Roll Call 2007

William Brand

Taking nothing away from Callenish, but I got my doglock from Loyalist Arma as a wedding gift and it has been terrific. The Goddess and I each got one fromn our crewe as wedding presents. They have worked perfectly. We fire them with 70 grains of powder with Wonder Bread that give it a good kick and we've never had a misfire. Good product at a very fair price.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

callenish... but most of what you will be selling (the weapons) will be to reenactors.... not the general public..... you're not selling crappy stainless steal swords and such.......

I don't know Florida weapons laws..... maybe Jim or Hurricane know more about it.......

It's not like some of the Renn. Faires where the guy in a "Kiss me I Celtic" tee-shirt buys a Conan sword.... and then drinks a bunch ale.... and wants to swing the thing around......

So would it be that much of a problem to tell folks that "I can't sell it to you right now..... but after 5:00 is do-able"..... or something like that....?

I don't know the rules, and I don't know the law..... but there must be a way to make it work for everyone...........

am i going MADDDD???....or did i just hear a bunch of PYRATES discussing FOLLOWING the RULES????? B)

thats what i thought being a "PYRATE" was all about..."FREE-TRADE" B)

i know at most events ive been to....only weapons that have an "interior" or "closed" firring mechanism" would have to follow weapon laws

flintys and even cap and ball weapons (anything without a cartridge) would go under "replicas" and therefore did not follow the same guidelines....in modern terms...liike i was told at the border crossing into canada...when asked if i had any weapons...."NO...I Mean REAL weapons"

ifn ya ask nicely...they should let ya sell yer wares

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I believe it violates state law. It's mostly because this is a state park, not a private venue. So I would imagine it falls under the same guidelines that you can't sell items made of coral, endangered woods and feathers. Again, if it was not a state park, the rules here are a lot freer. Hell you can buy black powder everywhere here and I can rack my guns and cannon off in my backyard.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

So what if he were to make the actual sale off property?? I just think it would be a shame especially for the reenactors who might be wanting to load up on a few more pieces to actually use during the event, but of course we certainly don't want Harry to get into any sort of trouble either....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Meself and the Cap'n were also going to purchase some of the flintlock pistols. Perhaps we make the "sale" in advance by charging our cards and printing a sales slip, and just take delivery at a convenient place? Then the "sale" had already taken place, just the delivery was in Key West? Thoughts? We wants our weapons, lets find a way!!!

So what if he were to make the actual sale off property?? I just think it would be a shame especially for the reenactors who might be wanting to load up on a few more pieces to actually use during the event, but of course we certainly don't want Harry to get into any sort of trouble either....

well.....as long as it was just harry gettting in trouble...i would be willing to risk it B)

Damnation... we be pirates..surely we can think of something?!

Um, okay...this event... ye be pirates... we be... ahem... pirate hunters... ye know...the real bad guys... all the more reason for us to think of something..ahem.. B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

well ya know...i bought me murdoch from scottland... B) ...and due too international gun laws...they were unable to ship from there to here. :lol: ..unless they didn't drill the frizzen hole.. :lol: .no hole ...ya have a non-firring weapon...hence replica. :lol: ..course drilling yer own frizzn hole was 'bout the easiest thing i ever did :lol: ...course i'm just sayin'....

At the beginning of November I'll have a posting on the pub of exactly what I'll have available for sale prior to my venturing to PIP.....if you are interested in a piece; I'll ask that you email me prior to the event and make at least a verbal commitment to purchasing a weapon that will indicate to me that i need to "deliver your weapon" to you while in Key West so no sale has to take place within the fort and if actual delivery has to take place on a public street corner in the city then so be it. I will follow the letter of the law if not the spirit of it.... and as with any other sale i make i stand behind the weapon 100% and will make repairs to the weapon for the life of it!!!

& all flintlock weapons are battle ready with touch-holes drilled and flints mounted with leather pads and included will be a care and feeding manual ....and any weapon can be used in the battles at the event once you attend the morning safety meetings and ante up into the powder kitty. ....I'm bringing powder for the use in the battles so that anyone traveling or flying who doesn't want to deal with the transportation of powder can have access to some for the battle scenarios ......I will also be bringing paper cartridges so that the loads will be pre-measured and designed for the weapons you're using for the event. (and for all reenactments that I participate in all over the country I wouldn't want to see anyone overloading a pistol and then using any sort of wadding down the barrel that violates the Point Blank Range limit) it's a matter of safety first!!!

I was hoping to maybe go this year, but I have family coming about the same time. (sigh.. maybe next year!)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

too what???.......OH DAMN...... thats right.....that alll!!?!?!?.....where the hell didi i put me shoes....so much work left to do......take in my petticoat britches....find me shoes....make a new shirt...find me shoes....re tarr me hat...find those damn shoes...oil me fishtailed musket...WHERE THE HELL ARE ME SHOES?!?!?!?! B)

I was at the event last year and had a great time. I have been out to sea pretty much since the event last year, so haven't been able to keep up on things. If someone would like to e-mail me and fill me in on things that would be great! I plan on staying at the fort again with the group I was with last year, so I guess that means the 1720 Careening Camp. You can count me in as confirmed as I have a radar observer training the week prior in Ft. Lauderdale and an Outward Bound instructor training the week after in Key Largo. I am still trying/ hoping to get or sail a long boat down, so I may need some crew to help me. I will keep you posted.

E-mail me directly rustyrice@mac.com and let me know what is going on and if I need to be in touch with anyone else.

Capt. Rusty

Yeah, I know. We've pretty much just been emailing each other back and forth about the Port Royal camp. PM me if you want in the loop. Most of the Port Royal folks are on the board here these days.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...

Our crewe update is as follows. We are having our first dry run of Port Royal tomorrow.

Hurricane

Diosa

Oryginal Cinn

Touche

Sheila

Mizzen

Studley

Bootleg

Red Handed Jill (ours)

Youngblood (cabin boy)

Rusty

Krispy

Willie Wobble (the cookie - probable)

I think that makes 13 in the Port Royal Tavern.

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Oh, and the PiP website was updated today. I should have a printable program tomorrow or Monday, latest. Depends on Goombay Festival and when Julie can get it to me. Geez, they have fun there ...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

This is my official retraction.

I just can't do PiP. The cost of flying all the way to FL is just too much and the drive isn't feasible for one person alone.

Have a good time everyone!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Confirming that the middies, the ship's carpenter and myself will be attending... :rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: So what are the best restaurants?

Crewe of the Archangel

I just can't do PiP.

Ooooowh.... rats.....

I hope there is someway that turns up so you can make it.......

I'm getting kinda worried.... It's time ter get my airplane ticket..... and my Boss who is going also.... is slightly dragging her feet...... she keeps telling me that 30 days "is the time" to get tickets...... but heck....... I want th' grubby thing in me grubby fist.......

Yah.... take another swig O' rum..... don't panick..... it will all work out......

<or else it will get kinda messy......>

Hell of high water...... I'm going to be there........