movie quotes game

Fancy

I give the honor of providing the next quote to Red-Handed Jill in recognition of her naming Billy Bob Thorton as Davy Crockett in the Alamo.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Wow . . . now there's one I haven't seen in a long time. What a great cast and what a timeless message -

"Mister Roberts"

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Ah-HAH! :ph34r:

So, let's take another stab at it!

"Now put your shirt on. You look much too naked for a decent English gentleman."

What say ye, ye wild pack of sea dogs?!?!?!

Thank ye me hearty.

Har ye be:

"Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones."

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Ahhh, Peter Sellers in three hilarious roles, Slim Picken's being Slim Pickens, and the looniest look on George C. Scott's Face I've ever seen. Are those clues enough to get another player playing??

Well good grief, everybody has it, they just won't say it!

If this keeps up, you know what will happen?

You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company.

Maybe they rode the bomb down by using Google to find the quote and don't want to take credit 'cuz they, er, "cheated"? :blink:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Maybe they rode the bomb down by using Google to find the quote and don't want to take credit 'cuz they, er, "cheated"?

Mission, I know that movie too well. Dr. Strangelove (or How I learned to Love The Bomb).

I think the most unforgettable and funniest scene is towards the end where Dr Srangelove (a.k.a. Muerkverdeglieben, or something like that)

is attacked by his own hand since he suffers from a real medical malady called "alien hand syndrome".

Moving on:

" We have here in Louisiana what's known as the Napoleonic code"

SHIP2-1.jpg

Moving on:

hmmm...

Streetcar named Desire, I think...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

QUOTE (Matusalem @ Nov 8 2007, 11:35 AM)

Moving on:

hmmm...

Streetcar named Desire, I think...

Yep, double ration of rum for you Dorian....I guess I'm that unoriginal with these lines.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Awww, no worries mate!

Hmm...

Here's a whole dialog...

Person: Hello, Bomb? Are you with me?

Bomb: Of course.

Person: Are you willing to entertain a few concepts?

Bomb: I am always receptive to suggestions.

Person: Fine. Think about this then. How do you know you exist?

Bomb: Well, of course I exist.

Person: But how do you know you exist?

Bomb: It is intuitively obvious.

Person: Intuition is no proof. What concrete evidence do you have that you exist?

Bomb: Hmmmm... well... I think, therefore I am.

Person: That's good. That's very good. But how do you know that anything else exists?

Bomb: My sensory apparatus reveals it to me. This is fun.

Names are changed to protect the innocent... heh

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Is that from 2001?

"I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Awww, no worries mate!

Hmm...

Here's a whole dialog...

Person: Hello, Bomb? Are you with me?

Bomb: Of course.

Person: Are you willing to entertain a few concepts?

Bomb: I am always receptive to suggestions.

Person: Fine. Think about this then. How do you know you exist?

Bomb: Well, of course I exist.

Person: But how do you know you exist?

Bomb: It is intuitively obvious.

Person: Intuition is no proof. What concrete evidence do you have that you exist?

Bomb: Hmmmm... well... I think, therefore I am.

Person: That's good. That's very good. But how do you know that anything else exists?

Bomb: My sensory apparatus reveals it to me. This is fun.

Names are changed to protect the innocent... heh

Doolittle addressing Bomb #20 in the cult SF classic Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter.

Doh!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I should have known Black John would get that one. :rolleyes:

Great movie if you've never seen it, great campy silliness...

John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon's first movie I think, or one of their first. To think what they went on to do...

Yer up John!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

I should have known Black John would get that one. :rolleyes:

Great movie if you've never seen it, great campy silliness...

John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon's first movie I think, or one of their first. To think what they went on to do...

Yer up John!

BriarRose slaps her forehead, "Ugh, I should have known that one when I looked at it last night cause I watched it with ya."

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.