You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Fantastic as always, Pete!

Though I must admit... yo'r cream colored authentic coat looks splendid! Careful, may come up missing! :lol:

Welp, no new pirate attire... yet. But, here be m' revised wench outfit that I wore during the daytime on Halloween:

wench2007.jpg

Hopefully, the others will come soon. Including the new waistcoat WITH a new frock coat.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few shots of my newest outfit. The gown came together in 4 (very lazy) days. There are interior rings so I can polonaise the skirt as well, but I like it down with the false rump instead.

front close-up

fancychole2.jpg

back close-up

Picture024-2.jpg

The infamous "silhouette" (rule #1, no playing with the rump :unsure: )

Picture026.jpg

and a nice full length shot with Mssr. William (aka Will Fiddle) before heading off to the ball.

Picture008-4.jpg

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Wow Chole you outdid yourself! GORGEOUS! I love the little blue bow

Was just thinking about you the other day..How are ya?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Wot is the beauty mark below the left eye, I wonder?

It's a little dancer, cut from black velvet.

dancerclose.jpg

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Great work all! It's amazing to see all the talent here.

As for me, I got none! Just lucky enough to have a wife who likes to sew and views my constant wardrobe changes as a challenge and not a chore, as you shall see...

I can chart my changes by coat:

I started off with the green coat:

greencoat.jpg

Then moved on to the tan coat:

tancoat.jpg

Then to my current maroon coat:

marooncoat.jpg

Now I know the maroon is probably the least likely of them all, but we wanted something flashy and showy, as it's what I got married in. Yup, a pirate weddin', with the grooms men all pirates and the bridesmaids all wenches. We even got the Judge to wear the tan coat during the ceremony, and he liked it so much we let him keep it.

I'm currently planning version IV AND V, to hopefully debut at Pyrate Con in April.

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

Another year gone by, (lurking...*smacks hand* bad pirate!) and another excuse for Meg to create and wear more garb!

Halloween 2007

IMG_1569.jpg

Pumpkins!!!

IMG_1566.jpg

(Ack! Kind of big....ah well... ^^; )

Until next year, mates....

M. Shamrock, Captain of the Celtic Cross

Some of the Unluckiest are the Luckiest...

Pirates of the Caribbean RPG

banj2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sterling in Jamestown getting ready to ....200710-Williamsburg112.jpg

send Bess back to England... okay so tis an old ship....cheaper that way.... :rolleyes:

200710-Williamsburg111.jpg

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Just some of the many chores I done while in port at the Jamestown settlement...

When I arrived I quickly got to work. I don't think the men-folk knew what hit them!

Remember, the time period for the Jamestown settlement is WAY BEFORE women came to the new land.

I be fetching water

YokesLillyJamestownsettlement.jpg

I be sweep'n the common house

LillysweepingJamestownsettlement.jpg

I be cooking

Cooking.jpg

I be doin' the laundry

Laundry.jpg

In all honesty, the Docents were wonderful to us. They let us indulge bit with our cameras. They are wonderful for letting us do so.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Are ye kidding? Tis the first time that place has been cleaned in years. B) ....

and now I have another regiment to join... ouch.. more kit...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Nay, not too young lass. Perhaps too attractive fer words. We nill discourage any here. Your statement that your kit is not yet complete said it all. You have plans and like many of us you are learning. We go from the sublime to the ridiculous here. Admittedly we are not too welcoming to the nylon crowd but we all have to start some place. Please don't be discouraged.

Aye, thank you for your kind words.

Because of my age (17) I've always been looked down upon on historical Pirate boards/forums, and based only on my age, some people tend to think I am a Pirates of the Caribbean groupie as opposed to a real pirate fan. She's SEVENTEEN, she can't possibly know the MEANING of real Pirates?! Now I'm most definatley not putting anyone here down, or saying that everyone here does this. It has just been my past experience is all.

So, to set the record straight:

NO. I am not a POTC groupie in the slightest. True, I enjoy the movies, but real Pirates are my true calling, and have been ever since I visited the Outer Banks in NC. I admire, in particular, Anne Bonny, because I relate to her alot, more than I can explain.

So thank you for not judging, and so I shall repost my pictures. And of course, no offence meant :).

Thanks again,

Toxicadia.

Please note: I've only just started out, and as I said, my outfit is HARDLY complete. I've only a few items, not even on show in these pictures.

Thank you :)

Picture one

Picture two

Picture three

Picture four

Fair winds mateys, an' good luck on ye travels.

annebonny2tz2.jpg

I be fetching

Wellllllll yah..... :lol: Yer point ? ..........

Well, er...no point really, Patrick.

Never really considered "Bess" to be a looker.

She's a good domestic and does what is expected of her. How can you be attractive when you're elbow deep in sh*@! most of the time?

Chamber pots are not her favorite!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Admittedly we are not too welcoming to the nylon crowd ....

this is very true here. my garb gets rave reviews at pirate events and ren faires, yet here it is looked down upon. i recomend to anyone that if you have garb not made from silk,linen, or wool just dont even show it here. thats what ive learned.its a good site to get ideas and info from.

this is very true here. my garb gets rave reviews at pirate events and ren faires, yet here it is looked down upon. i recomend to anyone that if you have garb not made from silk,linen, or wool just dont even show it here. thats what ive learned.its a good site to get ideas and info from.

Hmmm... I haven't found that to be the case and I admit that most of my garb is of the not-quite-authentic variety. And I haven't seen anyone else here show their non-authentic garb and get put down either. Well, okay, except for that unpleasant fellow who was trying to shill some bad polyester "Spirit Shop" costumes here and who lashed out at us when we didn't fall all over ourselves to buy his wares.

RHJMap.jpg