^, <, V

Pew

^ now *that* I'll do, with or without alcohol

< Here's a health to the king and a lasting peace. to faction end to wealth increase....

V have a favorite period song?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Not as of yet...still learnin..

< Hmm Ojai...aye why not!?

V Favorite period activities 1 thru 4?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^

1. Drinking Rum

2. Country Dancing

3. Singing traditional ballads

4. Wearing stockings & garters

< Jenny, you're in New York City, aren't you? Here's the website for a Country Dance group where you can learn some period dances:

http://www.cdny.org/

(They're even having a "Playford Ball" at the end of this month, where the dances will be from a 1651 dance manual that became a standard for centuries.)

V Do you dance? If so, what style? If not, why not?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Dance? No thanks. Generally at the open bar.

< Ojai? Hmm, it's on that coast. Better chance for KW this year...

V Your favorite piratical tropical destination?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ Well, having studied Martinique for some time now, I'm tempted to go there. I think it could easily be my favorite and I haven't even been there yet.

< I'm going over patterns I got from Kass. So much to do.

V What costume projects are you currently working on?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

^ what costume projects *aren't* I working on <_<

< unfinished silk mantua, unfinished riding habit, mini mantua for the little swab & now my friend tells me "make me a worn out street hawker outfit & I'll go to Port Washington with you". Oh, & I want to make all my own tentage & gear.

V Have a skill that combines well with the "pirate/reenacting" thing?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Do drinking and swearing count?

< Only pirate gear owned is a Pewter tankard with a think leather strap.

V Your favorite piece of swag/ clothing/ dress that makes your "outfit" unique to you?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ I sewed Elisabethan and Italian Renaisance costumes on a straight stitch Sears machine. I can sew anything! (Actually, I blew up a gog in that machine and had to get a new one.) I also crochet, embroider, do beading, and love to dress up - so I guess that about covers everything! <_<

^ Hven't gotten it yet. I'm wishing for a swept-back hilt rapier.

< Working on kit for me and my husband. We've got shirts, so breeches and coats come next. Then the shoe/boot question will raise its ugly head. LOL

V What weapons do you wear with your kit (if you wear any at all)?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ I have the loveliest stomacher that my sister made for me. It is the most 'period perfect' fabric. It is made of heavy woven cloth with embroidery/needle point work through out.

< Snowing...Like Crazy!

V If your not working right now...what are you doing (other than answering and surfing the Pub)

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

/\Aye. If ye ever get ta the Red Bull aviation museum in Austria, check out me handiwork in the DC-6 interior. Commin' up on 30 year a'wearin' cabinet makers hands an still enjoyin' it.

< After spendin' 5 year in aircraft interiors i'll not be flyin' again. Pigskined designers, double checked by pigskinned engineers, an the ok'ed prints still be off by several inches :huh: Ya, tell me again how a 24"sink fits nicely in an 18" cabinet :huh:

\/ Necessety bein' the mother of invention, has ye ever see a wooden baldric buckle?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Can't say I have but it's an interesting idea.

< ideas, ideas. Evil people giving me ideas!

V over run by ideas?

^ nothing really... I always find something imperfect when I am finished that really can't be fixed...

< don't wish to talk about me... blah...

V what keeps you motivated?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ Seeing something innovative that someone else has done. I get great ideas that way.

< I'm not so much an innovator, as an adaptor. I can take a general idea or design, and adapt it, reconfigure it, and make it something completely different.

V Innovator or adapter?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ Easy...The wonderful, glorious, every tasty tomato...the fresher the better.

< I like most veggies, but don't put peas or lima beans on my plate!

V Pass the question on.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^ Snow peas,(right now), especially with water chestnuts and stir fried beef cutlets and seasonings.

< Hungry for real food, after a long day at work.

V Anyone else have an appetite?

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

^ Hev only one fer now, Walter P-38 special

Sold off my others fer bill payments(sucked)

< Under a severe thunderstorm warning, fer several counties.

V Favorite cutlass, or child, ifin ye like?

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

^Key Lime pie or raspberries with fresh cream

< starving

V Do you eat on a regular schedule?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ nope, eat when I'm hungry or not at all.

< Lets go back to Mr. Red Wakes question "What period item have you made that you are most proud of?" This one...

Picture031.jpg

Terrible photo but you can see the clothes. The little swab loves them B) Now all she needs is a mini mantua (& shoes!)

V ever make someone something that they just love?