Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Capt.Trade.Wind

Those are great pics! Next year I just might camp, if you all return. And keep up the shenanigans*.

* Yes, I said shenanigans. Sometimes these things happen.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from some of the glaring mistakes that still need to be corrected in our kits, you guys really need to learn to tie yer cravats.... snigger...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:lol::o Well done indeed, Rats! Have to ask - did the shot of Evil Peaches on the deck of the "Black Pearl" turn out?

The shot of Peaches and the Shark (Sounds like a kids book LOL), is priceless. Pete should use it as his Avatar or Signature.

Everyone looks smashing - mis-tied cravats or not. :o

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

ACK!!! I just found out my daughter had a hand in that photograph... she's hanging with Peaches and Rats... shudder.... ;) Oh and btw, Ship's carpenter says you two have WAAAYYY too much free time on yer hands... :D:blink:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

You know what they say......? :blink:

What do they say?? ;)

Oh yeah!!!

Something about "Idol hands and a twisted mind"???

;)

Yeah I added that last part!!! But it's true!

:D

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Is this the end of Evil Peaches?

I think not. An evil twin is never really dead, right?

So right, Sjöröveren, 'tis true!

They will call you up and ask for money! :blink:

Cheeky...

who knows a think or two about such things!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

ACK!!! I just found out my daughter had a hand in that photograph... she's hanging with Peaches and Rats... shudder.... ;)

(Methodical Laughter) :blink:

Come now Captain, there are worst things than Evil Peaches and Rats nurturing your daughter’s ‘creative’ side, isn't there?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Yeah you can terrify all the little kiddies... will always remember the look on that kid's face after all your questions asking him to tell you why he was a pirate and then you fire at him..."So you are a pyrate then! We'll we're pirate hunters, so now we're going to arrest you and hang you!" Made his day, I thought he was going to faint! It was perfect! :blink:

Crewe of the Archangel

I second that, Will. Welcome to the Pub.

Rats, I'm told you have a few PW dance pictures that I should be "very afraid" of?

Should I be? <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Bon Soir y'all

William and Gladys the Madolin here (Maevis the fiddle is at home)

Now that I have found the site, I look forward to posting some pics here soon.

Welcome to the Pub, Will! Tis good to see ye here only thing better would be to be able to hear Maevis and Gladys as well! ;)<_<:o;)

Crewe of the Archangel

Crewe of the Archangel

Well, at least I don't look as insane as I did in the pictures from Addison.

Say, that is a fine coat on me, Rats. Did somebody make that?

(Can't thank you enough. But thanks again, anyway.)

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

On the contrary! He politely asked, I said OK, but, really, I didn't think he'd drop me that deep! Let alone be able to get me back up again!

Truth be told, I had a FABULOUS time dancing with everyrum! ~ ah, that, is... everyone! :D

Did I mention I like dancing? ;) Not skilled, but VERY enthusiastic. ;)

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Bon Soir y'all

William and Gladys the Madolin here (Maevis the fiddle is at home)

Now that I have found the site, I look forward to posting some pics here soon.

Salut, William!! :lol: And let me not be rude by not acknowledging Gladys and her sweet strains of melodic delight. Has it not seemed an age since gourmet Chinese in subterra den? So wonderful to "see" you and welcome!!

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Has it not seemed an age since gourmet Chinese in subterra den?

Mssr Devareaux.

Time has been flying. Nothing I am doing now compares with the pleasure I had in the ship's company.

Any chance we will enjoy your company in Kenosha or Payneton in the beginning of August?

Being a smuggler, you will appreciate that one of the new songs I am learning focuses on illicit distillery.

A joy and privilege to see you again.

William

Your most and obliged humble servant,

William Dezoma

Alas, I am quite sorry to report that another trip to fair Northern lands might be hard to negotiate so soon. And I assure, not for lack of desire to do such...But then again, if one were to aquire fruitful gain with a round of Piquet, or two....Perhaps it could happen.

And a tune that reckons tales of "spirit conjuring"? Do tell. I am most curious to the title. Is it of Irish origins? For there are many Irish Traditional songs that deal with such. Perhaps Hills of Connemara?

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Alas, I am quite sorry to report that another trip to fair Northern lands might be hard to negotiate so soon.

'Bastion, mon ami, vous serez manqué. You will be missed indeed.

There will be port in my home port, for I never leave home without it and this is my home to boot.

Payneton is still far from you, but we will raise glasses in your honor.

I am don't think I will make it to PIP, as I work like an indentured servant through the school year. Though it sounds as though everyone will be there.

Your most and obliged humble servant,

William Dezoma