movie quotes game

Fancy

• 1 month later...
"I'm looking for something that starts with 'E'..."

"England?"

Uh...National Treasure? Sahara? Hmm. I don't know. I want to resurrect this chestnut so I'm going to post a quote. Feel free to call me out of line here and I'll just give up the source and let you proceed.

"Crazy old bastard."

"That guy's all action and no theory. We're all theory and no action."

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

No? Here's another quote from the same movie:

"You know they say that there’s still six to twelve minutes of brain activity after everything else is shutdown. And a second of dream consciousness, right, well, that’s infinitely longer than a waking second. You know what I’m saying?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely. For example, I wake up and it is 10:12, and then I go back to sleep and I have those long, intricate, beautiful dreams that seem to last for hours, and then I wake up and it’s … 10:13."

"Yeah, exactly. So then six to twelve minutes of brain activity, I mean, that could be your whole life. I mean, you are that woman looking back over everything."

"Okay, so what if I am? Then what would you be in all that?"

"Whatever I am right now. I mean, yeah, maybe I only exist in your mind. I’m still just as real as anything else."

"Am I not?"

Arr, t'be "Waking Life". I think I be seein' that on IFC not too long ago. Th'guy floated away at th'end or somethin'. T'was pretty trippy, mateys.

Arr, let's see ye louts get thissun.

"You have penetrated me."

Arr, I know that be soundin' kinda nasty, so 'ere be anudder one from th'same movie:

"I am Lazarus, come from the dead. Do you know the next line? It's T.S. Eliot."

• 2 months later...

I was just searching this topic for time travel, since I know we were discussing it a year or to ago and I couldn't find it. I did discover just how many times the word "time" comes up in the thread, however. (And now I've added three more times. Four.) I know we were discussing it somewhere, but I can't remember where. Maybe it got deleted. I was going to spout off about the illogical time (five) travel elements in the movie Primer. Alas.

It seems a shame to let it die, especially after spending so much time (six) searching it. So here's a quote, that's old, but should be sort of easy for anyone who wants to keep the topic alive...(Bonus if you can name the actor/actress who said this famous line.)

"I always get the fuzzy end of the lollypop."

"Am I not?"

Well technically you are out of line. But since I killed it and didn't pay attention I was out of line too, so maybe two wrongs really do make a right...

The time travel discussion was in some philosophy thread you'd started, whose name I cannot recall.

So I take it you don't know the answer... :o

Me? Out of line?

"You got out of line, you got whacked. Everybody knew the rules. But sometimes even if people didn't get out of line, they got whacked. I mean, hits just became a habit for some of the guys. Guys would get into an arguments over nothing, and before you knew it, one of them was dead."

(Goodfellas)

How about this...if you no one responds to a quote and you don't at least make some kind of half-as...hearted effort to do something about it, you lose your turn. One of my fave posts has gone almost two months without a reply! <_<

Alas...the philosophy thread is dead. "Dead, dead, deadski..." (Beetlejuice)

"Am I not?"

So I take it you don't know the answer... :o

Me? Out of line?

"You got out of line, you got whacked. Everybody knew the rules. But sometimes even if people didn't get out of line, they got whacked. I mean, hits just became a habit for some of the guys. Guys would get into an arguments over nothing, and before you knew it, one of them was dead."

(Goodfellas)

How about this...if you no one responds to a quote and you don't at least make some kind of half-as...hearted effort to do something about it, you lose your turn. One of my fave posts has gone over two months without a reply! <_<

The philosophy thread is dead. "Dead, dead, deadski..." (Beetlejuice)

No, I don't know that one, though it is disturbingly familar.

Yes, that was sort of my point about losing my turn. I let it die and didn't pay attention to it.

And of course you could always resurrect your favorite thread, whats stopping you now?

Oops! It started out as a few lines and then I kept editing it. Soon it grew into something monsterous and you answered while I was editing to make the problem with the philosophy thread make sense. I'm babbling.

I think the philosophy thread is long gone - took a dirt nap. Never to be seen again. (Maybe I should go look instead of sitting here typing about it.)

"Am I not?"

So here's a quote, that's old, but should be sort of easy for anyone who wants to keep the topic alive...(Bonus if you can name the actor/actress who said this famous line.)

"I always get the fuzzy end of the lollypop."

No one?

Here's a (pretty decent) hint: it's a Billy Wilder movie.

"Am I not?"

"Is this - Sea of Tranquility? Sea of Tranquility? Is this Sea of Tranquility? Sea of Tranquility? There's no one around!”

(OK, this might be a stretch for many o' you - 'tis a comedian, formerly of Monty Python - tis a hoot! if you have never heard 'im.)

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Now, see . . . I'm all messed up here. I thought for sure that was Eddie Izzard but he was never a member of Monty Python.

Hmm, funny . . . like "Mystery Men" or the Magna Carta.

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 2 weeks later...

Oh look, someone dropped a thread... (picks it up, dusts it off)... ahem... shall we start anew?

My story starts at sea... a perilous voyage to an unknown land... a shipwreck... the wild waters roar and heave... the brave vessel is dashed all to pieces, and all the helpless souls within her drowned... all save one... a lady... whose soul is greater than the ocean... and her spirit stronger than the sea's embrace... not for her a watery end, but a new life beginning on a stranger shore. It will be a love story... for she will be my heroine for all time. And her name will be Viola.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Here's an easy one for ya....

"Why can't I have a normal boyfriend? Just a regular boyfriend, one that doesn't go nuts on me!"

Holy schnikies Batman! Thats Me! I just said nearly the same sentence to my sister last night...

But since I'm not famous and no has made a movie of my life yet, I suppose the guessing is still open.