^, <, V

Pew

^ that's a novel in itself! Off the top of my head, when the department head at school #4 told me that no, despite my credits & clep scores, they were going to require me to take a hole extra year before giving me my degree (never mind where I was going to get the money for said extra time). I haven't been back to college since!

< I am seriously considering enrolling in the college here, just so I can have better use of their materials & technology. To heck with the classes & grades, I just want the library access!

V Ever done something you hate just for one of the benifits?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Aye, done work fer some folks I didn't care fer. Alas, business is business!

< As responsible adults we often do things we don't want to do and don't complain 'bout those we do it fer.

V The bad boss or the bad client, ever daydreamed 'bout goin' postal? (Don't mean killin' anyone! Just mayhaps bustin' somethin' or someone up.)

^ Aye ..many's the time I'v uttered the phrase "One of these days I'm gonna drop her in the parking lot" (Fellow employee)

< However one must have some decorum..

V Make people laugh at work..do you?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Aye, sometimes they laugh wit' me an sometimes they laugh at me (by design).

< Some people just say things, that are ripe fer a humorous response. I don't try t' embarrass or put down anyone, an I think I know those I can joke wit' an those I can't.

V Can ye joke 'bout yer self at work? Or is that frowned upon?

^ :( I can joke all I want. Ahh the joys of not having a real job. Now weather the little swab "gets" it is up for debate.

< I've been getting a lot of "yeah sure mom :lol: " lately. The teen years are going to be tons of fun around here!

V have tons of fun in your teen years?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Me father ruled wit' a iron fist an I was the oldest o' three brothers. Me teen years allowed little back talk.

< Me daughter (a tween) has been a dream, an her friends are just as polite. So far it's been grand.

V Which are worst in their teen years boys or girls?

^ Seeing that I do not have any children of my own, I can only make reference to my own experience and upbringing - Girls! My family had five of them and we were all teenagers at the same time. My poor Mom and Dad! :(

< The Cops in Prairie Du Chien, WI are really understanding.

^ Most interesting encounter with the Authorities

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^During a bus strike one summer when I was about 20, one of my girlfriends and I went to a dance. At the end of the night, we realized we'd spent our cab fare on beer, and we had to walk home at 1 a.m. through a deserted industrial part of town. As we were walking, a police car pulled up beside us and the driver asked "Are you girls alright?" But I thought he'd said, "Do you girls want a ride?" and I said "Thanks!" and hopped in the backseat. Since we were already in the car before the cop could finish explaining what he'd actually said, he and his partner just shrugged and said, "Okay, where do you live?". My parents were away on vacation, but my friend's mom was waiting up for her and so she had a lot explaining to do when her mom saw her come home in a cop car instead of a cab.

< Craving doughnuts

V Ever get stranded somewhere? How did you get home?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

V After the cops in Prairie Du Chien stopped eyeing me up and down (I was dress in a 1883 bustle dress) they drove me back to the hotel.

< Soul searching today.

V Would you take legal action against your best friend?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^No, as far as I know of.....there is way too much litigation this day and age. I hate lawyers as much as I hate car salemen.

< I Want to make a room look like the captains quaters of the Black Pearl, with lots of dark wood and small windowpanes, preferrably something distressed an ancient looking.

V Sushi or not?

SHIP2-1.jpg

/\ Abalone. Half hour o' beatin' it wi' a rock, 2 hours o' stewin' an it still be tough as a spare tire.

< Lots 'o aloes Jacky. Keeps the the wife an humminbirds happy an the mulch pile full.

\/ Passin'the question on.\/

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Conch fritters and something Belgian..still unsure..tasted good..don't wana know

Aww Sea Urchins make adorable pets...own em and you'd never eat em...

< Spring! Spring! Hide the Easter eggs!

V Spring ritual? Same question for Summer

^ Well I'm ready for winter to be over, so I guess that means I'm ready for spring.

< Got a compliment from a total stranger today. And of all things, about my clothes. Made me wish I'd dressed up!

V last compliment you got?

^ "You don't seem too pissed off today."

< I need a change of venue.

V Have you ever completely changed careers?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ Went from working at a Title Company (Yuk), to working in my boss's garage making huge billboards for expensive subdivisions in the SF Bay area. I did everythig from 8' x 12' signs, 30' banners, and flags, to small model house placs. Oh, and I did graphics on sales office awnings. It was a blast, till the guy retired. Sigh. That was my last "real" job. Now I work at home.

< I've eaten sea urchin. The flavor was okay, but I didn't care for the texture. Generally, I like sushi.

V Pass the question on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ I went from being a typesetter in a mom-and-pop print shop, to working for the company (and eventually working on the specific technology) that largely made typesetters of that ilk obsolete.

< Just secured a new berth in the company. New office, new commute, new reason to exercise. Ow.

V Pass the question on.

^ Absoultely 16 years in th music industry...now I talk to airplanes..

< I once worked at a video counter...man the things you find out about people...scary

V What size shoe do you wear?

/\ 12 H. Findin' something that fits be a blessing. Something comfortable is only a dream :o

< Been known to push the defrag button just ta watch the 'puter do something.

\/ Does ye rule yer computer or just hang on fer the ride?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ I rule my machine.

< I also talk to it & swear at it (a lot). Currently having an argument with Finale. We just can't seem to agree & the program is winning.

V talk to your computer or does that sound too crazy even for you?

^ Yep, I had some choice words for mine more than once

< I also had an old car I would talk to (come on you can start ya piece of @#$%)

V Passing along the question

V talk to your computer or does that sound too crazy even for you?

May the winds of fortune sail you

May you sail a gentle sea

May it always be the other guy who says "this drinks on me"

http://www.susquehannarangers.com/