Roll Call 2007

William Brand

Hey Free Boot!!!

As the proud parent of a six year old and three 2.5 year olds, not to mention I "Protect & Serve" for a living, it goes without saying that I am very protective of my friends and also their family!!!

I believe the good Captain Sterling will also be bringing some young snotties, so they will have youngins to pal around with!!

Bring em along and let em have a great time!! :lol:

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang.... Imagine this.....

When you were a kid....

And everyone asks you where your going for the weekend ....

And you could tell them your going to go camping with a buncha Pyrates......

HOW COOL IS THAT?

Being a "Bad Boy" is all fun and games..... but Silkie was very safe last year at the Fort..... :lol:

Thar be nothing better than reenactments/Living History to help bring up a child says I! Not only does it help them to become more outgoing... (mine were ridiculously shy with everyone), but it is incredible how positively it affects their learning and thus their time in school!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The last time I was at PIP I had a 15 year old lad and a 14 year old lass with me ...they were quite safe even on Duval St. ...they ended up adopted by a high school class, on their senior trip from Virginia, who brought back 2 "live pirates" for the scavenger hunt party at their hotel (I had made sure that the teachers/chaperones were on the up and up)....they hopped the bus and came back to the fort when the party was over .... so I'm sure your sisters will be ok as long as some common sense is used. With all these Dutch Uncles and Aunties about I'm sure that they'll have a lot of supervision .....whether they want it or not :D

(Patrick I was more worried about the fellows at the fort last year with Silkie there .....even more than sharks off the beach for those moon light swims ) :lol::huh:;)

:huh::huh::o:o

Yeah! Thanks for the positive replies.

So William, count my family in too.

Robert (My Dad)

Nea (My Mom)

Abby (Sister 1)

Emma (Sister 2)

:rolleyes:

They are trying to borrow a period tent from some friends, so I'll give you more word on that.

PS Is there modern camping at the fort? I can't seem to remember. Might be a backup option if they can't get a canvas tent. :huh:

(Patrick I was more worried about the fellows at the fort last year with Silkie there .....even more than sharks off the beach for those moon light swims )

:huh:   :o   :o   :huh:

Oh please. :rolleyes: Everyone knows I'm all flirt and no action ....the majority of the time. :huh:

All bark and no bite ...unless he likes that sort of thing! :o

:huh::huh::huh:

OH! I almost forgot to post ~ we THREE are DEFINITELY attending, Mark, Yak and I! Tickets are purchased - WOOHOO!

Thursday, Nov 29

Arrive Miami 12:35pm

Driving from Miami to Key West

Returning Wednesday, Dec 5 ~ plenty of time to recover, and hopefully visit the Dry Tortugas!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Well, I'm in a bind. Unless something drastic changes in the near future, PiP is going to have to come off my schedule :rolleyes:

Mainly, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my camp & the coffeehouse down there. There is no one near by going down on a ride share and the 3 day trip by myself is just *not* possible.

Still, I'm not saying a full "no" until after Mississinewa. I've got my fingers crossed that some option will come out of the wood work before then.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Where are you located? We are going to be driving down with a van from Indiana, near the Cincinnati area. We could assist with transport of goods if we are close enough to your area, or possibly look into shipping your goods to Harry. The UPS rates are not too bad these days. Let us know, we would sure like you to be able to attend!

Well, I'm in a bind. Unless something drastic changes in the near future, PiP is going to have to come off my schedule

Chole.......walk..... :D

Nah... that don't work.....

OK.....

Ditch th' coffee house, and hitch hike....... :rolleyes:

Maybe that don't work also......

But there's gotta be someway you can get down there.............

The Pyrates of the Coast body count is as follows:

Hurricane

Diosa

Oryginal Cinn

Touche

Master Studley

Sheila

Willie Wobble

Bootleg

Red Handed Jill (ours, not the on pyracy.com)

Rusty Nail and Krispy will be amongst us as well. We're not sure which style of camping they are doing.

That should be it for now.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Well, I'm in a bind. Unless something drastic changes in the near future, PiP is going to have to come off my schedule

Chole.......walk..... :rolleyes:

Nah... that don't work.....

OK.....

Ditch th' coffee house, and hitch hike....... :D

Maybe that don't work also......

But there's gotta be someway you can get down there.............

Get yourself and what you can carry down there. A place to stay and things to do will present thmeselves.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Ditch th' coffee house, and hitch hike.......

Yeah, that's what I keep coming back to. Of course without the coffeehouse, I have no impression (& no coffee in the morning :huh: ). I suppose I could do the musician thing in a pinch though. And I am trained in artillery. I'm sure I'd be able to find *something* to do with myself all day.

Of course now it's looking like my little swab will be joining me. Makes it a little harder to not have my own tent etc. and means I'd need to find car space for 2 people rather than just me.

*sigh* travel is so darn complicated!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Chole.. You know you can always do the hawker impression... And it sounds like there has been some flux in a cook's position...

I personally plan to shoot, fight, drink and fall down...

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I personally plan to shoot, fight, drink and fall down...

Hey... welcome to th' Carribean.........

without the coffeehouse, I have no impression

I'm kinda sure you would make a good impression even without th' coffee house........ (should I pack my Wheeland tent (lean-to) it's small and light.... but if ye need a place ter camp........)

This is really driving me nuts...

My attending has recently come under some doubt. In fact at this very moment, I am under the impression that I will not be attending PiP. I have a few weeks with which to turn this around, but I'm starting to get pessimistic.

To those I had discussed a car pool with, please accept my appologies, and I hope making different arrangements comes easily for you. :rolleyes:

To all those who do make it, I hope you all have the best of times, and please take lots of pictures and have lots of good stories to tell so that those of us who fell on the way can live vicariously through you all! :lol:

As I said, there is a chance something may happen at the 11th hour that could change my fortunes for the better, but I don't want anyone depending on me in case things don't work out.

Is there any absolute cut-off date for committing? I just would like to know what my timeline for turning things around is.

Michael_banner.jpg

Is there any absolute cut-off date for committing? I just would like to know what my timeline for turning things around is.

The absolute cut off time is ten minutes before the whole event ends. If you can come down for half, a third or even a tenth of the event, we'd love to see you there.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

The absolute cut off time is ten minutes before the whole event ends. If you can come down for half, a third or even a tenth of the event, we'd love to see you there.

Thanks William!

That does give me a bit more time on my side to hopefully turn things around.

Should I and my other half still fill in the forms and send them in? In hopes of a change of fortune...

Or should I wait until I get a better indicator or what will be?

Michael_banner.jpg

Got the word from Harry

"Vendors will be required to follow the sales guidelines established by the Division of Recreation and Parks. Items that are not to be sold, rented, or used in food service or packaging include:

Sling shots, bow and arrow sets, and other dangerous or weapon-like items."

He said that possibly I could bring blades if they are packaged after sales so that patrons could not access them while inside the park proper ...so I'm not sure that any flintlocks could be sold to the public!

So I might just have to come seriously armed to the hilt ....and be willing to do some after-hours wheeling & dealing of my personal armoury

This would seriously affect what I'm willing to bring with me and it would also restrict where we'd be permitted to camp as well

Callenish, I have seen a few purveyors who held the weapons until the close of day or fest and then delivered or shipped. Another way around is to "display" a piece, sell it, take it home and ship from there. I mean, we are all going to be armed to the teeth anyway, what's a few more weapons? Also, I remember a sword dealer there my first year.

I'm sure there is a work-around or solution somewhere.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I was looking forward to buying a pistol or two from Callenish when I get to Key West. I'm in the market for either a doglock or maybe an early dragoon type. I'd really like to get both if the price is right and the money is available. I saved about $600 by canceling my hotel resevations and deciding on tent camping.

I guess I could always buy one and have you ship it out to me before PIP and then you can make any alteration to it when I see you there.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)