You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

:huh:

I'm keepin' m' mouth shut on this 'n, gents! :huh:

A fantastic shot o' ye, Foxe! My compliments.

Now, dare I ask WHAT ye got into that got yo'r breeches all dirty? Blood stained? Can't be rum stained, if rum be that black... RUN!

M'self... I'm nigh 5'11". Tall Lady I be.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, dare I ask WHAT ye got into that got yo'r breeches all dirty?

Dang..... just a guess.......... tar....

(well maybe he cheated and made it more "salty".......)

But Sailors had to work with tar,,,, and it got everywhere........ Maybe thats why they were called...........

It is indeed the finest stockholm tar. I was building a new mizzen mast earlier in the year and there was so much tar it was getting everywhere. I figured if I was going to "ruin" a pair of trousers then I might as well put it to good use.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

At long last I can post a pic of me in garb. It is not, in fact, my garb at all, but an assortment of garb loaned to me by Red-Handed Jill and her pirate confederates. (In fact, my garb that Michael Bagley and Mary Diamond are helping me assemble will be mostly period correct where this is more like movie correct.) Still, it's me in garb! With an iconic Mission skull.

Pirate%20Togs3.jpg

(Aren't I dashing in my borrowed stripey pants?)

Here's a better picture of the real star: the skull.

Pirate%20Togs2.jpg

How did I miss these?! Well done.

6' 1-and-a-bit" when I'm stood on deck.

66' 1-and-a-bit" when I'm stood up here:

Masthead.JPG

great photo Mr. Foxe. How in the world did you convinced the photographer to come up there with you for that shot? It doesn't look flattened or telephoto at all.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

LOL!! That's it Syren... I'm hiding behind you!! :unsure:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Fantastic image of ye, Rumba! :huh:B) I'm highly impressed. :D

Gents... I'd say she more than a force to reckon with!

~Lady B

:unsure:

great photo Mr. Foxe. How in the world did you convinced the photographer to come up there with you for that shot? It doesn't look flattened or telephoto at all.

I lured him onto the fore-top (crow's nest) with cookies, then the photo was taken with me on the main-top yard. Hence, he was looking up slightly, but it's only taken from about 15 or so feet away.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Great picture, Rumba. I love the black pouch on your belt. It's just what I've been looking for to carry small things — like chapstick and my glasses LOL ! Where did you find it?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

The palm frond hat was fine, but it won't hold up over lots of wear, as pieces tend to come off....mostly it was the glass fish I attached to the side that kept wacking me in the face was the big problem.... :ph34r:

I bought my leather bag at Moonstruck (yes I'm sure they will be at Ojai) and added the heart concho.

What I like about that particular pouch is it has inside flaps that keep stuff from falling out.

I have another one similar, bigger, but without the flaps with a heart concho that I think I may sell....

Thanks Rumba and Jill. I will be sure to look for Moonstruck. Since neither myself or my husband have much in the way of kit, we are both going to be looking for things. He needs a hat - probably of straw since his persona is a gunners mate (hence the name Chain Shot) so it can't be anything too fancy, and I need some kind of pouch. In Port Washington, I carried my wallet in my boot, which actually worked out pretty well, but couldn't risk putting my glasses in the other one! :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Thank you Lady Barbossa!

A force to be reckoned with? Hahahaaa ya that's a pop gun in my hand upside down with the cork dangling out..... :D

:D

Hey, if used improperly... that cork pistol can be a dangerous weapon against men! :D

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

I FINALLY completed my project. It had taken me two weeks to finish...but well worth the long nights and weekends.

Here is the fashion plate that inspired me....

RedYellowMatuagown.jpg

...And here is the finished product...(Thank God)!

Lillyredyellowmantuafrontfavorit1.jpg

The back...I had to be clever with this seeing that the fashion plate gave me very little help on this...my hubby had a bit of trouble trying to straighten the train..

Lillyredyellowmantuaback1.jpg

The thing that drew me to this particular mantua were the colours! Try loosing me in a crowd!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Wow... a lot of work that! When you get the chance, bring it to the dry cleaners and have them do a really good pressing job on it. The silk train should hang better then... and do you have your stays on?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thank you, my Dear Captain Sterling. Yes, lots of work. The gown is make of silk (taffeta and dupioni -sp?) and I JUST finished it...no time to press it off just yet...wanted to show off the pretties! Yes, I do plan to send it to the dry cleaners to press it (Halloween).

As for the train...I am wearing a bustle pad (small) so that may be the reason for the odd laying, that and my hubby doesn't do trains. I think he got a bit confused...perhaps Rats or his good lady, Maggie can shoot a better shot of it...they have wedding experience!

Yes, I do have a set of stays on...though they are front closing kind...I didn't have time for the other ones.

Member of "The Forsaken"

I FINALLY completed my project. It had taken me two weeks to finish...but well worth the long nights and weekends.

Here is the fashion plate that inspired me....

RedYellowMatuagown.jpg

...And here is the finished product...(Thank God)!

Lillyredyellowmantuafrontfavorit1.jpg

The back...I had to be clever with this seeing that the fashion plate gave me very little help on this...my hubby had a bit of trouble trying to straighten the train..

Lillyredyellowmantuaback1.jpg

The thing that drew me to this particular mantua were the colours! Try loosing me in a crowd!

*Wolf Whistles* Aye Im liking the colors as well..Very nice and Hope to see more pics of you in it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Thank you for the kind words Black Syren....

I think I'll have to wear this mantua more often then the wool one...at least for a while. Seeing that I've spent so much time making it! I am going to wear this for Halloween (Williamsburg), that's for sure!

I hope my Captain likes it...you did say you liked red, sir!

Member of "The Forsaken"