Roll Call 2007

William Brand

So may I add you to the growing list under hotels?

I'd say it's 50/50 probability at this point. If I buy an airline ticket, I'll let you know. (That'll be the clincher.) Right now it sort of depends on a couple imponderables.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruit, recruit, recruit!

If PyrateCon in the Crescent City can pull off "Seven...Hundred...and...Fifty...Pirates" as you said in another post, then I say why let a couple miles of blue-green sea stand in the way of going-or not going? :D;)

SHIP2-1.jpg

talked it up with a lot of the vendors at Ft Frederick , MD think at least 3-4 are really interested andf they all carry top notch period kit .....hat blank/stocking vendor who also does handmade baskets and 2 apparel makers doing both mens and womens and a fellow who does sea-chests

Well done CG!!

And just think.... if the Royalist can be there for the weekend....???

Man... I'm getting all choaked up!!!!

This is really going to be a legendary weekend!!!

:o:lol::P:o:o

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

William, ye ain't complaining are ye? :huh::lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

William, could ye kindly add meself to the tentative list? I may come and merchant a few piratical wares to my fellow bretheren... :rolleyes:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Hmmm cartridge boxes perhaps? BTW my two arrived safe and sound... splendid work!! :rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The die has been cast. I purchased the tickets direct into EYW yesterday for the week leading into pirate fest. ($411 from DTW to EYW with 2 brief layovers! Last time I did that it cost me $587! That was 2 years ago and gas is so much more expensive now! Amazing...) I'm still trying to figure out a good place stay this time. (Something away from the main drag with a fridge for my insulin, peaceful with fairly private quarters.) My long time favorite KW hostelry turned condo just weeks after I left last time. (Although my being there or leaving had nothing to do with this. As far as I know. A moment of silence for The Colony Cottages. *sniff* I was a regular contributor to their bottom line.)

Michael Bagley is generously helping me out with an outfit appropriate to an pirate appropriated surgeon. (My character.) Now I must really look to making up a fairly period correct surgeon's kit... (If only I had paid more attention to the surgeon's exhibit at Sid Meir's museum last time...)

"Am I not?"

:o flying out of DTW says you?...thats where i'll be a flyin from :lol: what airline you flyin?...thought about flyin spirit $87 each way to ft lauderdale...then the olde rent a wreck and do the drive...all said and done...'bout the same price either way.... <_<
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Try Travelocity! I used the +/- one day option when looking for rates (since I didn't particularly care when I left). Being as I'm leaving right after TG, Friday is the best day to leave for me. I've used them repeatedly and always been pretty happy. Plus I have a growing list of emails that tell me to have a good trip to KW in my Inbox. One of the few things I save over time...

Why is everything scheduled for the weekend after TG? I'm missing a corporate-paid trip to Vegas to attend Autocad University to do this! Overall, that's ok, Vegas isn't really my thing - well, except Treasure Island Ts. The T-shirt I bought there was expensive as bloody hell, but it's stood up better than most Ts I've bought, so I guess it might almost, maybe, possibly be worth it. I'll be sorry to miss the University, though. Alas.

I'm returning Monday so's I don't miss whatever happens on Sunday. I imagine it's pretty low key on Sunday, though.

You can usually find a prop plane leaving from south Florida cities to KW airport for $100 - $200 round trip. You might save money with Spirit and a small air service if you look. Plus, the problem with cars is always where to put them. Key West is a small island and sometimes you have to pay the hotel for the parking space because it's at such a premium in Old Town. I don't know the circs of the parking for Fort Zach, though. As I recall, it's got a reasonable amount of parking spaces available and they may have set up something special for the pirateers. I'm sure William could tell you more about that. (For myself, I am bringing my bike and will probably only rent a car for a day so's I can visit Pigeon Key (probably a convertible) and make the bike trip on the portion of the old 7 Mile Bridge that is open to Pigeon. Plus I have to visit the No Name Pub...it's tradition. <_< )

"Am I not?"

Add me to the roster this year, I just ordered my tickets! It'll be great to see some new faces as well as old. I've camped out the last 2 times I was down for PiP, but this will be the first "period camp" I've been in down there. I am so looking forward to this year!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Add me to the roster this year, I just ordered my tickets! It'll be great to see some new faces as well as old. I've camped out the last 2 times I was down for PiP, but this will be the first "period camp" I've been in down there. I am so looking forward to this year!

Which encampent would you like to be listed in?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg