movie quotes game

Fancy

Okay, I found a quote to post.....I recently watched this movie....and forgot how bizarre it truly was:

"He could kill himself."

"JJ, why don't you go cruise some sailors, uh?"

"Oh please, don't mention seafood."

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Great Expectations?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Nay...not from Great Expectations.

By the way, I like the picture you have up. I love tigers especially white ones. Where did you find the pic?

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

One of Clint Eastwood's lines in 'Play Misty for Me'

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Iron Jon, Honey, You are good. Aye...you got it....You're up.

OK, I was watching this old movie for the hundredth time earlier today, this should be an easy one...

"Where you from Sargeant"

"Jersey City"

"Well don't you feel bad about it Son. You're a hell of a soldier and I just wanna shake your hand. All America is real proud of you today. I got a medal here in the jeep for ya..."

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I'll bet that is either from Kelly's Heroes or M*A*S*H. Probably Kelly's Heroes since it seems to be on TV more often.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Yep, Kelly's Heroes is it... You're up next

Jonathan Washbourne

"It was a night...a real wide open night filled with the stars of a thousand dreams. It was the kind of night that could only be found in a place called The West...or maybe in a cheap spy novel. The kind with...gorgeous, smooth-skinned women with forty-five caliber lips.

(Shrugs, lights cigarillo. Object hits character on the head.)

Ouch! My, how time flies! You dropped this!"

(Throws object back in the direction from which it fell.)

(I will be flat out amazed if anyone gets this without hints. It's from a movie I seen more times than I care to admit.)

"It was a town like any other - a town with nothing to hide - until they arrived.

Ok!"

Three hints (in addition to that second quote): The movie came out in 1984, it features an ensemble cast as many movies in this genre do and it is not available at NetFlix. (Fourth hint: this is not an indie pic, either.)

No. I have been picking somewhat misleading quotes because I always thought the offbeat narrative was cool. If you have seen this movie, it was probably on the Comedy Channel or late night movies. Another hint: there are several WB cartoon style scenes and sound effects in this move. (Part of the reason it's stuck with me.)

For good measure, let me give a better quote. This quote has about 6 or 8 serious clues in it. And if there is a memorable scene in this movie for most people, this is probably it:

"Where's Irwin? Where is he now?"

"He's trying to get into the wet bag. Dirtbag?"

"Scumbag."

"Douchebag?"

"Bag...Bag Lady?"

"Oh, he's got a bone!"

"Oh my God! They cut him into steaks?"

"No, they haven't cut him into steaks. They've...uh, staked him to...the ground!"

Cheering from other four people.

"Where is he, Chuck?"

"My jacket! That's my jacket!"

"He's trying to tell us something."

Chuck tears down jacket apart.

"Augh! They've plucked him!"

"They haven't plucked him...it's something to do with, uh..."

"What?! What?!"

"...feathers! Feathers!"

"No, those aren't feathers! That's down!"

"Down! Oh, you're right!"

"Down...down something. They got Irwin down something. C'mon, Chuck. Give us another clue."

"How many syllables?"

Chuck barks twice.

"Two! Two syllables!"

Chuck gets a piece of liver from the wet bag. (Why would there be a piece of liver in the wet bag? Alas, we'll never know.)

"Gah! They cut out his liver!"

"Down...liver...uh..."

"I've got it! I've got it! Down liver! Don't you get it? That's Japanese for down river!"

Much cheering.

"Those were great clues!"

"I dunno. I thought they were kind of hard."

If no one gets it now, I'm switching to a new movie.

Okay, I did some digging and found the name of the flick but I won't put it out there since I had to cheat to find it. I've never seen it before it has one of the most underrated actors of all time in it - I still think Matheson's performance in "1941" was hilarious and much more faceted than what Belushi was doing in most of the roles he had been pushed into.

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Okay, I did some digging and found the name of the flick but I won't put it out there since I had to cheat to find it.  I've never seen it before it has one of the most underrated actors of all time in it - I still think Matheson's performance in "1941" was hilarious and much more faceted than what Belushi was doing in most of the roles he had been pushed into.

I've actually gotten movies from hints and research, so I say you get it, Blackbead. That's what hints are for. It's the movie Up the Creek.

As punishment for cheating (heh), you really must see this movie. (I'll even watch On a Clear Day You can See Forever and do my penance as well.) It made Matheson one of my favorite underrated actors. (Put him on the list with John Goodman.) His character is basically an extension of his role as Otter in Animal House, only a little more mature. Well, no one in this movie is mature, but you get the point. The trouble is, it's only on videocassette. It was the first video I ever purchased and I still have it, even though it's pretty sophomoric.

"You think you can blackmail me into playing this little game of yours, don't you? Well I got news for you, mister. This ain't just any dumb shmoe you're talking with. This is Bob McGraw. The Bob McGraw and it's gonna take men a lot bigger than you to make this guy...play ball."

Turns on his heel into two large security guards.

"How 'bout Poly Sci?"

(I'm gonna go submit these quotes to IMDB. They have none. It's a travesty.)

Mea culpa, it is! I'll see if I can find a copy and vid it. Till then, how's about this for a quote:

"Ladies and gentlemen, every where I look... soldiers are fighting sailors, sailors are fighting marines. Directly in front of me, I see a flying blond floozy. Everywhere I look, everywhere, pure pandemoninium - pandemonium."

What says the crew?

• 4 weeks later...

Man, this thread so died. You would think that last quote would have been a shoe in with this group, too. (Yet, I don't know it.) I am posting a new quote.

"You're staring at my tits."

"Uh...I was? I don't think I was, I don't think I'd do that. If I was, I can assure you it was only as a representative of the United States Government."

(Great movie. Existential hilarity ensues.)

Man, this thread so died. You would think that last quote would have been a shoe in with this group, too. (Yet, I don't know it.) I am posting a new quote.

"You're staring at my tits."

"Uh...I was? I don't think I was, I don't think I'd do that. If I was, I can assure you it was only as a representative of the United States Government."

(Great movie. Existential hilarity ensues.)

Stranger than Fiction.

This movie was very pleasant surprise.

No, Duchess got it right - it is from Stranger than Fiction. Although I could just see David Duchovny saying that...

I haven't seen 1941 since it came out. All I remember about it is Belushi firing on a giant ferris wheel...

I don't recognize the new quote.

"You've tricked and fooled your readers for years. You've tortured us all with surprise endings that made no sense. You've introduced characters in the last five pages that were never in the book before. You've withheld clues and information that made it impossible for us to guess who did it. But now, the tables are turned. Millions of angry mystery readers are now getting their revenge. When the world learns I've outsmarted you, they'll be selling your $1.95 books for twelve cents."

Enjoy . . .