^, <, V

Pew

/\RHJ, An uncle who taught me to imagineer and build whatever I be needin' in this world. Also a gymnastics coach not willin' ta accept just good enough.

/\RCJ, Once shaved me beard an stash, left me hat off an applied fer the job I already had. It went over well. B)

/\CA, Confidence. If a woman has the confidence to be who she be tis better than tryin' ta be what she's not.

< Overtime tomorrow. The lean weeks 'o winter be over.

\/Longest time ye ever worked?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ worked at a job, 5-6 hours straight during finals. Worked for myself, 18 hours straight, sewing.

< I was hallucinating by the time I finished, but the clothes were ready for the party the next day!

V ever worked so much that you started seeing things?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^College or work? I studied Industrial design. Had a term project I was working in the woodshop from7:30 am to 9:45 Am the next day for class , didn't go to bed until 11 pm, total 41 hours without going to bed...so much fun to see the sun come up twice in one day. B) There was a door beyond the woodshop where the building was abandoned. I thought I saw ghosts. People images would appear in rooms then dissapear. Of course I had a little assistance with no-doze.

<Gonna probably meet some of you in two weeks, I'll be in Fells Point for the Baltimore Pyrate fest, might even make it to the Frederick reenactor thing depending on what's in store for the weekend. Somehow no matter where I go, there be pyrates.

V early riser or late riser?

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ Late riser anytime I can get away with it. I like to get up by 10 though, otherwise I feel like I wasted my day

< I'm also going to the Pyrate fest in Baltimore. I've got 2 weeks to put together a new get up!

V Ever post on the pub while drunk or buzzed?

^ Late nights..the pub and a Rum or DiSarrono

< After all it's my relax time..

V Do you wear a wrist, pendant or pocket watch?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ nope. Time is really irrelevant to me. There's day or night and that's about it.

< Of course I'm never late. I hate being late.

V chronically early or chronically late or spot on?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Generally spot on

< Unless strategically late in order to make an entrance

V Clambake, powow or other big fest in your area?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Blend so much even I sometimes wonder if I was there.

< Keep waiting Mr. Tar, I don't make entrances either.

V Make an entrance or have people say "oh, when did you get here?"

^ thought yes, done no. Don't think I really can do it though. I'm always better at being "me" than anyone else.

< I have orange silk Mr. Tar, you going to sew it for me?

V What color do you like to wear?

^ Me garb is a bit drap, gray waistkit, blue breeches and brown bucket boots. (I like red.)

< Chole Orange! No, red! I can't sew, but I could drape it on ye in ways ye'd get noticed (modesty intact). Orange is used by CalTrans workers (a safety color). Safe is the last thing we want ye t' be.

V Do ye know yer colors?

^ I was an art student, I'd better know them!

< It's a burnt orange. Looks amazing with emerald green & I look good in green. see the logic?

V Solids, stripes or plaid?

^ I try to not use color to my own disadvantage at least

< not a fan of fall colors Mr. Tar? Orange, yellow & brown are *my* garb colors. My basic pieces always end up in those colors.

Come to think of it, both the inside & the outside of my house are those colors too. Guess I like them more than I thought :lol:

V What color is the outside of your dwelling?

^^

planned development, tan and beige as far as the eye can see

Jacky, that sounds terrifying! I hope you at least fly a Jolly Roger on the front lawn in defiance.

My house is about 115 years old. It's made of terra-cotta-orange local brick, with wood trim painted brown and various tones of green. Different stories have dif. coloured trim as we and the previous owners chickened out before climbing the ladder to the 3rd floor. My front door is chrome green, with my own decorative paintwork design of sunflowers and oak leaves.

^Ha! My m-i-l says things like "Where DID you get that outfit?" -- but I don't think it's meant as a compliment. However, Mr. H. is easily impressed by my colour-cooridination.

< Need to spring-clean the house.

V Have you bought any new clothing for spring?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^small..overgrown from rain, but nice an' cozy wit me potted plants..

< has a strange, inexplicable affinity for elephant collectibles.

V Do you plant, or do gardening in th' Autumn season?(other than raking leaves)

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

^ An assortment of them. Hickory, White and Red Oak, Ash and far too many poplar trees.

< With trees come 'furry forest folk' - I have a lot of Squirrels and Chipmunks here...they are getting bold, they've taken to ringing the door bell - long story :lol:

V-Are you a winter, spring, summer or fall fan?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^Colt State Park in Bristol Rhode Island....straddles both Narragansett Bay and Bristol harbor, once a farm owned by Samuel Pomeroy Colt of the famous gunmaker, grew up a hundred feet from there and learned to sail along those shores....(and every other naughty thing there).

<Profoundly influenced by the dreamyness of the Geoffrey Rush/Kiera Knightley scene in COTBP and went out of my way to dark-stain my windows and trim, and installed very old rippled glass for my living room to make it look like a greatcabin of an old sailing ship....with a little craftsman/bungalow influence, my house is vintage 1937. I worked as a a carpenter for a yachtmaker (Shannon) in Bristol, RI a couple years ago , so I'm a litttle nuts with this kind of thing.

Do you have pets? Dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, snakes, etc?

SHIP2-1.jpg

< 3 cats

< favorite park, Turtle Island Playground here in town, aka "The Ship Park" thanks to all the structures looking like ships

tutleisland.jpg

V play at playgrounds as a kid, or just on the playset in your backyard?