You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Get rid of the bustle pad I think and just stick with your petticotes and remind me not to wear my red coat... B) I have an idea for this dress... and you really do need Rats to photograph this... the pictures aren't doing it justice...or your hubby...snigger

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo et magnifique, Cheeks!!! Quite a prime job, indeed!! And it is oh so French! B) Do make sure that next time we meet that you bring that along....Though I do guess I should tailor another coat that is more befitting in hue when next to that flow of silk. Falicitations on your latest composition.!!

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, Cheeky! I LOVE it! Can't wait t' see ye in it in person. OOOO!!! You MUST simply where it to Reenactor Fest! B)

;) Aye, there is NO way to lose you in a crwod wearin' that!

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Get rid of the bustle pad I think and just stick with your petticotes and remind me not to wear my red coat... :ph34r: I have an idea for this dress... and you really do need Rats to photograph this... the pictures aren't doing it justice...or your hubby...snigger

Well, I don't think I'll get rid of the small pad, Captain...I just need some one to dress me properly. An extra pair of hands that know what they are doing does help!

Oh, but I do like you in Red, Captain! We'll just clash...as we always so ( :ph34r: ).

I plan to bring it with me next weekend.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

There you go Cheeky! Problem solved...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Bravo et magnifique, Cheeks!!! Quite a prime job, indeed!! And it is oh so French! :ph34r: Do make sure that next time we meet that you bring that along....Though I do guess I should tailor another coat that is more befitting in hue when next to that flow of silk. Falicitations on your latest composition.!!

Why thank you, CBIL!

Yes, I will happy to bring it along for you to inspect...perhaps a bit closer :ph34r:

Member of "The Forsaken"

Absolutely fantastic, Cheeky! I LOVE it! Can't wait t' see ye in it in person. OOOO!!! You MUST simply where it to Reenactor Fest! :ph34r:

:ph34r: Aye, there is NO way to lose you in a crowd wearin' that!

Thank you Lady B!

I plan to bring it with me this weekend so you can have a closure look at it!

Member of "The Forsaken"

heres me at work on sept 19th. i wore my waistcoat under it but it was too hot to leave on.also i wore only my smallest sword.the hat is just temporary til i get a better one,money is slow right now. i love how the mirror captured the fullness of the back tho.(oh and i didnt finish lining it either,hence the white near the hem)

pir_sm.jpg

heres me in differnt garb a couple years ago,wild west style.

20061930037.jpg

Cheaky ...how lovely! I couldn't go for the stripes myself ...horizontal and all ...I'd look like a circus tent if I took them vertically! lol ...but I can't wait to see it up close some day!

Bonnie, looks fun! Didn't the ruffels get in the way while working? You are a tattoo artist right? ...or did you end up rolling the sleeves up?

:lol: Careful, Cheeky. Th' gents may attempt to be Handmaidens.

I do look forward to it, m'dear Cheeky.

Very nice, Bonnie! Impressive!

You look fantastic, Ol' Jack!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

At long last I can post a pic of me in garb. It is not, in fact, my garb at all, but an assortment of garb loaned to me by Red-Handed Jill and her pirate confederates. (In fact, my garb that Michael Bagley and Mary Diamond are helping me assemble will be mostly period correct where this is more like movie correct.) Still, it's me in garb! With an iconic Mission skull.

Pirate%20Togs3.jpg

(Aren't I dashing in my borrowed stripey pants?)

Here's a better picture of the real star: the skull.

Pirate%20Togs2.jpg

How did I miss these?! Well done.

How did I miss you missing me in these?

Gee, thanks. I can't take any credit except for the me inside someone else's clothes, however. (Even the forelock is borrowed.)

"I'm Yosemite Sam, the meanest, toughtest, rip-roaringest, Edward-Everett-Hortonest hombre whatever packed a six-shooter."

[Fires some shots in the air]

"That's who I am!"

"You don't say? Well, come 'ere, shorty, come 'ere. Don't say I told ya, but there's a guy in the next car who says he's the meanest, toughest, et cetera, et cetera, and he's got a seven-shooter to prove it. How's about that?"

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

B) .....Goin' back ta the Tall Pyrate Thing.......Patrick, me boy, ya remember what the Leprachauns did to ya in Ojai last weekend.......Ne'r doubt the power of us Wee Ones.....Yer Damn fortunate we didn't finish yer Rum......Oh no, and fer sure we poured it into the smaller bottle for ye.....Damn Nice, it was, shore and begorrah ) .....Iron Hand......EGB :lol::lol:
galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

Here's one of me in my updated outfit, still waiting on my 'real' flintlocks...

1469404329_313e8c633e_m.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Another view...

1470287558_05225bad93_m.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Ooohhh! Busted in the boxers...you wouldn't be an on-air newscaster, by any chance? I hear they often work without pants.

By the way, Chris, you missed the naked lady on the wall behind him...Hmmmm?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...