movie quotes game

Fancy

I'm still thinkin' on a quote. I'll be back in a bit with one. :rolleyes:

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Okay, I have thought of a quote. It is from one of my favorite movies. I watch it when ever I am sick or down in the dumps. It some how always cheers me up. As a child I watched the vhs so many times I wore it out.

"That would make you twenty four. How did you get to be twenty four?"

"Right after twenty three."

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

So do I have every one stumped? Do you all need a hint or two?

Hmm. It sounds like witty reparte from an old movie (Bogie and Bacall for example) or smart alecky-reparte from a newer, more cynical movie (post 1980). However, many of those films seem to be about teenagers.

Got me.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Okay, here are two hints for you:

it is a movie from 1970 and is a musical.

Let me know it you need another hint.

That's a lot of clue. Is it On a Clear Day You Can See Forever?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Aye, Mission you are correct. Next time I won't give so much of a clue.

Okay you're up.

By the way, have you ever seen it, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever?

I must confess, I'm not much of a Streisand fan. However, since I really, really liked The Bishop's Wife, I will consider it.

And now, an iterations upon iterations quote.

"Because if you aren't talking about the guy I think you're talking about...Well then you have me mistaken for somebody else because in my mind, there is only one Bond."

"On that we agree."

"Same time on three..."

"One.."

"Two..."

"Three..."

[simultaneously]"Roger Moore!" "George Lazenby!"

"Roger Moore?! Are you kidding me?"

Picking movie quotes about movie quotes for movie quotes. I could be Kevin Smith.

Randal Graves:[describing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy] Here's the first movie. [Walks a few steps, staring blankly]

Randal Graves: And here's the second movie. [Walks a few steps again, pretends to trip]

Hobbit Lover: He is way off, loser.

Randal Graves: You ready for the third movie? [Walks yet again, stops, pretends to throw the ring into the volcano. Shrugs his shoulders and turns around.]

:rolleyes::rolleyes: (That's not the quote you're guessing, the other one is. That one is from Clerks 2, so you don't have to guess it.)

I had a feeling you would like this movie.

Hint: Morgan Freeman is in it. (But then I think Freeman has been in every third movie made in the past 10 years. :rolleyes: )

Thanks. My next hint was going to be that it was a post-coital discussion. It would have been my first hint, but I thought it was too vague.

I have no idea what your quote is from. It almost sounds like Harlem Nights (a foul-mouthed rip-off of the far superior The Sting - one of my top five favorite movies ever) but I don't think that's right.

I must confess, I'm not much of a Streisand fan.

Neither am I, but I recently bought A Star is Born on DVD, purely for the shirtless Kristofferson factor.

No guess, btw. Sorry Duchess, you've got me stumped.

Oh wait, I'll guess anyway -- Snatch? I haven't seen it, but I've been intending to.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

A Star is Born and Mentyl are actually two of the reasons I am not a Streisand fan.

I just saw a movie yesterday with Walken in it that such a quote could have been in (although I don't specifically recall it which makes think it's still wrong) called Poolhall Junkies.

The most amazing thing about that movie for me wasn't the dialog (although a quote about a lion getting po'd and taking out the jackals comes to mind), but the fact that the star of the movie seemed to actually be making some pretty clever pool shots without cutaways. It almost made me wonder if they CG'd him onto the person making the shot. Either that or he really is a very good pool player.

Yep thats the one. The quote comes after he finds out its Tang's savings his brothers friends have been slipping him.

The star guy is actually a semi-pro pool player, I've heard. And they didn't cg any of the shots.

Oh, yeah! Where the "rich kid" kept going off to get the 10gs when he was playing Ricky Schroeder! I was a little confused about Tang's whole situation. I confess I actually confused him with the main guy's brother in the beginning based on the dialog. Have you ever seen The Hustler? That's a really cool pool movie.

I just saw a film I enjoyed (for a very odd reason that I'll explain) so I'm going to offer an obscure quote from that. If nobody gets it, I'll keep adding to the quote - kinda like "Name that Tune" in reverse. Eventually one of the characters gets named and that may give it away.

"I was wondering..."

"Yeah?"

"Well, I was wondering, if, perhaps...I was wondering if you'd care to have dinner some night this week?"

"You mean, like, you know...a date?"

"I'm afraid so."

A Star is Born and Mentyl are actually two of the reasons I am not a Streisand fan.

Okay, I just had to interject cause you made me laugh..... :lol::rolleyes:

Aye, not too many people are big fans of Barbara. Although I will have to admit, that I grew up with her music and movies.

Thanks Mission for putting a smile on my face. And I will try to think of another movie for you to see that would equal the Bishop's Wife. Please do not torture your self by watching On A Clear Day. :lol:

Would this quote be from....Fay Grim?

Well, it reminds me of Ed Wood. But it isn't quite the right progression..

"I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner with me."

"What like a date? I thought you were a fag."

"No, no. I'm a transvestite."

It does sort of sound like something from Ed Wood doesn't it? However...

Would this quote be from....Fay Grim?

Yes. The dialog in the movie is pretty funny...and the way much of it is spoken is really interesting. The director appears to have told everyone to put all these strange pauses in that occur as characters react to their own dialog. I think Jeff Goldblum was made to be in a movie like this given his tendency to put weird "uhs" and introspective glaces into his lines in just about every movie I can recall him in.

Posey is a hoot in this movie (she always comes off as a non-nonsense single mom who just happens to get involved in international espionage and who has a cool "spy" coat that was a gift from her boyfriend). The best part of the dialog that I was going to cite (other than, "I'm afraid so." :angry: ) was,

"I realize you must...well...miss the man."

"I hope I never see him again...really. I mean it. I'm single. (Looks off into the distance or the back of her mind or something.) Sort of."

:angry:

However, what I really liked about it was how unlike the previous movie (Henry Fool) it was. You can hardly tell it's a sequel. Based on this movie, I expect the next one to be a musical or something. Don't believe all the fans of the first movie (which I found mostly dreary and somewhat base) and check this movie out.

Anyhow...

I will be sure to find this at the video store for Dorian and I to watch. Hopefully I will be able to find both the 1st one and the 2nd as well. I do need to thank Dorian, for he was the one that helped me figure out the quote.

Okay, so I guess I am up. Mmm, well, now I need to think of a quote....so give me a bit and I will post one for all of you to guess at.