Roll Call 2007

William Brand

Sorry to hear your plight. The upside is that the festival doesn't start until the 30th. The only event on the 29th is the author's sail and the reception for them at Pepes. So you're not missing out on anything much...

We can't set up camps until the 28th so you would miss the first night of that, I s'pose.

I'm sure Harry could probably slide a bit on the leave date for you if you contact him.

Just some ideas....

Otherwise, it's $384 to fly into Miami plus Greyhound...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The matter wouldn't bother me so much, but money has been tight, despite some wonderful windfalls of late, and if I got the cheaper rate I could play more. I could buy a weapon. I could ride the Wolf more than once. I could eat out at a few choice places. I could buy a round of drinks for my fellow dogs. Arrr.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

The Callahan Crewe has some corrections for the listing.

Please add another member to our crewe:

Spike (Our own, not Bone Islands)

Remove from list:

Lady Sophie

Matt (he is listed as Toby)

Harriet

We are finalized at a crewe of 11 :rolleyes::lol:

Don't worry William~ We'll take care of rum for ya lad! Just get there any way you can! :lol:

26 More Days! :lol::lol: See you all there!

William, have you tried the corporate ladder. I've found that going to corporate ( and I mean Pres, CEO, ect works wonders. You might also put the bug in the big wigs bonnet that this festival is shaping up to be bigger and bigger. It sure would be sad if the word got out throughout the Pirate community that Delta doesn't honor their sky miles or changes the rules in mid stride. I guess what I'm getting at is shake the bastards where they live, in the wallet. Bad publicity in this day and age is something no airline wants.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Ahoy me hearties!

Through an entirely unforeseeable series of circumstances which have nothing whatsoever to do with me, I'll be joining all you rum-soaked brigands at PiP this year.

I’ll be sailing the Emerald Ox down a couple days early, turning this excursion into an artistic reconnaissance mission.

I look forward to seeing all of you there.

In the meantime, check out my pirate art blog:

http://nigelzart.blogspot.com/

Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I'll be joining all you rum-soaked brigands at PiP this year.

Cool......

Right now me Boss (Carol) is workin' on gettin' th' tickets ter fly thar.......

So I got's ter get her garb in order real quick like.......

Think I might be flying outta PiP to Nashville for a Baseball Convention (work).... so my baggage will get interesting.... (Pyrate stuff and work cloths...)

But hey..... welllllll .... a good 'arty Arrrgh..... it's goinna be so dang grand.......

OH yah.... William.... wot are the logistics fer shipping stuff ter Fort Zaccary Taylor (I have an address (well somewhere).... but I wanna make sure me swag gets ter the exact right place..... UPS an all......)

Ahoy me hearties!

Through an entirely unforeseeable series of circumstances which have nothing whatsoever to do with me, I'll be joining all you rum-soaked brigands at PiP this year.

I’ll be sailing the Emerald Ox down a couple days early, turning this excursion into an artistic reconnaissance mission.

I look forward to seeing all of you there.

In the meantime, check out my pirate art blog:

http://nigelzart.blogspot.com/

Nigel

NIGEL !!!!!

Glad to hear from ye, lad....

I thought some un-kind fate had befallen ya. See ya at PiP.

>>>> Cascabel

Glad to hear things worked out!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Glad to hear from ye, lad.... 

I thought some un-kind fate had befallen ya.    See ya at PiP.

>>>> Cascabel

Many kinds of fate have befallen me, my friend. And yet, I live to tell the tale.

I look forward to seeing ye at the festival. We must sit and swap tales o'er a bottle of rum.

And Patrick, we must once again wander Duval Street in search of misadventure.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

If you haven't visited Sir Nigel's site that he posted a link to, do. He's been doing some amazing things with this art. The path may not always be straight in life but it always has purpose. Great stuff! Wow!!!! is all I can say...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Nigel, me boy!!!! Great work on your blog. We won't be able to make it down to PIP this year but next year is fer certain, even if I have to become un3employeed. ( Just joking......mebe not). Good to see yer still alive and kicking.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

next year is fer certain, even if I have to become un3employeed. ( Just joking......mebe not).

Well look at it this way: if you're in Key West and you're unemployed....

Hey, you're in Key West.

I will miss ya, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

It is with deepest regret that at this late date that I will have to cancel the trip....due to the obvious reason of not being to openly be able to sutler at the event and currently my full stock has been not been delivered.... and a multitude of other personal reasons revolving around my children and issues that are involving family court.

So unfortunately I will be unable to attend the event ......I'm sorry for any issues this may raise for those who were planning to bunk in my extra tentage hopefully there will be others who can assist those who had asked to have berth in my tents .... I'm sorry for the late notice and the inconvenience

I am so sorry to hear you won't be making it and I hope all works out with your family and court. Never fun.

There's always next year and we will miss you!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I also humbly withdraw from attendence of the festivites this year.

Ye Ship's Potter,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

It is with deepest regret that at this late date that I will have to cancel the trip....

:lol:

!! With Callenish withdrawing his attendance last evening, it seems we are in need of a Powder Supply again?

Anyone capable of filling the need?

:blink:

(also posted in Black Power... Of Need and Transport)

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

As of this writing I am still coming, in spite of being without work for four weeks. It will be six by PiP. Still, my wife understands this insanity and is OK with me going. Right now I plan to leave here Thursday morning and return Monday morning.

I will be bringing six pounds of fffg, two of ffffg (primer) and a couple of odd cannon grade remnants as well as paper for rolling cartridges. Normally a generous soul, I would usually just make this available for all but now I find that I will be needing to pass the hat in order to make this happen. Otherwise I might not have any powder in the coming year.

This is contingent upon my still being able to come, subject to employment, but being there is a very high priority for me. I will keep you posted.

I will cross-post this in the black powder thread.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

If you end up getting a job offer before you go, I have a fool-proof technique that has always worked for me to still get the vacation in first... Let me know if you end up needing it.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Yikes! Sorry to hear that Callenish won't make it - I'd looked forward ta meetin' him!

And this seems to leave me on the "homeless" end of things - does anyone have some space they could offer? I've worked very hard on making a proper, historically accurate outfit, and I've even made a special cover for my air mattress that makes it look like an uncomfortable bedroll. I don't need much - just something to keep the rain off, should it prove necessary.

PM me if you can help!

I AM BILGEMUNKY