Roll Call 2007

William Brand

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday

7 - 9 p.m. - Key West Lighted Holiday Parade. Join the scurvy pirates for this parade. Best viewing for this holiday-spirited parade is along Truman and Duval streets. FREE.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The parade is a blast, and considerably larger than Port Washington (just for reference, as that is the only parade Maddogge and I have been in together!).

The streets are packed, lots of people attending, floats and walkers, and the crowd is great ~

Here are a few photos from PiP 2006, to whet everyones appetite!

Not a very good pic of the parade, but a pic, nonetheless ~ Hey! who is that handsome devil on the left?

IMG_2387.jpg

Portside Tom and Bawdy Be aboard the Wolf Sunset Sail ~ 2 of the REALLY NICE PEOPLE you can look forward to meeting at PiP

IMG_2352.jpg

Drinks, shanties, and storytelling in the Fort afterhours ~

IMG_2367.jpg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

The parade is a blast, and considerably larger than Port Washington (just for reference, as that is the only parade Maddogge and I have been in together!).

The streets are packed, lots of people attending, floats and walkers, and the crowd is great ~

Here are a few photos from PiP 2006, to whet everyones appetite!

Not a very good pic of the parade, but a pic, nonetheless ~ Hey! who is that handsome devil on the left?

IMG_2387.jpg

Portside Tom and Bawdy Be aboard the Wolf Sunset Sail ~ 2 of the REALLY NICE PEOPLE you can look forward to meeting at PiP

IMG_2352.jpg

Drinks, shanties, and storytelling in the Fort afterhours ~

IMG_2367.jpg

interesting "period pipe"...there in the foreground....i tend to see alot of thosee here in D-troit...just nevr called em pyrate... :mellow:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Remember, PiP hosts all kinds of pirates, varying degrees of pc (some just want to have fun!). This is Key West, mate, not St. Mary's!

i said it was interesting.... :o ....sheeesh...... :mellow: .....i just didna know all those folks down on 8 mile(thats in D-troit not he bridge) were pyrates tooo... :o ....i just wonder what they would do if i showed up and hoisted me colours... :o .....murder capital of the world....plus one.... :o

..i just didna know all those folks down on 8 mile(thats in D-troit not he bridge) were pyrates tooo... :o ....i just wonder what they would do if i showed up and hoisted me colours... :mellow:.....murder capital of the world....plus one.... :o

I thought that was Camden NJ? Hmmmm ...now I gots t'go search the statistics . :o

Remember, PiP hosts all kinds of pirates, varying degrees of pc (some just want to have fun!). This is Key West, mate, not St. Mary's!

i said it was interesting.... :o ....sheeesh...... :mellow: .....i just didna know all those folks down on 8 mile(thats in D-troit not he bridge) were pyrates tooo... :o ....i just wonder what they would do if i showed up and hoisted me colours... :o .....murder capital of the world....plus one.... :o

What I was trying to say (I should have written out in more detail, Sorry!) is I know a lot of people are agonizing over pc detail for PiP at this moment (myself included) and I wanted to take a moment to point out that there will be ALL Kinds of Pirates there. This is a FUN event! Don't let the little stuff drive you nuts ~ just get there and have a great time!

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

nearly 10 hours in a small truck with me...each way....and you got to tell ME....some people like to have fun????? :o ....its the only reason im spending all this timeenergymony to git down there :o .....people better be havin fun....a whole lot of it...meself included....period correct or not...dont care when the ale is flown...(can insert rum for ale or vice versa)....just thought it funny that i just saw the same pipe in a head shop downtown last weekend tis all.......

ps.....your hubby needs a hat.....not to be P.C. (ick)...i just like HATS :mellow:

:o:mellow::o

6 DAYS!

Oh, I can Hardly Wait! Don't forget to reserve a spot to go sailing on one of the boats ~ they fill up quickly.

Weather is looking lovely! 80/81 to 72/74 overnight ~ Woohoo!

Last 'jack of the thread (Sorry!) Ah yes, the Hat. Mark has been on Pirate probation from last PiP, pending his arrival this year with facial hair and a hat. To which end, I custom ordered hubbalicious a loverly hat from HatCrafters ~ really top notch folks.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Yes, several of the WOLF sails are near full. We were just finishing our own reservations with Julie and Finbar. Don't be left ashore...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Good to hear about the weather. The Port Royal crewe heads out Wednesday night for our seven hour jaunt. We will arrive at the fort around 6 a.m. on Thursday morning and start setting up shoppe and the "tavern".

So many things to still do. We got our sugar in and our sugar cane pressed cleaned for demos. We have all our provisions in order for cooking and eating, along with several period card and dice games to play.

The wenches have been working hard on new items for the shoppe too, which will be next to the "Catt & Fiddle" in the casements, right where we were last year. Stop by and play a game of Passage with one of our characters, if you have some spare coin in your pockets. And check out the recruitment notices on the tavern walls. Several captains are recruiting for their voyages.

Susannah Nash will be your hostess in the tavern while her husband's away. And Sir Henry Morgan will be hanging around, as he always does. Seems like the tavern is his home away from home. We even have a strumpet or two floating about to entertain the gentlemen.

As for defending the homeland, we have several doglocks and Queen Anne's in stock and powder for them and our new cannon. We ran final checks on the weapons yesterday. Willie Wobble trained us (he gets to shoot the big ones off at the fort in St. Augustine, lucky bas****). Should be a fun time.

Our troupe has been working their collected behinds every night for three weeks now to make sure we have a grand time in PiP. I think we're ready!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Carol and I will be flying out early on Wednesday morning (I think...) But we're flying into Key West, so I'm guessing we will arive at about sunset......

So today, and tomarrow, I'm working on alla th' last munite stuff that needs to be done......

Lets see.... today, tomarrow, Monday and Tuesday...... then YAY......... <_<

We are pumped to be sure. Boxes are arriving every day as some of our crewe ships things in from points afar. Looks like we will have 11 re-enactors in Port Royal...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

The sand goes pit pat in the hourglass.

It does? Ye can hear that? ** banging ear** too many broadsides...

one of these hours I'd best start packing... horrors... should be there sometime Wednesday... William pm me with a cell phone number if ye please...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Making last minute preparations and getting the artwork matted and supplies ready for transport.

Can't wait to get there. See y'all soon.

Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

i kow, i know, i know...last minute and all...with some already there.....

but add 2 more to the list of attendees.....all the way from colorado.....will be playing with the archangel crewe...who in turn will be playing with everyone else.....so anyway....

anybody know ...since too late to mail in registration...from colorado it wont git there now until after the event...folks can sign up when they git there???....right???? :(

Yes, they can sign up on site. Harry just wanted to get a jump on the paperwork so people didn't have to pay at the gate initially to get into the fort.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Well, after a slightly tense emergency landing and a swarming of 8 emergency vehicles after they landed, William has made it safely to Key West...well the airport anyway. He's attempting to find a lift from the airport to the fort as I type this. I hope everyone else arrives safe and sound and has a blast at all the events. :-)

MaeveBanner_justbarber.jpg

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

- Maria Robinson