^, <, V

Pew

^ That would be the one where Kas, Bob, Foxe & I steal a turquoise and chrome 1960's esque speed boat from the basement of a hotel on a hill.

< :unsure: Don't let it be said that my dreams aren't interesting.

V Dream about people you know or is it always fictitious characters?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ People in my dreams are often anonymous cyphers -- and vaguely sinister -- but I rarely remember details in the morning.

< Super dream, Chloe! I think it deserves illustration:

HM1111_exterior%20(WinCE).JPG

V Passing the Q on...

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

/\ Mostly it be real people. Strangely a lot of 'em be dead. It doesn't seem ta be botherin' them in a dream.

< has been puntin' under the Bridge 'o Sighs as shown in Hesters picture. Have a reccurin' dream of returnin' ta the UK fer a year or two an bein' totally unprepared ta do so.

\/ Does ye have any reccurin' dreams?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Vivid color.

< I have all kinds of dreams. Some very kewl, some scary.

V Pass the question - color or B&W

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Vividly..and detail down to sand and trim on walls

< Many recurring dreams or parts thereof

V Here's one that happened more than once..

Ever tell yourself your dreaming in a bad dream and the someone or yourself tells you you're not? even tho you really are?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Eeewww, been there, done that. Not fun.

< I've had such bad/scary dreams that it wacks my whole day.

V Had a dream that affected you for a long time?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ Aye..but I can't talk about it..

< Dream of shopping..finally found out what that means..interesting

V Own swim fins and a snorkle?

^ Nope. I'm a floater

< my favorite trick is to prop my feet up (on the edge of a pool, on the edge of a dock) and fold my hands behind my head & just float.

V Know any fun tricks?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Ye mean like sinkin' or drownin'?

< I only float in fresh water if I hold my breath; guess that's why I like salt water. Me dad use t' float like Chole. When I was a kid, we use t' push him around in the pool, an dive bomb him; dad just kept floatin'.

V Pass on the water tricks question.

^ OOh! Just get me in the water! whee! summersaults.. or if ye hang yer legs at the edge of the pool...the go all the way back in the water till yer heads at the bottom upside down! Feels wierd! But be careful hard to know which way is up for a moment..

< Then there's always....sneaky pool shark..heh :lol:

V Are you a good enough swimmer to be out at sea?

/\ Use ta be. Body surfin' or longboards at Huntington cliffs a zillion year ago ;)

< Sinks like a rock so's I's always treadin' water.

\/ Ever piss arf the harbour patrol fer bein' out too far? :lol:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Not serious as in racing/swim team. But serious in that whenever I see a natural body of water, I want to be IN it. I'm not fast, but I'm a floater [one benefit of high percentage body fat] and I have endurance.

< Haven't annoyed the harbour patrol, but I have frightened the elderly neighbours at my cottage when I swam round the shoreline of our bay and disappeared out of their view.

V Do you ever have dreams involving swimming or water?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I have recurring dreams of falling overboard and having to swim ashore. The story is always the same but the geographic locattion changes. Last time it was the Amalfi coast in Italy.

<It is but a fortnight before I depart the northeast for a long weekend in southwest florida, woo hoo!

V Ever listen to non-US radio stations? I'm listening to Invicta 103.1 FM out of London right now via internet.

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ Of course! I'm a good Canuck and only listen to the CBC (it's on right now in the background). In fact, I haven't listened to a US radio station since I was a little girl and could sometimes pull in signals from across the border at night on the old transistor when I was supposed to be sleeping.

< Swimming to shore on the Amalfi coast? Matusalem, that's not a dream, that's a vacation!

V What is your favourite internet radio station?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Radio Disney o' course (not me favorite but it is child friendly).

< I wish I was a floater. Lake swimmin' is hard work when yer a sinker. Canadian lakes must be frigid most o' the year fer swimmin'.

V How long can ye stay in cold water wit' out special gear?

^ I don't go in cold water. If I have to jump ship, I hope it's near land.

< I have a love/hate relationship with the ocean. I love being on it, but it's not very forgiving if you screw up, so it's a bit scary as well.

V Any natural force of nature scare you?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^Tornadoes. One blew past while I was in a tent in the backwoods one summer night. The lightening was continous -- you could've read a book by the light. I was pretty sure I was gonna die that night. The wind took our canoe that had been 20 feet up on shore, wedged securely between a tree and a boulder, and hurled it to the other end of the lake. Happily other campers found it and brought it back to us the next morning, or we'd have been stranded and waiting for the rangers to rescue us. Trees down all over the place when we paddled out -- huge things broken like matchsticks.

< Really looking forward to the Easter chocolate!

V Have you ever been in a situation you thought was life-threatening?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Congratulations on becoming notorious pyrate. :lol::lol:

^Broke me wrist after falling off my sunporch trying to saw of an overhaning tree branch, kept looking up and never looked down, fell 3 meters onto my concrete patio . Fortunately my "cat intincts" allowed me to position myself for the fall instead of falling backwards, otherwise I would not be here typing this. . Fun ride down though!...it was the ending that sucked. Now I have a metal plate in my left wrist.

< Um.....

V Do you write cursive (script) or block letters?

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ I started writing in cursive a few months ago when I discovered that the style of cursive I was taught in school is almost exactly the italianite style of writing taught to girls in the early 18th century.

< otherwise has standard "kindergarten teacher" handwriting. Medium sized, clear & looks like it came from a text book on D'nelion.

V small, medium or large sized handwriting?

^ A thick pen. Which I use to write an illegible scrawl that at times even I can't read.

< Have longed to have good handwriting. I tried caligraphy, but got too frustrated with it.

V Like to handwrite things, or use your computer and a script font to fake it! :lol: (That would be me.)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg