Roll Call 2007

William Brand

really sorry to hear that family"business" gettin in the way od family fun.....hope everything works out fer yah.....a pint or two (or 3or 4) will be raised (and emptied) in yer honor.....

and a note to those who had wished to bunk with callenish....we might be able ta squeeze ya in over at the Archangel camp...course none of it s too fancy...a couple of leantoos...a tent or two......but we always seem to have a good time.... :huh:

course....since yer will be bunkin with me brother and i...we doo have a question er two....

which do ya prefer to sleep in??? :huh:

1. a night gown

2. a sheep skin

and....are ya a light sleeper??? :huh:

just askin.... :rolleyes:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes! Sorry to hear that Callenish won't make it - I'd looked forward ta meetin' him!

And this seems to leave me on the "homeless" end of things - does anyone have some space they could offer? I've worked very hard on making a proper, historically accurate outfit, and I've even made a special cover for my air mattress that makes it look like an uncomfortable bedroll. I don't need much - just something to keep the rain off, should it prove necessary.

PM me if you can help!

BILGEMUNKY!!

How did I miss your attendance? I am happy you are coming ~ look forward to seeing you again! Perhaps you are bringing some fun music? Music that I can wildly dance to?

:rolleyes:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Callenish and Saltypots, sorry to hear ye both won't be making the trip... ye shall be greatly missed.

Bilgemunk, ye are certainly welcome to crash some where with us "good guys".. Silkie is also moving in... we promise not to work ye too hard to cover yer room and board... :huh::rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

yo...bilgy.....

tho the question still stands......

i hope ya perfer the "nightgown"....while my brother would perfer ya to wear the "sheepskin" ifn he had his druthers...... :huh:

but we bothe heard ya were a "heavy sleeper"......thats goood.... :rolleyes:

real good :huh:

welcome to the Archangel crewe.........hehehehe

i can already hear the arguments between the "maddogge" and "tiger billie"...who has to bunk with the "monkey" :huh:

I am happy you are coming ~ look forward to seeing you again! Perhaps you are bringing some fun music? Music that I can wildly dance to?

Aside from a loaded MP3 player for the trip, I hadn't actually planned to bring any music, as I'd assumed there'd be no way to play it (I've tried sticking a CD in a cannon, but alas, no music.)

It sounds like I needn't worry for a place to crash, the Archangel's got my back (poor choice of words, perhaps.) Although I'd best start practicing sleeping with one eye open, it would seem :rolleyes:

Can't wait for - not only an awsome pirate festival - but one where I ain't workin and missin' half the fun :huh:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Oi, a word of caution... skip the sheepskin, they be Scots ye know.... :rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Think I'll pack the wealend Lean-too... might come in handy(they gots extra rope at th' Fort)... heck.... we Pyrates (and those snotty nosed Pyrate Hunters)..... hcek... we can make it all work out an' be cool.....

UPS didn't work fer shipping (well th' problem is getting it all back...( th' "Pick-up") so I guess I will fly with alla it.. (acording to TSA rules.....)

Right now it sux.... but when I have alla me stuff... in Key West... at PiP..... damn.... it's goinna be so damn cool......

William I was under the impression we would have electricity on the beach. However, we need extension cords. Callenish was going to bring a few and I have a 50' cord. We can burry the thing in the sand if we must or we can pull it in for the days.

I will bring my little boom box (CD and tape) if there is room but if someone has something better please bring it.

Wow! I didn't know they had boom boxes in 1725... and what is this thing they call electricity? <_<

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Just kidding, lass. I would hardly question a person's medical need.

Everyone in Port Royal is allowed one modern convenience as well - everyone chose inflatable mattresses to sleep on. Otherwise the only power we will have is candle power, even after hours.

Have you ever tried to find Muscovado sugar these days? That was a hunt...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

yo silkie....what are ya talkin about...you no needen anything to help you sleep while at PiP.....cause we just plannin on stayin awake da hole time lass :rolleyes:

what...wit the night life...midnight skinny dips....the ghost huntin thru the fort....all da rum...da singin and playin music....i am not even bringing a pillow...cant imagine my head will have time to use one!!!!! :lol:

...midnight skinny dips....

ACK!! OUCH!!! OH my eyes... oops eye!!!!

Crewe of the Archangel

William ~

Has PiP reserved a spot in the Holiday Parade? (I really hope so! It was a blast last year, but the pirates got split up ~ we kinda made room for ourselves, as it were.) B)

If So: Is there anything needed for the parade, such as a banner, etcetera? Is there a planned gathering place, and at what time? Can/should crewes bring their own flags? Anything else?

If Not: Is it too late? Show of Hands ~ Who is interested? I already have my beads bought!

Thanks! B)

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Apparently, for better or worse, at this time, organizing for the parade has fallen on me. Of course, final say-so rests with Harry. I have in the past had my open pick-up truck with me to fill with pirates, but I won't have it this year. If anybody has an open truck, it will be welcome for those that don't wish to walk. A banner would be good. I usually have my 10 foot jolly roger attached horizontally to a pole for carrying as a banner. There has always been a spot where the parade forms up, but the issue is getting there on time. They DO close the streets off.

We'll get it all figured out after we get there, and see what we've got......

>>>>>> Cascabel

Thank you, Cascabel!

Would a hand-painted canvas banner be ok? I must be insane, considering how much I still have to do, but I may be able to pull something simple together ~ or, at least, bring the materials with to PiP for completion.

Alternatively, if anyone has sign-shop connections ~ I recreated the PiP logo for Harry earlier this fall. It can be blown up to any size ~ at 36" high, it is about 45" wide, though the black background can be extended for full bleed.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

M.A.d'Dogge,

I think you would have learned your lesson regarding "getting 'neck'ed" at an event.

I don't know who was more upset, Lindsey, the chicken or you! B)

...and Yes...I know, the water was COLD!

it was a "rooster" not a pulacki (lil bird)....and the water was DAMN COLD!!!!.....

and besides...HUSH UP WOMEN YOU NOT EVEN GOIN!!!!! B)

M.A.d'Dogge,

I think you would have learned your lesson regarding "getting 'neck'ed" at an event.

I don't know who was more upset, Lindsey, the chicken or you! :lol:

...and Yes...I know, the water was COLD!

it was a "rooster" not a pulacki (lil bird)....and the water was DAMN COLD!!!!.....

and besides...HUSH UP WOMEN YOU NOT EVEN GOIN!!!!! B)

:lol:B)B):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10220690592819367011.jpg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

...midnight skinny dips....

ACK!! OUCH!!! OH my eyes... oops eye!!!!

Let's be careful out there. You could put an eye out and we're running out of patches.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Thank you, Cascabel!

Would a hand-painted canvas banner be ok? I must be insane, considering how much I still have to do, but I may be able to pull something simple together ~ or, at least, bring the materials with to PiP for completion.

Alternatively, if anyone has sign-shop connections ~ I recreated the PiP logo for Harry earlier this fall. It can be blown up to any size ~ at 36" high, it is about 45" wide, though the black background can be extended for full bleed.

I think any banner type of thing would be welcome. You would need to see about some sort of pole or something to carry it. There may be suitable long wood in the store rooms of the fort. We need to check with Harry on that.

>>>> Cascabel