have like to have met! I was fortunate enough to quickly introduce myself to Capt. Sterling, Rats and Cheeky Actress before returning to my Fool's Gold duties. Now I know the faces of more, thanks to all the great photos. I will really, really try to get around more next year!

Here's a photo of most of the crew of the Fool's Gold, boarding the Windy II shortly after the tornado warning.

PICT0504.jpg

L-R: Lady Barbossa, Daniel, Andre (my & Red Bess' sons), Merrydeath, Sjörövaren, Mad Grace Flint, Red Bess.

Evil Peaches and Long Shot stayed ashore to guard the treasure!

Good lord man, my profound apologies for not stepping forward to proper introduction. Tis in truth that I loitered about your area on more that one occassion. It seemed that you were all quite occupied with the "signing of the Articles". Perhaps in the future such will be rectified.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Ah but when they smile you can always tell the difference!  Does anyone have a close up of Cheeky's "new" teeth??  :lol:

Does this help?

JeffNewCamera091.jpg

Actually, no, I was thinking more along the teeth in this photo... now you can really tell them apart...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

:lol:

Cap'm Jim! How else would Sterling mess with th' Regulars when drunk!? Tossing in twins does the job might nicely! Trust me!  :lol:

Me? Drunk?! Actually this time, when Pete showed up with the grogtinis, I just about ran the other way... :lol::lol: After drinking them at RF2, I nearly froze to death outside after the jeopardy game... If I'd been drinking them at PW, I most likely would have been outside arguing with the tornado! I'm beginning to think Bart Roberts had the right idea. :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Ah but when they smile you can always tell the difference!  Does anyone have a close up of Cheeky's "new" teeth??   :lol:

Does this help?

JeffNewCamera091.jpg

Actually, no, I was thinking more along the teeth in this photo... now you can really tell them apart...

:lol: Oh, yes. I remember those teeth! Funny, by Saturday night, they had gone through a miraculous cure! No black in sight!

I remembered them by - one sold bits, one sold bread. Both were a hoot, and fun to hang out with. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Try sleeping with them and the snotties... could barely make it to the bed let alone find my blunderbuss! and I had the largest tent in the camp!! :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

:lol: Guess that's why you're the Captain?

Gotta confess, I REALLY liked my hot shower and soft bed at the motel. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I was blessed with a pass to a hot shower, thanks to CBIL and Flintlock, but never found the time to make it over. As for the snotties, they just enjoy being dirty, although young Mr. Merriweather did manage to fall in the lake.... :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

JeffNewCamera091.jpg

Fun to hang out with. :lol:

Lilly shoots a look and rolls her eyes... :lol: GROAN! Very animated, aren’t I?

Well, I must admit it was a great bit to do, especially with the kids. The kids always asked about the condition of my teeth. I kept saying to them that it was the on set of Scurvy and if they didn’t want to end up with bad teeth they had to make sure they ate their fruits and vegetables!

I had one mother who worked in the health care industry 'thanked' me for enforcing good eating habits to her 5 and 7 year old. “They won’t listen to me.” She added. “It seems that they took you very seriously. Maybe hearing it from ‘pirate’ will make them think twice about questioning me!”

Stranger things have happen folks…You see….Pirates are great role models!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Welp... as refered earlier while at Port Washington... we should start booking some rooms in advance, a good block of rooms together. Aye?

The hot tub is mighty nice an' so is th' pool!

I thoroughly enjoying these pictures. I've not taken my in to develope yet. Soon, though. I promise.

Already, Bloody Davy Kidd (my nephew) is swearing NOT to miss next year. He's bummed out that he missed this year.

~Lady B

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Already, Bloody Davy Kidd (my nephew) is swearing NOT to miss next year. He's bummed out that he missed this year.

Bloody Davy was greatly missed! Next year we must set those teenage lads out into the crowds to do some serious pilfering and plundering.

Well, I must admit it was a great bit to do, especially with the kids. The kids always asked about the condition of my teeth. I kept saying to them that it was the on set of Scurvy and if they didn’t want to end up with bad teeth they had to make sure they ate their fruits and vegetables!

I had one mother who worked in the health care industry 'thanked' me for enforcing good eating habits to her 5 and 7 year old. “They won’t listen to me.” She added. “It seems that they took you very seriously. Maybe hearing it from ‘pirate’ will make them think twice about questioning me!”

Stranger things have happen folks…You see….Pirates are great role models!

Cheeky, thank you for doing your part to promote "Scurvy Awareness" :unsure:

Welp... as refered earlier while at Port Washington... we should start booking some rooms in advance, a good block of rooms together. Aye?

The hot tub is mighty nice an' so is th' pool!

I thoroughly enjoying these pictures. I've not taken my in to develope yet. Soon, though. I promise.

~Lady B

:unsure:

Hotel rooms?? Damnation Woman, ye need to learn to camp! Tis where ye find all the best pricketty stitchery stories!

Crewe of the Archangel

I will give deep consideration to camping, under the condition that Cheek's sister brings the rig she has stashed away in the Pennsic Trailer...With all proper appointments included, of course. :lol::rolleyes:

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I will give deep consideration to camping, under the condition that Cheek's sister brings the rig she has stashed away in the Pennsic Trailer...With all proper appointments included, of course. :lol::rolleyes:

Wrong time period....sorry

Crewe of the Archangel

I will give deep consideration to camping, under the condition that Cheek's sister brings the rig she has stashed away in the Pennsic Trailer...With all proper appointments included, of course. :lol:   :rolleyes:

Wrong time period....sorry

Truly, mon Frere....It was but in jest.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Lilly just smiles at 'Bastain....

"Oh, but who can say 'no' to such an encampment? It would make any "Gypsy" feel at home, - Is it not beautiful? Yup...she does this stuff for fun!

AR me can say no....snigger

Crewe of the Archangel

Tres vien....Then this will have to do.

cara.jpg

gyproa1.jpg

This will have to do. smirk

ClaudeDuval.jpg