^, <, V

Pew

^ Yeah, everal times, but that was SCA stuff.

< Back in those days, we always dressed before an event. Evey now and then a gas station attendant would give us a weird look, but I think down in So. Ca. there were so many SCAers that they were used to seeing people dressed in costume.

V What's the strangest question anyone has asked you while you were in garb?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I've driven and walked in public in costume.  And yes...some very strange looks, but also some very nice compliments.

< I once dressed up as Death and rode in the back of a pickup down main street on Halloween.  I startled a cyclist so badly that he almost laid his bike over.

V Ever won a costuming award?

^ To answer William's question:

Yes, won 1st place in CostumeCon 24 in the Novice division for Workmanship Award: Best in Class/Presentation Award: Most Evocative. ( :lol: ) Captain Sterling also won for his wonderful efforts on this Award!!!! :lol:

To answer Ransom's question:

"Can you tell me where there's the Amish community is around here?" I was dressed in plain Wild West attire for a reenactment down in IL).

< I got sick after the event and didn't know I won until the following morning.

V Pass along Ransom's question...

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ No strange questions, but once when I entered a Beverages and More dressed as a pirate, everyone nearby facing the door simultaneously pointed to their right and said, "The rum's that way!"

< I won one costume contest, but it wasn't a period costume. I came as Death.

V Have you scared small children while in garb - and by scared, I mean they ran away shrieking?

RHJMap.jpg

^ Aye. After I changed costume garb @ Screams,(Halloween themed park in Waxahachie, TX; same site as Scarborough Renn Faire), I managed to get such a reaction from small children, (Red Riding Hood, grown up and werewolfed out)

< No awards to speak of,(or worth mentioning)

V I'll pass th' question on.

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

/\ No scared kiddies but we did have the SWAT van lookin' at a fighter practise one afternoon. Strange ,they did nae want ta play :huh:

< Figgers the best award ye can get is when the 2007 recreaters crowds around yer piraty 1720 keyster fer photos.

\/ Pass the question\/

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ ah... too many times to count... it's the hat... snigger

< been hell in Virginia today...

V pass the question on...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

V Ever won a costuming award?

^ To answer William's question:

Yes, won 1st place in CostumeCon 24 in the Novice division for Workmanship Award: Best in Class/Presentation Award: Most Evocative.

Ah was this last year's Costume con??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Plenty of them. I once had a pinched nerve in my hip so I borrowe a chair from the conference room where I worked. An hour later I was fired for borrowing a chair. Pretty lousy day, that.

< I have plenty of good days get better though.

V Ever been fired over something so ridiculous that you can't explain it to others?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

^ Aye and took em to court and won!

< For borrowing a chair????

V Like to argue just to argue?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Spain, the beach & tapas.

< 15lbs lighter please. Stupid thyroid wont let me let go of the weight.

V have an internal organ you'd rather live without?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ Scotland

^ My tonsils are probably superfluous at this point

< Weight is fluctuating. Lost some, then got sick and gained it back and now I'm struggling to lose it again. Damn menopause...

V Any country besides your own that you'd consider moving to?

RHJMap.jpg

^Loosing weight. I keep saying I'll start my daily walking routine again once "spring" arrives.

< Of course, all that rum, chocolate, and Sticky Toffee Pudding doesn't help matters.

V What's the most fattening thing you ate today?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Writing with a hand cut quill. & lucet cord. & making my own rush lights. I'm full of odd little skills lately.

< most fattening thing today, salad dressing. How sad is that :huh: I don't know who's idea this healthy food thing is but I don't like it.

V most healthy thing you've eaten today?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ *blush* I've done both

< no, I won't admit what story the fan fic was for. I've got to keep some credibility around here!

V skeletons in your closet?

^ Which closet?

< Mexican food would be great right now

V Wha is the most physical thing you do?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...