movie quotes game

Fancy

Sgt. Clifton Sleigh... Curse of the Pink Panther

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 4 months later...
My favorite Duke movie is still Donovan's Reef with Lee Marvin. (Nobody got that, either.)

I was watching this again last night. It's one of those rare movies that makes me wish I was there. Most movies are watchable, but a few make you wish life was like the movie. Goldfinger is another one.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Alright, this thread seems to have gone silent again . . . shall we start a new game??

"All my life I've been alone. Many times I've faced death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. But I always passed by."

Ladies, this is one for you . . .

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Alright, this thread seems to have gone silent again . . . shall we start a new game??

"All my life I've been alone. Many times I've faced death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. But I always passed by."

Ladies, this is one for you . . .

Blackbead

is that from the atrocious movie with Brad Pitt? Meet Joe Black?

:lol: Congratulations, Jill! It IS from "C the B"! :lol:

I also agree about the atrociousness of "Meet Joe Black." <_<

Your turn at the helm, Oh, Red-handed One!

Okey dokey:

"Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no-holds-barred, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."

HOT FUZZ!!

I was going to guess Pollyanna, but that's a good guess too.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Brazil? (No, wait, that's just what the movie is about, not a line from it...)

Let's try an easy one, shall we?

"So it's every hand to his rope or gun, quick's the word and sharp's the action. After all... surprise is on our side."

Blackbead

"Captain Blood" was a good guess; there are some GREAT lines out of that film! But "M&C" was the correct answer so it be your turn again, Jill!

Blackbead

May a post a movie quote please?

"Is there no sun in this cursed country."

any guesses?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

It came from Los Angeles?